Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought the issues with the roof rack not being available on certain models / options was already determined to be related to GVWR limits? If Ford allows you to officially add it to your vehicle builds then they have to include load limits into their calcs. These vehicles are heavy and on the edge of being in a different class from the Wrangler, which would be a point of contention for some. They’d be classed along with pickup trucks.

There’s nothing incompatible about Sasquatch and a roof rack. Just order it from the dealer when you take delivery. That’s what I was told when I asked my dealer about adding the roof rack to my 4-door badlands with the 2.7L. Thought it was weird that going from 2.3L to 2.7L prevented the roof rack until I read the reasoning on this forum.
Yeah, guarantee it's GVWR, so they are doing something in order to offer squach and the roof rack from the factory. Who knows what that is.

I haven't heard anything about adding actual weight capacity to the roof rack itself. Heck, Jeep doesn't even offer a rack from the factory as far as i know.
Advertisement

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Bronco
Black Diamond
Vehicle Showcase
This is far more likely. Nobody outside of this forum cares about nonsense like “dirt mountain” “bad batch” and “lot rot”
And, I bet, most of us on this forum aren’t very concerned about it either.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 03 Mercury Marauder
Bronco
First Edition
I predict they will get the MIC Top issue figured out, but then the Railway Union will go on strike :ROFLMAO:
I would not be surprised. I do know one local OTR driver who said his employer requested about 40 auto hauler trained drivers be at the railyard on 9/27 ready to roll. He won't know which dealerships or brands of vehicles until the trailers get assigned, but he noted it was unusual his company got called since they are a 'backup to the backup' to the actual company who handles it. We will see though. I can only hope its Broncos in there somewhere.

Prestons96

Base
First Name
Preston
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus RS
Bronco
Base
I was pushed to 22 for a 2 door.. no VIN yet. Was hoping for next summer. Probably going to be later than that. Lots of dirt mountain Broncos to go through.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Bronco
Outer Banks
I expect a lot of the Dirt Mountain Broncos to be refused by the original customer and available for sale at the dealers on delivery. I already had a dealer reach out to me with one that's someone decided not to to pick up when it gets delivered.
I don't understand why a lot would refuse them. Because they were parked 4-8 weeks? There are tens of thousands of Fords (and other makes) parked all over the country waiting on chips. I mean if a day 1 wants to go to the back of the line, maybe they weren't going to get one anyway.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Bronco
Outer Banks
As a 2-door non FE order, 10-1/2 hours after reveal, I would hope by Memorial Day 2022. I can't see it coming any sooner.
I saw on a Long McArthur video yesterday that FE builds are being looked at tomorrow. Tim Bartz said if you have one, you may see it get scheduled.

BroncoRaptor

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Bronco
Outer Banks
I don't understand why a lot would refuse them. Because they were parked 4-8 weeks? There are tens of thousands of Fords (and other makes) parked all over the country waiting on chips. I mean if a day 1 wants to go to the back of the line, maybe they weren't going to get one anyway.
Just naturally, a brand new car, right off the assembly line delivered in June is much more desirable than one that sat for 90+ days, has miles on it from being driven back and forth, had things replaced, and was delivered in November/December. I think the take rate will be lower.

Kos

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Bronco
Outer Banks
I predict they will get the MIC Top issue figured out, but then the Railway Union will go on strike :ROFLMAO:

Which of the 13 Railroad Unions?

Fortunately, it's not gonna happen. The threshold for a railroad strike in the US is so high there is little chance of it ever happening and there are no current bargaining issues even close to that threshold.

Kos

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Bronco
Outer Banks
My source is this website, nearly 8 months ago. The issues first surfacing with webasto never mentioned any quality issues. Only that they wouldn't be able to make enough tops per day to keep up with the body shop and MAP
I'm not going to dig through all of that, but if I recall correctly 8 months ago the discussion around hardtop production was around product mix and the higher take rate than expected for hardtops. Everything as of late has been about quality.

A lot has changed over the last 8 months.

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't even have a VIN yet...got my hammock though...or whatever was in that bag they sent me.....
I'm with ya Jim...I reserved an hour and a half after the reservation banks went live. 4-Door Wildtrak

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Bronco
Outer Banks
Just naturally, a brand new car, right off the assembly line delivered in June is much more desirable than one that sat for 90+ days, has miles on it from being driven back and forth, had things replaced, and was delivered in November/December. I think the take rate will be lower.
I get the impression that many don't look on the window sticker to see the date the vehicle was built. It's very common to see vehicles sitting built over 6 months ago.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Bronco
Big Bend
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hopefully they get the early time stamp (day 1) hardtop orders built. I don't want to drive my little shitbox all winter.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Bronco
Outer Banks
Here's one I found at random built 2-7-20.
stick.png

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-59, 16-E350, 05-Excursion, 05-TJ Rubicon
Bronco
Badlands
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I switched from a 2 door to a 4 door soft top and got a build week of September 20th and received a VIN but today my dealer told me I got moved to October 11th at first I was like WTF but after thinking about I figure it’s because of the Mic top FIASCO And if am ok with it because a lot of you all on dirt mountain deserve yours first and good luck to you all!

tyrobronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150, 2018 Ford Fusion Energi, 2005 Ford 500
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

As a 2-door non FE order, 10-1/2 hours after reveal, I would hope by Memorial Day 2022. I can't see it coming any sooner.
You are probably right but as someone who is in the exact same boat, I'm still stupidly hoping for Mid-March...

Advertisement

Lethal Performance
Advertisement