Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
I traded in a 2017 F150....no ragerts, not even one letter
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you do lots of 'truck' things, you'll miss it. I still have my Tacoma (19 years, 125k miles, $25 in repairs - consumables like breaks etc aside) but never used it to haul much. If I need more than a couple bags of soil I have it delivered, less work, no dirty truck, works for me. Also this happens maybe every couple of years. So while I still have it (for my son and soon my daughter to drive) I'd not miss it one bit, I think I drove it twice since I got the Bronco in Oct.

Everyone's use is different, if you frequently lug around dirty stuff or big stuff, truck is it. If it's occasional, delivery or rental truck would be my choice.

Bronco is more fun than any other vehicle I've ever had, including little sporty things.

Oh, edit to add: I was a bit concerned about luggage space of my 4 door for 4 people, lot smaller than the Taco, but had no problem fitting 4 rolling carry on suitcases, camera bag, small guitar amp and travel guitar, food and some other stuff. No cooler, that would have been a bit more of a Tetris exercise and I'd want some kind of cargo netting to keep things from flying in a crash, but as it was, everything was loaded below the height of the rear seats. We don't use larger than carry on suitcases on any trips though. Cargo space size can be found online easily.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
If you honestly need the full bed regularly, then there is no substitute for the pickup truck.

Otherwise (and this is years ago) I got by switching from a Datsun pickup to a CJ as a utility type vehicle. In particular because the top comes off, you can haul lumber, sheets of plywood and all kinds of stuff on top, secured to the rollbar and windscreen. And one time I hauled a 300lb tree loaded into the back of the CJ using a forklift, for replanting in my yard.

I bet a Bronco can provide similar utility type use.. Although you'll have to be ok messing it up. Another good reason to stay away from tricked out 50k+ Bronco versions.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as I want a Bronco, there is no way I would get rid of my 2011 F-150 5.0 Lariat crew. The truck is fantastic. Fortunately, my situation allows for me to keep it and pick up the Bronco.

Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You will be fine. Truck rentals are cheap if to ever need one, and trailers are always another option.

I can fit most yard stuff and wood inside the Bronco without renting a truck, but I have to fold half the seat down for longer pieces.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's a lot to be said giving up your F150. There is a feeling withdrawal and losing the truck bed for random chores and material no matter how much you love your next vehicle. Goodluck and enjoy....

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a 2020 Ranger and 2021 Bronco. Bronco is very similar in size on interior to the mid size truck. The truck does give me the ability to easily haul stuff for sure.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept my F150, but I do not regret buying the Bronco at all. I need the truck for the farm and my travel trailer, but I would be happy with just the Bronco if I lived in town.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really depends on the owners situation and needs. Where I live the roads and weather are really bad. We live in the country. For my purposes the Bronco tows everything I need. It’s just as practical as my wife’s f150 in our situation. We do have a good sized utility trailer though.

Sponsored

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a Ram 1500 with a bed cover, and the list of things I can't do with the Bronco (which has the tow package and will have an aftermarket roof rack) is pretty short. I'll rent a truck from UHaul or, more likely, pay a kid with a truck if I really need to move something like a couch.

Some advantages of the truck:
  • More room around the front seats
  • More passenger room in second row
  • More cargo space, although without a cap on the back the advantage isn't as big as you'd think
  • Quieter at Interstate speeds
  • Better for long distance towing
Some disadvantages of the truck:
  • A pain to park (downtown streets, parking garages, some parking lots)
  • Takes up more garage space -- I don't have room to spare
  • Water can leak into cargo area
  • Same vehicle as every other Joe Shmoe driving down the street
  • Starts getting really long when loaded with a 4-bike rack on the back
Fuel economy is about the same. The Bronco with the 2.7L Eco will pull a pontoon boat on a trailer for the short distance I need it. In both cases I need a Yakima RocketBox for winter sports.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First post here lol but Im in the same boat. Sell my 2003 low mileage mach 1, or trade my 50k mile 2016 f150 supercrew. Im gonna trade my f150. I love my truck but i want a bronco more. The two things i need my truck for can be done with the bronco. I need to eventually get a utility and or an enclosed trailer for my sons dirt oval kart, which i current haul in the bed of my truck. Im getting a trailer anyways because hauling the kart in the bed is a big pain in the arse. Ill also need a basket to haul deer when i shoot them, but that no biggie. It will have less room in the back than my truck, but Im not riding back there lol. i have a work car 2013 focus i daily drive so my mustang and truck are both weekend warriors so no worries about gas prices.
Good choice Terry. Have you seen what those little Mach 1's in good shape are going for these days? And the Cobras are even more. I sold my '06 S197 GT 2 years ago, and missed it ever since. I've been looking for something like a Mach, or Cobra as a project to keep me out of the wife's hair. Dayum........they are a big chunk of change now.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good choice Terry. Have you seen what those little Mach 1's in good shape are going for these days? And the Cobras are even more. I sold my '06 S197 GT 2 years ago, and missed it ever since. I've been looking for something like a Mach, or Cobra as a project to keep me out of the wife's hair. Dayum........they are a big chunk of change now.
Mine has less than 17k on it. It's almost in new condition I think for It's age. I've really considered selling it since I haven't had time for it. I tried selling it for 16k 2 years ago and got lowballed so much I pulled the add. Lots of tire kickers. Not sure what they're going for now. I like it, but especially since my son started racing karts last year, it just sits a lot. It is fun to drive though. My dad has an 07 GTCS too. More room in the s197 but mines cooler lol
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco 20170604_124709
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco 20170603_121945
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco 20170603_113257
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco 20180827_123248
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco 20180827_123443

Last edited:

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the same exact consideration, except with a Jeep Gladiator, instead of the F150. I opted to hold on to the Gladiator, and still buought the Bronco. Now I find myself only driving the Bronco. In fact, I'm in love with my Bronco!

With that said, I may sell my Jeep privately, since used cars are fetching a pretty sum nowadays.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine has less than 17k on it. It's almost in new condition I think for It's age. I've really considered selling it since I haven't had time for it. I tried selling it for 16k 2 years ago and got lowballed so much I pulled the add. Lots of tire kickers. Not sure what they're going for now. I like it, but especially since my son started racing karts last year, it just sits a lot. It is fun to drive though. My dad has an 07 GTCS too. More room in the s197 but mines cooler lol
It's a beauty brother. Tell ya what, since it sits a lot I'll give 17K cash money for right now. Yeah, I know, I'm just that kind of guy. I'll help a brother out any time I can. :)
Sponsored