Sponsored

Prediction: I'm calling it right now, Ford will have to cancel my VIN and push me to a 22.

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just send me my Dirt Mountain Bronco now and everyone else that wants theirs. I think Ford can afford to spend a few bucks on shipping to replace the top at our dealers. I promise, I won't show anyone the flaws in my MIC top.

Ford Bronco Prediction:  I'm calling it right now, Ford will have to cancel my VIN and push me to a 22. BRONCO FORD PROFITS 2021.JPG
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in northern Oklahoma so probably not too far away.......if your get a delivered 21' MIC top I'll buy your supper! 😀

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drove an outer banks...
Maybe it didn’t have the High Pack?

I’ve been in a BL at Johnson Valley with the High Pack, no issue with the doors. Got in a Big Bend and was astonished that it was road worthy. My OB with High Pack feels like a normal car door.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Big difference between the lower trim doors and the Outer Banks.
What are the "big" differences in the doors? I thought they are all pretty much the same. What did I miss?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are the "big" differences in the doors? I thought they are all pretty much the same. Please enlighten us...
I wish I could explain the difference by parts, but I can only say what I’ve experienced. There was a thought for a while on here that the High Pack included extra sound deadening in the doors, but later it turned out to only be the engine bay (or so we thought, according to Bronco Nation). But after being in various trims, I think the doors are different with the High Pack, somehow.

The big noticeable difference is how the door wobbles when you open a lower trim door. My door doesn’t wobble when you open it.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm making the prediction right now, Ford will have to cancel several 2021 VINs and push us out to 22s.

My build: BL, MIC, 4 Door, SAS, 2.7, Lux, Leather
Reservation: Day 1, 2 hours and 7 minutes after launch, #2 allocation at my dealer (was #1 but got bumped by their priority order).

Here is the situation: I've had a VIN since May, original build date was 7/19. Pushed back 3 times and now I'm in the group of non-built MIC orders that are waiting for word in October.

Let me set the table for my prediction: They can't build my order and other orders like it until they replace all of the current and dirt mountain tops. So they've started building soft-top orders and almost anyone that could switch has. Watching these build date emails roll in, there are a lot of high optioned Broncos being scheduled. A lot of 2.7s, SAS, High/Lux,... A lot of commodities that have been constraint issues all year.

So here is how it's going to go down: When they get all of the current bad tops done they'll start building FEs again. Every single FE is a 2.7, SAS, Lux. They will run out of the commodities and WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUILD MY BRONCO IN 2021. So they're going to have to cancel my VIN and I'm going to get screwed.

Tell me I'm wrong....
Not going to tell you you’re wrong. Your dead spot on! My perdition is that Ford starts cranking out soft tops and fills dealerships lots. People will be buying the soft top till December when the 22s start rolling out. We’re in the same boat with no paddles.

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it's a feature, not a flaw. The rear half door on my Rangers are more than 60 lbs... That weight has to go somewhere. The half doors close with a satisfying thud.
what most people don't know is the sound the door makes when you close it actually designed to sound that way

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not going to tell you you’re wrong. Your dead spot on! My perdition is that Ford starts cranking out soft tops and fills dealerships lots. People will be buying the soft top till December when the 22s start rolling out. We’re in the same boat with no paddles.
Ford is not replacing ALL the mic tops that are already delivered. They'll do those on a first come first serve basis. If you present an issue they'll fix it, unless it's still usable. They can delay those. Dirt mtn is another story. About 3k rigs there. Then on to FE and the rest with vins. All total maybe 9-10k total. If v2 is a solid build and they do 600 a day that's 36k roofs... I think they can cut the production in half and still fulfill all the requirements by Thanksgiving.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is not replacing ALL the mic tops that are already delivered. They'll do those on a first come first serve basis. If you present an issue they'll fix it, unless it's still usable. They can delay those. Dirt mtn is another story. About 3k rigs there. Then on to FE and the rest with vins. All total maybe 9-10k total. If v2 is a solid build and they do 600 a day that's 36k roofs... I think they can cut the production in half and still fulfill all the requirements by Thanksgiving.
My math is based on 600 a day x 60 days

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Source for the notion that Ford is not replacing all delivered MIC tops?

I’ve got an email that says you’re wrong. And it’d be great if folks would stick to the facts.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Source for the notion that Ford is not replacing all delivered MIC tops?

I’ve got an email that says you’re wrong. And it’d be great if folks would stick to the facts.
Ford can print what the want but those out there are going to be warranty items bought and paid for. When parts are available they'll replace. Dirt mtn is money just sitting. They're gonna want to move those fast. Anyone who's done manufacturing knows how these games get played. Plus publicly ford needs to have certain optics so there shareholders don't run...

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford can print what the want but those out there are going to be warranty items bought and paid for. When parts are available they'll replace. Dirt mtn is money just sitting. They're gonna want to move those fast. Anyone who's done manufacturing knows how these games get played. Plus publicly ford needs to have certain optics so there shareholders don't run...
Too Many Here Missed This

They'll do those on a first come first serve basis.
Ford Bronco Prediction:  I'm calling it right now, Ford will have to cancel my VIN and push me to a 22. E1A1C163-F0C4-40B8-BF0D-82FE0641C56F

Link to Info Above

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, a lot of what has happened sucks. With that said, have faith. Why would Ford send all these builds only to shut it down? I got my vin last week, and I plan to have it mid October.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once again, after I read these threads.......It's all about me.
Sponsored