Sponsored

Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thought is even though it's Ford putting the miles on the vehicle, they are on the vehicle regardless and need to be disclosed. Some articles explain why every new car will have a few miles on it simply traveling through the build process and those miles are recorded. I'm making an assumption that Ford has to comply with the true mileage disclosure to their customer (dealer) as the dealer is required to do for their customer. Below another article.

Odometer Disclosure Why is an odometer disclosure required? The Truth in Mileage Act (TIMA) is a federal law that requires the seller of a motor vehicle to provide an odometer disclosure to the buyer at the time of sale or transfer of ownership. The buyer must sign in acknowledgment of the mileage disclosure given. At least one owner shown on the title must make their disclosure on the actual title. The buyer must sign acknowledging that disclosure on the same title. Other buyers must make disclosures on state issued secure forms, which are controlled and contain security features that meet federal requirements. Vehicles with “not readable” odometer readings are still subject to federal odometer requirements. Under federal law, the Motor Vehicle Division is required to refuse the transfer of ownership unless the odometer disclosure is completed. When is an odometer disclosure required? An odometer disclosure is required on all passenger vehicles, pickup trucks, trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of less than 16,000 pounds, motor homes, and motorcycles that are less than ten years old.
I think this makes sense and you probably have the better argument here. My interpretation sought to make a distinction between a vehicle "owner" and a "builder" . . . the latter being exempt from engine mileage requirements that could arguably/unfairly penalize them for just trying to deliver the expected, quality product demanded in the marketplace. I just think a cogent argument could be made along those lines, but again, I think you have come up with the best defense for the notion that truly "no one" should be changing the odometer for any reason.

Good debate, well played . . . thank you!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is not going to monkey with the odometer, that would be really bad form. I really don't mind if the Bronco has a few shakedown miles on it, at least that's a little closer to finishing the breakin period and better than just sitting. I do expect it to be under 100 miles though.