Sponsored

Pre-owned Broncos - high inventory and high prices.. why?

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette/Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am perplexed. Using a popular website, I found 246 Broncos for sale within 200 miles from me - 170 of them are used. All of them asking way above MSRP, 10k to 20k. One posting on Craigslist in my area asking for 105k for WildTrack... insane!

Why the prices are persistently high? Shouldn't they come down due to the high inventory? If people are buying at those prices, then the inventory shouldn't be that high.
Sponsored

Arlo.Overland

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is because the dealerships are buying them high and selling them for even more of a markup. Here in SE Oklahoma a dealership bought a used one with 3000 miles that had an MSRP of $52K, for $62K, and listed it for $78k and sold it within 24 hours.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not just Broncos. Everything is over MSRP right now.

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First guess is dealerships paid over MSRP for used to have something. Owners sold in droves and now those dealers are “pot committed”.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Supply and demand. There is not a “high inventory” of Broncos, if there was, prices would be msrp……period

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First guess is dealerships paid over MSRP for used to have something. Owners sold in droves and now those dealers are “pot committed”.
Exactly. I mean I was offered 10 over to give mine up. Assume they would list for 15 over. If they have 10 in, then they will hold out as long as possible to make a profit..

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Supply and demand. There is not a “high inventory” of Broncos, if there was, prices would be msrp……period
Market adjustment doesn't happen overnight, a lot of people overpaid for Broncos trying to flip them for even more and they don't want to accept that all the trust fund children and influencers who are willing to pay $20k over already did it.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used ones aren't pulling any premium in most areas, anyone paying over sticker needs to do their homework.

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Used ones aren't pulling any premium in most areas, anyone paying over sticker needs to do their homework.
There was a used 2 door, BD, that only had the front HD bumper as an option with an MSRP of $38.5k. It sold in less than a week, and the dealer had it at $58.9k…. It was as base as you can get, 2.3, MT, 4.46 fdr…. So, yeah they are selling used at a stupid markup…

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that’s the thing, most people that have the money to pay the ADM aren’t doing their homework or have enough money they don’t care. Typically the same people that don’t wave or acknowledge you driving a Bronco as well when you see them on the road. They don’t understand they are still rare/don’t care. Just another vehicle to them. At least that’s how it is here.

An example: I was getting an oil change few weeks ago, waiting on the showroom chairs. They have a 4d wildtrak for 92 sitting there. It’s literally 0730. Dude whips in the lot in a new tremor, gets out. Puddles around for a few, and then tells somebody he wants to buy that one sitting there. They sat down and started the paperwork while I was there. I was so shocked he didn’t ask questions, didn’t care to know why it was 92k, why it had 3k miles on it as “new”, nothing. played on his phone the entire time the sales guy was working on it. Just another toy to him.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Beck and Masten North in Houston has 19 on the lot. The cheapest one is a Black Diamond 4 door w/ soft top and auto 2.3 for $62K and change. Their pictures are crap, but the only thing I can see is that it has the upgraded wheels.

I passed by on Sunday and will start checking their website to see if any of them move with the crazy ADM they have tacked on.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Demand is still there. For fun, I entered my info into vroom.com for my 2DR Base MT and they offered $44K.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paying over MSRP for a Bronco is crazy talk tbh. At that point go get you a Jeep at 10% off MSRP.