M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands | 1972 Ford Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Bronco family,

Here are some photos of a new product we have been working on here at AGS Off-road. Introducing the Bronco Air-gate! We are looking to get some opinions from our customers. Would anyone be interested in a product like the one pictured below or would you rather have the mount built into a modular tailgate support? The version pictured below could be available for purchase much sooner than the modular tailgate support version. Both versions are still being tested and need your help to figure out which one to focus on more. Product pictured below is a proto-type and is not built to the same quality final production parts will be.

Thank you,
AGS Off-road
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
View attachment 383271
This has my vote! What's the price point?

Doing any pre-orders?

What's the ETA to market? I am looking at options now as I just recieved my 2 door badlands a month ago and air compressor is he next mod I want to tackle.
Sponsored

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP - Great looking solution. My only concerns would be dust on the pumps and in the coupler.

So, what size tires you airing up with a single ARB compressor? How long to air a tire? Do you have it mounted, if so where.
With 37s, you won't be happy with a single cylinder compressor unless you like hanging out for 45 mins after the trail with a noisy compressor running nonstop in the background, especially if you're doing each tire individually. And that single ARB will be white hot by the time it's done.

I ran a garage test timing a single ARB filling four 35" tires simultaneously from 13 to 40psi. It took the ARB single 17 mins. On the trail, it usually takes me 25-30 mins doing one tire at a time. Here's the thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-vs-arb-single-cylinder-garage-results.43205/

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco - Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From my understanding the auxiliary switches are terminated at common locations throughout the vehicle. So maybe there is one close to the tailgate area to use for compressor?
issue with those lines is they are like 16 or 18g wire so donā€™t take high loads, you could run the switch on it for sure butI wouldnā€™t run the actual power on it

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am definitely interested, the placement is brilliant use of wasted space. Please advise when available.

Sponsored

Twhite106

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex Tesla model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hands down best option that Iā€™ve come across. Great idea thanks for continuing to innovate.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best Bronco solution of any type so far.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like mounting the compressor there for the space savings for sure, excellent design, got this on my list of options for sure!

I wonder though, the compressor could probably also be mounted on the inside of the tailgate and use the passthrough to get the air located inside the tire, obviously you lose some space this way, but you also keep the compressor cleaner if you don't mind having it in the cab.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Bronco family,

Here are some photos of a new product we have been working on here at AGS Off-road. Introducing the Bronco Air-gate! We are looking to get some opinions from our customers. Would anyone be interested in a product like the one pictured below or would you rather have the mount built into a modular tailgate support? The version pictured below could be available for purchase much sooner than the modular tailgate support version. Both versions are still being tested and need your help to figure out which one to focus on more. Product pictured below is a proto-type and is not built to the same quality final production parts will be.

Thank you,
AGS Off-road
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
View attachment 383271
Does this add weight that would require stronger hinges? Also can you have a hose on the back instead of a solid mount? If you have a tire cover it appears the solid mount would be a pain. Other then that this is a great idea. It's interesting this was not done with Jeeps, and any other rear tire carrier. I carry a Viair P400 portable. They recommand not changing the lenght of the power cord so the compressor get the proper electric power. Do you need to run larger power cords so this gets the proper power? Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah super clean install

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is perfect!

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really hope this works well in practice. Heat issues, weather/dust, maintenance, weight, etc. Add a retracting dual air-up hose to simultaneously air up/down front and rear tires and this would be the best!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[
Great out of the way location! My concern would be the dust buildup on the filters. They would be difficult to change, the spare tire and holder would need removal. How would you clean, wash, it without removing spare? That option is a great idea these would just be my concerns. The air filters are small and would fill with dirt quickly.
it only draws air when itā€™s on
The air filter on your car only draws air when itā€™s running. Not parked in a garage
Sponsored