Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I set off the Pre-Collision Assist once again earlier today. I am of the opinion that it is a stupid idea that can be worse than nothing.

I was going for a gap in traffic, accelerated to get in front of the car to my left, then pulled over into the lane before I got too close to the car in front of me. But the system alerted as I approached the car in my lane. If you're not paying attention, it isn't enough advanced warning to wake you up in time to avoid the collision. And if you ARE paying attention, it's a distraction. I don't want distractions like that when I need full attention for my driving.

I doubt that I will ever get to the point where Automatic Emergency Braking kicks in, but would be curious if it can actually stop you before hitting whatever it is trying to help you avoid.

It looks like I can turn it off according to page 264 of the 2021 owner's manual. I just hope that if I turn it off, it stays off. I don't want ANY of the nanny features of the Bronco.
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine goes off for stupid reasons...like there is a turn by a left turn lane that the angle is perfect for it to go off every day I drive past it when a car is in the turn lane.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford pre collision system works great and can save you. One time in my wife’s expedition I came up on the top of an overpass going 85ish. Realized traffic was a dead stop on the other side when I got to the crest. Went to slam on the brakes and couldn’t find the pedal, it was already fully depressed. We stopped within inches of the car ahead, the camera gave us a funny view of just a license plate. There cars behind me bailed out to the shoulder. The system reacted faster than any human could.

Nok1n

Outer Banks
First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX 2Dr Sas Lux Mic Tow 2.3l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hate it as well.
But ere's my question, if i turn it off and have an accident, does the insurance company screw me for disengaging a "safety device"?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It looks like I can turn it off according to page 264 of the 2021 owner's manual. I just hope that if I turn it off, it stays off. I don't want ANY of the nanny features of the Bronco.
Wait... You can turn off the pre-collision avoidance system in your on-screen menu, but you can't turn off the double honk if you get out of the car with your key in your pocket? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had mine go off during some spirited maneuvering. It really didn't like when I floored it through a light with the car in front of me on the other side of the light stopped.

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Saved me from a serious accident in the mountains one day around a curve near the Eisenhower tunnel. I'll keep it as is.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah it saved my ass in my Ranger once and annoyed the hell out of me tons. I will keep mine on better safe and annoyed then ten feet into the rear of a camry. Especially when your insurance figures out safety features your policy was built around are disabled.

If you are determined to disable it have fun in the event of an accident regardless of who is at fault. I am willing to bet any competent lawyer could make the case that if your safety features were functioning there would have been no accident.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The pre-collision warning absolutely saved me once. I was going down a rural highway and looking at the stereo. A car way ahead of me came to a complete stop. All of a sudden I'm rapidly approaching a stopped vehicle at 50mph and an alarm starts blaring. I might have slammed into that vehicle if it weren't for the alarm.

The cross traffic alert is really nice for busy parking lots too. No matter how much I look around before backing up, there's always the chance somebody drives by from behind a parked vehicle.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine doesn’t work. Hasn’t since December. Had to wait for an appointment and now for parts. Never went off before the system told me it’s not working. Had it in 2 previous Fords. It worked well, but I was already aware of the quickly turning car in front of me. It scared my wife.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've had mine go off during some spirited maneuvering. It really didn't like when I floored it through a light with the car in front of me on the other side of the light stopped.
My wifes Subaru hates me and goes into self protection limp mode when I get in it.