First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
Sponsored

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the same thing so I split the difference and bought a Gladiator. I can take the top off and also get 2x4's from Lowes. I still have my Bronco order so I will have to see when it comes in. We may get it for my wife.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You need to find a dealer where you can drive one. I think the fun factor will take over. 2020 F150’s are very nice, but the Bronco will feel a lot more sporty and nimble to drive. Drive it for a year or two and if you don’t like it trade it in for an F150 again. Resale on these will be great for a long time.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold a 2019 Raptor before I bought my Bronco last week. I went back and forth about it before moving forward. The Raptor was the road trip vehicle in addition to much of my off road stuff. It also pulled my boat, hauled trash and firewood, etc.

I'm installing a hitch on the back of the Bronco which, with a small landscape trailer, or hitch carrier will take care of most of what I need. The only thing that leaves me dealing with is the boat a couple times a year when we pull it out of the water for maintenance. All in all, the Bronco will do about 95% of what I need, and the rest wasn't a deal killer.

On top of that, it's a damn good vehicle and a hell of a lot of fun! No regrets!

Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco 1646915555636

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A Bronco is a poor substitute for any pickup even when you add a trailer. If you have more than occasional use for an open bed but need interior room then as one above did, go Gladiator....or Ranger, Maverick, Santa Cruz, Colorado, Ridgeline

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dave

Big Bend
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks guys, its either keep the F150 or the Bronco. I don't need a new vehicle , just really like the Bronco.

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We got rid of an F-350 6.2L V8 in getting a Bronco. So, it's sometimes hard to remember we no longer have a truck bed or V8 in the family.

Having said that, Bronco === Love At First Sight, and driving it is the most fun I've had driving a car since I was 17.

Just awesomeness.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, totally impractical compared to a pick-up. It’s not even close. I gave up my truck because I wanted the Bronco and can always bum my dado’s Tundra.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Life is to short. If you want a Bronco do it. You're not gonna lose money on it.

fazer8

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been facing a similar dilemma. This will be my next vehicle (moving on from a 4Runner) and I would really use the practicality of a truck, not to mention the large crew cab back seat for the kids. The wife is pushing that we need the truck too. But shoot, I’ve wanted a Bronco for a long time so screw practicality!

Sponsored

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had a truck since I got out of college in 1992, except for the 6 months I thought I wanted a sports car and traded my truck away for one. After the 6 months I traded back into a truck and have had one since because I missed having one so much. With that being said, I am going to try it again when my Bronco comes in next month. My son will be getting my truck, so I will still have access to one and I'm sure he won't mind swapping once in while.

Agree with the others though that the Bronco is not a good substitute if you need substantial towing and access to a bed.

Last edited:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A Bronco is a poor substitute for any pickup even when you add a trailer. If you have more than occasional use for an open bed but need interior room then as one above did, go Gladiator....or Ranger, Maverick, Santa Cruz, Colorado, Ridgeline
Dead on. And its why I'll have a ranger and bronco. As a Bronco alone is not sufficient for all of my uses. Gonna look hard at ranger raptor and though its top won't come off, it might be Ford's closest vehicle for me to just have one. If not, I'll need to have both as the ride and bed in a ranger are far better and very useful. A Bronco truck would've been my perfect scenario. But for now I prefer the ride of my Tremor and its bed sometimes, and the off road ability and top removal of my bronco other times.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I moved from a Yukon Denali to '22 Badlands SAS with 7-spd. Yes, totally different vehicles but I don't have an ounce of regret. Yes, the 7 passenger space in the Denali was nice - but it was nice 2x a year. The cargo area space was nice but Bronco space is enough.

The Denali was a BIG vehicle and drove as such. The Bronco - although tall and imposing - drives much "smaller" and is far more nimble. Pared with the 7-spd and it's an absolute blast to drive. Drop the top and it doesn't get any better.

Do it!

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I encountered the same think when I bought my FJCruiser and sold my Dodge 2500. I missed my truck for at least a year afterward. Adding a good trailer helps a lot. I now have a truck while I'm waiting on the Bronco and still have the trailer. It is not the same as having a truck bed, but it fills at least 90% of the role. Being a M416, it can go any where and actually more places than I can take a truck.