Sponsored

Prediction: I'm calling it right now, Ford will have to cancel my VIN and push me to a 22.

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You obviously had much less uncertainty than 95% of those who've ordered a Bronco since you have yours and I assume it is exactly what you wanted/ordered. So I guess I don't understand or sympathize with your statements about yours getting pushed back for months. Many are being pushed back year(s), whether by their own choice or Ford's.

Anyway, if you're so unhappy with it, sell it for a nice profit to someone who really wants one and move on to something else. There's a Blazer waiting on a dealer lot right now with no drama attached to it.
Yeah…I hear the Blazer doors clunk instead of clatter.
Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They have certainly struggled to produce anywhere near the numbers they had hoped for. But I imagine that they tried to keep a clock on how many reservations and how many they could build and what the cutoffs were... It will certainly be interesting to see what happens if they either get production up to speed, or continue to struggle to get Bronco's out the door.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just remember, Ford doesn't actually have to start MY22 Job#1 on 13 December like they plan.

It's perfectly legal for them to extend MY21 builds into 2022. A "model year" is allowed to span 18 months of production.

I'd expect that's a lot less government paperwork than cancelling already issued VINs.
Actually 24 months. Looked it up the other day.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just remember, Ford doesn't actually have to start MY22 Job#1 on 13 December like they plan.

It's perfectly legal for them to extend MY21 builds into 2022. A "model year" is allowed to span 18 months of production.

I'd expect that's a lot less government paperwork than cancelling already issued VINs.
Wrong. 1 year plus 364 days, can start on 02JAN of the calendar year preceding the year for which the model year is designated. Ends when the last such vehicle produced or on 31DEC of the calendar year for which the model year is named, whichever date is earlier. See 40 CFR § 85.2301-.2305

They will not be building MY2021 Broncos in CY2022.

Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lol. My last bronco was a 95 so this feels like a geo tracker :).
Geez, I hope not. I had a geo tracker many moons ago, and a small breeze would just about knock it over.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm making the prediction right now, Ford will have to cancel several 2021 VINs and push us out to 22s.

My build: BL, MIC, 4 Door, SAS, 2.7, Lux, Leather
Reservation: Day 1, 2 hours and 7 minutes after launch, #2 allocation at my dealer (was #1 but got bumped by their priority order).

Here is the situation: I've had a VIN since May, original build date was 7/19. Pushed back 3 times and now I'm in the group of non-built MIC orders that are waiting for word in October.

Let me set the table for my prediction: They can't build my order and other orders like it until they replace all of the current and dirt mountain tops. So they've started building soft-top orders and almost anyone that could switch has. Watching these build date emails roll in, there are a lot of high optioned Broncos being scheduled. A lot of 2.7s, SAS, High/Lux,... A lot of commodities that have been constraint issues all year.

So here is how it's going to go down: When they get all of the current bad tops done they'll start building FEs again. Every single FE is a 2.7, SAS, Lux. They will run out of the commodities and WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUILD MY BRONCO IN 2021. So they're going to have to cancel my VIN and I'm going to get screwed.

Tell me I'm wrong....
I'm going to jump in real quick. It really sounds like if you have a VIN its getting built for this year. They have stopped allowing anymore orders so they know what they are dealing with. If you are hell bent on getting as soon as possible then switch to a soft top. Yes, you can switch with a VIN my dealer has done it and the trucks got scheduled right away. If you are like me you are taking a bit of faith in the process. I asked dealer what the difference would be time wise if I switched to soft. When he looked the best I could get scheduled for would be sometime in the last week of September. However, if I stayed with MIC, was aligned for 2nd week of October. Now the real kicker to me is, normally, if you purchase a same year vehicle after September then you get some real nice incentives because the next model year is the one on the B&P. Doesn't look like Ford is going to do that. The other thing I have been wondering is if by chance problems persist , will they be able to build MY21 Broncos into 22 just without the updated build specs?

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm making the prediction right now, Ford will have to cancel several 2021 VINs and push us out to 22s.

My build: BL, MIC, 4 Door, SAS, 2.7, Lux, Leather
Reservation: Day 1, 2 hours and 7 minutes after launch, #2 allocation at my dealer (was #1 but got bumped by their priority order).

Here is the situation: I've had a VIN since May, original build date was 7/19. Pushed back 3 times and now I'm in the group of non-built MIC orders that are waiting for word in October.

Let me set the table for my prediction: They can't build my order and other orders like it until they replace all of the current and dirt mountain tops. So they've started building soft-top orders and almost anyone that could switch has. Watching these build date emails roll in, there are a lot of high optioned Broncos being scheduled. A lot of 2.7s, SAS, High/Lux,... A lot of commodities that have been constraint issues all year.

So here is how it's going to go down: When they get all of the current bad tops done they'll start building FEs again. Every single FE is a 2.7, SAS, Lux. They will run out of the commodities and WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUILD MY BRONCO IN 2021. So they're going to have to cancel my VIN and I'm going to get screwed.

Tell me I'm wrong....
You are absolutely right…. And I will one up you:

I don’t think their thicker plastic layer and rolled seams are going to fix their hard top problems. Not the rattles and not the wear and not the shedding headliner. They have an engineering problem. They were so stuck on fixing a “Jeep problem” (mid cabin sound bar obscuring back seat passengers view of the wild blue yonder) that they didn’t even both to ask the obvious question: does the mid body sound bar, which serves as an anchor point for Jeep’s Freedom panelled hard top, actually help prevent the roof from flexing under wind load and causing rattles, wear, and (ultimately) roof damage?

Guess we will find out in November.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are absolutely right…. And I will one up you:

I don’t think their thicker plastic layer and rolled seams are going to fix their hard top problems. Not the rattles and not the wear and not the shedding headliner. They have an engineering problem. They were so stuck on fixing a “Jeep problem” (mid cabin sound bar obscuring back seat passengers view of the wild blue yonder) that they didn’t even both to ask the obvious question: does the mid body sound bar, which serves as an anchor point for Jeep’s Freedom panelled hard top, actually help prevent the roof from flexing under wind load and causing rattles, wear, and (ultimately) roof damage?

Guess we will find out in November.
But Ford said it was just cosmetic:rolleyes:. We will surely see . I wouldn't be surprised if later models had a built in cross member support structure made from the lightweight steel the roll cage is, or aluminium. Seems strange to just let thick plastic dangle there

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wrong. 1 year plus 364 days, can start on 02JAN of the calendar year preceding the year for which the model year is designated. Ends when the last such vehicle produced or on 31DEC of the calendar year for which the model year is named, whichever date is earlier. See 40 CFR § 85.2301-.2305

They will not be building MY2021 Broncos in CY2022.
Correct and if they don't there is a penalty for each "assigned" vin.

Johare11

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Plymouth Sport Satellite
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still holding out for my 2D WT, see you in 202?

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Latest update

bronco.PNG
OP might be right. In their latest message points doc, Ford doesn’t even mention unbuilt nonFE hardtops w/ vins. Some of these were first scheduled in April. It would be a shame (and huge failure by Ford) if these weren’t built.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

uhh....... re-badged as a....... Second Edition?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same exact situation as OP. Loaded MIC lux sas, reservation two hours in, same exact placement at dealer (#2, then moved to #1), exact timing on initial build week and current build week....sitting on a future VIN

I think the most important thing here is the validity, and Fords openness, to continue to build MY21 into 2022

How confident am I on the timing that these get built and delivered in Jan? Well, i have a second kid due in Feb and need an SUV for that, and the winter (had to sell my old one a couple months ago). I stroked a big check on a new XC90 yesterday (50%+tax). It was supposed to be the Bronco's seat in the stable. So yeah, i literally just bet about $37k on over/under for Feb delivery
Sponsored

Last edited: