Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will the OP update the first post with the new info ?
Yeah, that’s the plan—just wanted to wait a couple days to let list items trickle in.

In the meantime, though, @Cat has posted a very comprehensive list on the first page of the thread.

Reactions: JPG

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I didn't know about the paint in the door sills at the time. The color coat is so thin you can see the primer underneath. Makes the cyber orange paint look green. Also, the door alignment is awful. I have chipped paint at the bottom edges and noticed the factory used touch up paint when they fucked up installing the striker. There is NO QC at Ford anymore. You are on your own with your dealer left to clean up Ford's mess. Hope you have a great dealer. MAACO offers a better paint (the cheap one) than what Ford is spraying. I love the Bronco, but right now Ford's ship is on fire and burning at the water line.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, that’s the plan—just wanted to wait a couple days to let list items trickle in.

In the meantime, though, @Cat has posted a very comprehensive list on the first page of the thread.
Thnx. I've been updating it daily. I reckon i can post revision controlled lists, if you want?

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thnx. I've been updating it daily. I reckon i can post revision controlled lists, if you want?
Yes please

Reactions: Cat

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Prefect list. Thank you

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hood dent always in the same spot. Right hand side of the hood (passenger’s side for those who don’t know left from right), more or less centred on the passenger’s seat, approximately half way between the front edge of the hood and the bump.

The shape of the dent is round and is indented into the hood skin from the top, towards the inside. The dent is of varying depths on the affected vehicles, ranging from very shallow to appearing to have stretched the skin nearly to its tearing point.

The paintless dent repair person who worked on mine believes that it is being caused by an excessive amount of panel bond on the cross braces is pulling the skin where it shouldn’t be. She removed some of the epoxy and was able to straighten out my hood.

But who am I kidding, hood dents never go away completely and it is still visible (though far better than before). I sure hope that Ford will acknowledge this as an assembly defect, that way it can get fixed properly for everyone who has had this issue. Not to mention that it should have been caught somewhere in the QC process.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fantastic list!! I took delivery Saturday AM and wish I had this to go over the truck. I'm going to print this and go over the truck as soon as the Mrs. gets back home. One item I can sadly say is remarkably valid on this list is:

Check seat stitching and ensure seats match

During our pre-purchase test drive, I noticed the driver's seat back did not match the rest of our interior. We have a good relationship with our dealer, so we went ahead and signed the paperwork, laughed at how pathetic the error, and proceeded to enjoy driving it. I'm sure we'll have a list for the dealer to address by the time they get the replacement seat back. Hey, anyone out there with Navy Pier interior rocking a Black Vinyl seat back???

This kind of QC has me rethinking my plan to try a F-150 for the next truck. I had told our dealer I wanted to spec their next Raptor allocation.

IMG_6458.jpg
Your pics blew me away. I included your issue & pics in a letter to the Ford Executive team this morning. I hope you don't mind...i prolly should have asked first? <cheeky smile>

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hood dent always in the same spot. Right hand side of the hood (passenger’s side for those who don’t know left from right), more or less centred on the passenger’s seat, approximately half way between the front edge of the hood and the bump.

The shape of the dent is round and is indented into the hood skin from the top, towards the inside. The dent is of varying depths on the affected vehicles, ranging from very shallow to appearing to have stretched the skin nearly to its tearing point.

The paintless dent repair person who worked on mine believes that it is being caused by an excessive amount of panel bond on the cross braces is pulling the skin where it shouldn’t be. She removed some of the epoxy and was able to straighten out my hood.

But who am I kidding, hood dents never go away completely and it is still visible (though far better than before). I sure hope that Ford will acknowledge this as an assembly defect, that way it can get fixed properly for everyone who has had this issue. Not to mention that it should have been caught somewhere in the QC process.
Thnx, Paul Gagnon. I added more detail to the checklist.

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OWNER CHECKLIST for DELIVERY (OCD)
**Revision 1** 11/30/21

Ford Pass Rewards Points:
200,000 for MOD to MIC roof
11,000 User Appreciation Points
20,000 Early Reservation Holder
42,000 New Vehicle Purchase
1,100 converting before March 19th

Customer Satisfaction Funds: $1,000. Have your dealer go to the FDAD CLAIM PAGE on the Dealers Bronco Dashboard, if they dont know about it.

Bronco Swag Bag (first 100 Bronco orderer)

Extended Warranty: Floodfordesp.com. 8 yrs 100,00 miles. $1600 to Flood for 8/100,000. $200 deductible. Can use Ford Pass Points (see FAQs.)

Items to check (based on Bronco6g OP feedback):
Pulley rub/ proximity next to radiator hose
Coolant hose clamp tight
Battery terminals tight (negative loose)
MIC Hardtop rough/sharp edges, gaps, leaks, roof rattles, popping from guide pins, latches...especially seal in middle
MIC panels all match in color, not two-tone
Soft top frame rubbing, seal alignment, fitment
Test all roof latches (some missing)
Check seat stitching and ensure seats match
Check seatbelt webbing for defects
Interior and trunk lights/bulbs work
Roll all windows up at once
Check window auto-drop for excessive snag/wobble
No license plate mounting (if mounting alternate location)
Owners Manual and Tool kit in glovebox
Tailgate hinge area and fuel door has paint issues
Any TSBs/ Service Alerts? A-pillar leak TSB: 21-2403
Paint bubbles/paint defects
Missing paint in door jambs/door brackets (may need to remove doors to see hinges in jambs), tailgate, fuel door
Body panel alignment
Hood dents on pax side caused by excessive panel bond on cross bars
Whistling mirrors
Sound deadening installed (hardliner)
Check underneath for corrosion
Check for transport damage
Check for rail dust (small specs of rust that will corrode). Must be clay barred off and repainted, or try iron/rust remover
Fluids all full (oil, washer, brake)
Confirm SEVEN Quarts of oil filled, not six. It's a 7 qt pan with a 6 qt dipstick. Ref:
https:///forum/threads/bronco-team-engineering-confirms-7-0-quarts-for-2-7l-engine-oil-change-is-correct.29047/
Full tank of gas (we paid for it!)
Door bags
Strut on back window unglued from hardtop (why not drilled in??)
Check all three bolts in the fuse box for looseness
Alternator belt installed backwards (smooth side against pulley)
Transfer case wire harness rubbing against drive shaft (missing plastic clamp)
Mismatched rollbars...holes drilled on one, but not the other
@Cat and OP, Thanks for pulling this together. I have converted this into a Google sheet and sorted/categorized these items. I will be using it today when I take delivery of my FE. I hope everyone is able to take advantage of this going forward. As more items appear, please add them to the appropriate category and keep this for future forum members/bronco owners.

Maybe a Mod and make this a sticky post.
GoogleSheet Link

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great list! Thanks!

But jeez, Ford says quality is job 1 and we have huge Ford fans in here telling us how great Ford is. I've never needed a checklist when buying any other new car. Even my for my Dodge!