First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always been a truck guy. I had planned on keeping my 2006 F150 crew cab until the Bronco came out. Unfortunately in 2017 I got hit by the Triton 5.4 oil issue and it looked like the engine would eventually become a problem. A little miffed about the 5.4 issue I opened up my search to more than Ford and ended up in a 2017 4runner. Was worried about losing truck flexibility. Hasn't been a problem. I carry mulch, dirt, etc in the back or with the rear seats folded (like I will in the Bronco), have carried 2x4's with the rear window/seats down (will go safari mode in the Bronco), etc. Unless you're using it weekly for "truck" things you'll find it's not that hard to transition.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow I just looked at the price. They did go up. You're definitely in the ballpark for suređź‘Ť
Screenshot_20220310-191514_Chrome.jpg
Those gotta be wrong Terry, it's probably worth maybe 8K........:cool: Yeah, that's the lowball offers you were talking about.

Just to note, one in the condition and mileage of yours is going from 21-25K around me. And, there's very few like yours.

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went from a F-150 extended cab, 5.2 V8 to 2dr OBX and not sad at all.
Gas mpg about the same, lost some creature comforts (noise and ride) but dam the Bronco is just fun to drive.
How many times do you actually use a truck as a truck? I have the roof rack on my Bronco and have hauled lumber, carried 25 paver stones and 10 bags of mulch/potting soil in the back so far. The vehicle meets the majority of my needs but again it is just fun to drive. Great turn radius, ie easy to park, quick pickup, ie goes just fine speed wise. So overall I will say NO regrets for making the swap from F-150 to BRONC.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have th
Mine has less than 17k on it. It's almost in new condition I think for It's age. I've really considered selling it since I haven't had time for it. I tried selling it for 16k 2 years ago and got lowballed so much I pulled the add. Lots of tire kickers. Not sure what they're going for now. I like it, but especially since my son started racing karts last year, it just sits a lot. It is fun to drive though. My dad has an 07 GTCS too. More room in the s197 but mines cooler lol
20170604_124709.jpg
20170603_121945.jpg
20170603_113257.jpg
20180827_123248.jpg
20180827_123443.jpg
Do you have the original wheels? I'd be interested in discussing this car more if you're serious about selling it.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those gotta be wrong Terry, it's probably worth maybe 8K........:cool: Yeah, that's the lowball offers you were talking about.

Just to note, one in the condition and mileage of yours is going from 21-25K around me. And, there's very few like yours.
Wow thats crazy. Id definitely entertain offers
Do you have th

Do you have the original wheels? I'd be interested in discussing this car more if you're serious about selling it.
I dont have the original wheels. Sold them with the original dry rotted tires. Got most of the other stock stuff including the stock springs. Id entertain offers on it. Didnt realize the price went up on them so much and they were that desirable now. Shoot me a message and i can tell you what all it has done to it. Has some nice bolt on stuff.

Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is super practical! With the top back, it allows 100% of the sunshine into the cabin. When I reach the dirt and rocks, I can go 100% of the places I want to go. My dog likes it.
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 1.43.42 PM

It holds everything I need for camping.
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco tempImagexPAJZz

My Bronco does everything I need a vehicle to do. If you need your vehicle to do other things...get a different vehicle. 🤷‍♂️

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 GMC Jimmy, 2007 Porsche 911, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like many have mentioned, my plan if I ever get my 2 door delivered is just to have a utility trailer for larger loads. You can buy 8ft pickup beds for a few hundred bucks and you can just throw that on an 8ft utility trailer. If Advanced Fiberglass Composites ever makes 2 Door fenders, I'll order an extra pair of fenders and whip something custom up so the trailer could match.

Fallser

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Practicality was an issue for me also. Currently I have an Acadia with three rows for all the kids I drive around. (roll eyes) but usually its just me 85% of the time. So this time I got the car for me and the 15% of other peoples kids who supposedly were going to use my 3rd row can kiss my ass. I ordered an Outerbanks as it seems balanced somewhat between 4x4 and every day driver.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A F150 is a passenger vehicle with a bed...think El Camino, Ranchero or Subaru Brat. That being said, a real truck is a must for hauling, pulling, working and putting Xmas trash in on 12-25-xx. The Bronco vs truck comparison is like me struggling-- keep the Porsche or sell to generate funds to buy a bronco. I chose the Bronco. If you are going to pull do not get a Wildtrak.... suspension is too soft. 4k miles on my 2D WT. Only issues- small tank and horrible gas mileage. Been functional as I have a truck, kids are out of school (no backpacks, baseball gear family road trips)and I do a lot of outdoor activities. Capable rig and a lot of compliments on the 2d.

DaPierogiKid

Outer Banks
First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let's be honest, no one "needs" a Bronco. But man, they are so cool! I definitely didn't need a 2 door with a family plus a dog, but so far none of my teen kids or wife mind climbing in the back seat. Plus, you can always rent a truck for like $19/hr at the chain hardware stores. You can't rent cool...well, you can...but it's not as much fun. LOL!

Sponsored

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
Anything can be practical if you like it enough, look at how many people have wives.

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would miss the truck bed. I have been a truck owner since I got my first one in 05'-06'. I am also a huge proponent of the "extra vehicle". It costs more, having 3 vehicles insured and registered for 2 people, but consider it an insurance policy. 1 goes down? No big deal at all. Trick is that one of them has to be fully paid off somewhere in the mix.
(I also have a Harley, so maybe I just like throwing money away. But again, paid off)
If vehicle #3 can be awesome and fun to boot, why not? Current vehicle 3 was already a toy Wrangler, soo.. It will be Ram, Bronco, Fat Boy for me. You only live once.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m getting rid of the Tundra for the Bronco. I had the same thought about sod, mulch etc, and honestly I figured with as few times since I’ve owned my house I needed ability to do so a truck isn’t a necessity. I am 6’5” and almost 50 so a truck was a creature comfort. But I get asked to help people move, or pick up big stuff at Lowes etc because of it. I won’t miss that. While I am also on an allocation list for TRD Pro, I’m 99.99999% certain I’ll get the Bronco instead and have more fun.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I plan to keep my F150 when my Bronco arrives. Two different vehicles with two different purposes. I love my F150 which I call my Swiss army knife.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been facing a similar dilemma. This will be my next vehicle (moving on from a 4Runner) and I would really use the practicality of a truck, not to mention the large crew cab back seat for the kids. The wife is pushing that we need the truck too. But shoot, I’ve wanted a Bronco for a long time so screw practicality!
Very few people actually need hauling capability of todays full size trucks. If you do get one, otherwise the Bronco is plenty practical for family duty and a lot nicer to navigate around town.
Sponsored