Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
You could actually test drive one and test is capabilities by attending BroncoOffRoade.com. I went to the vent in Austin TX but there are 3 other locations. It’s a blast but more importantly will help you make an informed decision.
Sponsored

Taylan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
Traded my Ram Rebel in on a 2021 Bronco. Pros I love my Bronco cons now I need a trailer to haul stuff for the house. Pros I can buy a trail. Cons not being able to throw stuff in the back of the Rebel and RAM boxes I miss. Pros I do love my Bronco.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll take a 2 door Bronco and a trailer any day over the F-150. I had a lightning for 25 years. It was a sb so I used a trailer most of the time. If you want a truck, get a truck. If you want a Bronco, get a Bronco. You can always pull a trailer for hauling crap. You can’t make a F-150 drive like a Bronco.

For those of you that can’t back a trailer, stick with the truck, it annoys the hell out of me waiting for people trying to back a trailer at the compost site. :cool:
Yes - I think I heard you cussing at me at the compost site, lol

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Giving up my 2021 Trail Boss for a BD (if it ever gets built) and I do have some reservations, but after a test drive I was sold, so now it's just sit and wait.

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Went from a F-150 extended cab, 5.2 V8 to 2dr OBX and not sad at all.
Gas mpg about the same, lost some creature comforts (noise and ride) but dam the Bronco is just fun to drive.
How many times do you actually use a truck as a truck? I have the roof rack on my Bronco and have hauled lumber, carried 25 paver stones and 10 bags of mulch/potting soil in the back so far. The vehicle meets the majority of my needs but again it is just fun to drive. Great turn radius, ie easy to park, quick pickup, ie goes just fine speed wise. So overall I will say NO regrets for making the swap from F-150 to BRONC.
Ok I am confused or something is wrong with my First Edition. I went from a 99 Silverado owned and driven since new to the Bronco. I had spent a summer with a friend in a 79 Bronco years ago and loved it so ordered on the first day as soon as reservations opened. Got it in Oct.

The road noise even without wind is bad. Not possible to hear the road, tires or engine when I want to. Hard to hear the radio sometimes. Maybe that's to be expected. Not a deal breaker.

But I have to use so much muscle to drag it through hairpins on the paved mountain roads and it's so heavy that braking is worrisome on steep inclines. (Not using descent control because I'd be switching it off and on constantly.) And it's a dog accelerating up any degree of slope. Whether I stomp on the gas or feather it, the lag is irritating.

So not fun to drive compared to any of 10 different pickups I've driven from 2001-2019. Hoping it will be a blast on vacations off roading and beach driving. But disappointing enough as a daily driver that I still use my Chevy often and especially for maneuvering and parking in cities. Actually toying with the idea of selling the Bronco but after wanting and waiting so long, it's hard to make that choice. Why do people mean when you say it's "fun" to drive? I didn't think I had unrealistic expectations but I don't know now.

Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You need to find a dealer where you can drive one. I think the fun factor will take over. 2020 F150’s are very nice, but the Bronco will feel a lot more sporty and nimble to drive. Drive it for a year or two and if you don’t like it trade it in for an F150 again. Resale on these will be great for a long time.
Unless the economy collapses and gas gets to $10 a gallon.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unless the economy collapses and gas gets to $10 a gallon.
At that point the Bronco vs. F-150 argument is likely going to be pretty low on your radar compared to the other problems you'll be having.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok I am confused or something is wrong with my First Edition. I went from a 99 Silverado owned and driven since new to the Bronco. I had spent a summer with a friend in a 79 Bronco years ago and loved it so ordered on the first day as soon as reservations opened. Got it in Oct.

The road noise even without wind is bad. Not possible to hear the road, tires or engine when I want to. Hard to hear the radio sometimes. Maybe that's to be expected. Not a deal breaker.

But I have to use so much muscle to drag it through hairpins on the paved mountain roads and it's so heavy that braking is worrisome on steep inclines. (Not using descent control because I'd be switching it off and on constantly.) And it's a dog accelerating up any degree of slope. Whether I stomp on the gas or feather it, the lag is irritating.

So not fun to drive compared to any of 10 different pickups I've driven from 2001-2019. Hoping it will be a blast on vacations off roading and beach driving. But disappointing enough as a daily driver that I still use my Chevy often and especially for maneuvering and parking in cities. Actually toying with the idea of selling the Bronco but after wanting and waiting so long, it's hard to make that choice. Why do people mean when you say it's "fun" to drive? I didn't think I had unrealistic expectations but I don't know now.
That doesn’t sound right at all, unless you were comparing it to a sports car or something. These things are pretty nimble and responsive. You should have your dealer check it out, and possibly test drive a different one if you can…

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My previous 2 vehicles were F150s and I couldn't be any happier with my Bronco! I spent some time off and on since the fall building a 5x7 utility trailer. Obviously not as convenient as a truck bed, but it was far from a deal breaker for me.
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco PXL_20220318_232847061
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco IMG_20220318_225525

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got 25 bags of mulch in the back with the seats folded. I wouldn’t recommend driving to far.
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco BFF36DA6-5D91-4252-B7F4-89547FB01914

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got 25 bags of mulch in the back with the seats folded. I wouldn’t recommend driving to far.
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco BFF36DA6-5D91-4252-B7F4-89547FB01914
How much does each bag weigh?