pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
I used to take my brothers Silverado to Sams club and Lowes for things like you described. I have a 4 door bronco and It does the job without a problem. Im not sure how much you are carrying but the cargo area in the Bronco is pretty big plus you can let down the seats (I haven't need to do so yet). I recommend the rubber mat for the cargo area to help keep it clean.
Sponsored

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

3,500 pound towing capacity alone puts it in the same category as a motorcycle for me when it comes to trying to move my boat on flat ground. Forget about trying to pull it out at low tide. Bronco is a super cool street legal side by side for me. Do I need it? No! Do I love it? Yes?
Since a F150 with the 2.7L Ecoboost is rated to pull 9,000 lbs, I'm guessing the Bronco could yank your boat out of the water without breaking a sweat. Of course pulling it safely down the Interstate is another matter, but that's more about wheelbase length.

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
Get the bronco AND buy yourself an old square body!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A F150 is a passenger vehicle with a bed...think El Camino, Ranchero or Subaru Brat. That being said, a real truck is a must for hauling, pulling, working and putting Xmas trash in on 12-25-xxā€¦
Waitā€¦ what?

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Iā€™ll take a 2 door Bronco and a trailer any day over the F-150. I had a lightning for 25 years. It was a sb so I used a trailer most of the time. If you want a truck, get a truck. If you want a Bronco, get a Bronco. You can always pull a trailer for hauling crap. You canā€™t make a F-150 drive like a Bronco.

For those of you that canā€™t back a trailer, stick with the truck, it annoys the hell out of me waiting for people trying to back a trailer at the compost site. :cool:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since a F150 with the 2.7L Ecoboost is rated to pull 9,000 lbs, I'm guessing the Bronco could yank your boat out of the water without breaking a sweat. Of course pulling it safely down the Interstate is another matter, but that's more about wheelbase length.
I found it interesting that the 2 door and 4 door have identical towing ratings.

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After having my Bronco for a month I can say for certain that I am glad I kept my F-150 as well. The Bronco seems to be just as ā€œpracticalā€ as a motorcycle but I sure do love it.
Yup. The Bronco is a convertible SUV designed with a lot of modularity and offroad use in mind. That means it may not be as practical or functional as a pickup or a prius. We have an F150, Explorer, and Bronco. The Bronco is replacing our backup Taurus car. The Bronco is fun to drive but it's far less functional than an F150 for actual truck stuff. The storage capacity and passenger compartment is maybe 75% of what the current generation of F150 offers. It's definitely a downgrade, unless you want to use it to do bronco stuff.

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Practicality was never a consideration for me when deciding to pull the trigger and order a Bronco. I am a Home Builder with more trailers than i need and an F350 to move equipment and materials with. I have a 2002 reg cab f150 v6 5spd 4x4 to knock around the farm in. I had a '66, '67 and '76 Bronco at different times before I got married and the new Bronco has had me reminiscing a lot. My Wife always tells me that I work hard and I can have anything I want. This time I actually listened to my Wife and ordered one just because I wanted to. Now the long wait begins.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I found it interesting that the 2 door and 4 door have identical towing ratings.
Now look up the GCWRs and curb weights between the two, then consider what they tell you.

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had a truck since probably 2002 but I've always wanted a Bronco. I traded in my 2019 Raptor on the Bronco and so far it's been great. Honestly, the things I miss the most about the truck have very little to do with the truck bed and practicality of it all.

I mostly miss the cavernous center console. Having probably 8 or more cupholders was nice with the kids.

That said, the Bronco is a lot of fun to drive around town. Funny to me that it gets way more attention... at least now, compared to the Raptor. I'm sure this will change once we really start to see more on the road. Driving with the top off is the most fun driving experience ever.

If you regularly use your truck bed to haul large items, you might miss your truck but so far, I have not really had that issue. You can always rent or borrow a truck or heck, just have something delivered.

For now, the fun of the Bronco outweighs the practicality of a truck.

fishahkat

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After having my Bronco for a month I can say for certain that I am glad I kept my F-150 as well. The Bronco seems to be just as ā€œpracticalā€ as a motorcycle but I sure do love it.
As someone who gave his vehicle away to his son last June and only had a motorcycle until picking up his bronco on October 30th, I can firmly say this is an incorrect statementā€¦. Itā€™s pretty hard to pickup groceries or anything else for that matter on the bike. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had a truck in one fashion or another for the last 30yrs. 90% of the time the bed wasn't utilized but was great to have when I needed it. The Bronco will be able to haul about 50% of the items I would haul. I also have a HD StreetGlide and can make small grocery runs with it :cool: . I plan to purchase a small trailer to cover any hauling needs. It all depends on each persons needs vs wants...

Ftchmup

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 20 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Grocery getter, 2x4 getter.
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco 251FB3AB-E544-4933-A63C-0679D870566D

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just asked a well known auto enthusiast tv/YouTube personality here in Canada about whether I should wait for a bronco or possibly get something more fuel efficient in the ford lineup (they have $2000 of my money as a deposit that is non-refundable). He said to stick with the bronco as the resale value will be really good and if you want to drive it for a year and then sell it, you really wonā€™t lose money like you would with some other vehicles. So itā€™s a long waiting game for me. I have a 2-door OB 2.7 with tow and lux. šŸ˜‚. All the hand slapped items to order.
Sponsored