Sponsored

Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be waiting to hear from the first forum member to get the new top and or for one of the early built dirt mountain Broncos to be released. Then hopefully well see a lot more people reporting on their dirt mountain Broncos being released.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife has said I've been handling this pretty well...she's been getting pissed off for me LOL

I've been waiting for years for a new gen Bronco, what is a couple more weeks :)

Plus it was a huge help getting my Fusion Hybrid to hold me over till the Bronco shows up.
Mine too Scott. My dearest has always been cool about my vehicles. She knew I was an old gear head going into the marriage. I don't say much about the Bronco anymore, because I didn't want to annoy her. But, like your's lately she has been asking if there's anything new on our order. I think she's getting a bit excited about it, and even OK'ed a new set of wheels/tires the other day. I'll say it, I'm quite a lucky man.(y)

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My prediction is the ones being built this week will have the new top but will sit at dirt mountain until the sitting ones are replaced and shipped
Working at a Ford factory they will build and ship and repair and ship. They won't build and sit good vehicles.

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I expect a lot of the Dirt Mountain Broncos to be refused by the original customer and available for sale at the dealers on delivery. I already had a dealer reach out to me with one that's someone decided not to to pick up when it gets delivered.
This is a dream come true for the dealerships. Hello fat markups! $$$$$

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a dream come true for the dealerships. Hello fat markups! $$$$$
If the dealer has any morals about them they will start calling their reservation holders, and offering the refused Bronco's to them by date/time stamp. But, I don't expect that to happen at many dealers. A few maybe, but not many.

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since it seems Ford has gotten ahead of the MIC top fiasco, what are your predictions on Bronco deliveries picking up?

I'm thinking that since the already delivered Broncos will be receiving their tops, and the Dirt Mountain detainee's could soon be released, Ford will be able to get ahead of production. Maybe, just maybe I'll see mine before winter sets in next year around Granger, Iowa. I hope, I hope...............
The question is...

Do I switch back to MIC top after changing to soft top with no VIN in site anyway?

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I expect a lot of the Dirt Mountain Broncos to be refused by the original customer and available for sale at the dealers on delivery. I already had a dealer reach out to me with one that's someone decided not to to pick up when it gets delivered.
Mine essentially incentivized doing so. Make no mistake, outside this forum, no one knows or cares about DM and thats some sweet ADM waiting to happen.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Given the 30-45 day shipping time to AK, I'm still thinking December for my Dirt Mountain Bronco.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They pretty much scheduled out the rest of the MY21 build year over the past couple weeks and pushed a lot of soft tops through. They will build MIC tops for recalls, dirt mountain, and FEs to clear out back logs before moving into MY22 in November. I don’t think we’re going to see many new non-FEs (if any) with MICs get build dates before November.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That said, I am curious how fast Webasto can churn the new MICs and if it’ll be fast enough to handle the backlog before MY22 kicks off. Would be a nice win for Ford if they can jump into MY22 with a fairly clean slate and much less commodity restraints.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The question is...

Do I switch back to MIC top after changing to soft top with no VIN in site anyway?

Oh noooo, another dilemma. When will it ever stop? :)

I didn't even think about that Andrew. If you're a late reservation like me (October) I say just go back to the MIC. But, if you're an early res.............good luck on that decision brother.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full Year to date builds are 21,623 Ford Bronco's.

Of those.... 6,808 have been released to the public (aka sold)

80% of the orders are hard tops.... However the majority of the 6,808 are mainly softtops.

My gut tells me they will fill the First Edition's (7000 units) delivered by the end of the year.
They might even be included in the 21,623 already built.

So having looked at these numbers (14,815 Dirt Mountain Broncos) it will take some time to get these units out the door... my guts tells they (DMB's) will be delivered by the end of the year.

Just guessing at all things considered, I believe they will build a continued average of around 6K Broncos per month plus a few thousand during the shut down in December. Around (ball park) 22k Broncos for Sept, October, November and December.

So my end of the year prediction will be around 43 thousand built for the year. Just a guess!!!!

It is still not the 85 thousand units predicted by Ford. But what the hell!!!!
all things considered.... 43 thousand (about 1/2) is still a GREAT NUMBER!!!!!!!

This is still great news (if true) that the hardtop issue has been resolved.

GOOOO FORD!!!!!!!

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were 125k orders as of May according to Ford. Let's be conservative and assume 120k of them are tied to a 2020 reservation. Seems like at least 20k (including DM) will have been produced by the end of September.

Assuming half-production in Oct-Dec and May:
Full production rate = production backlog emptied for non-MOD 2020-reserved Broncos
8k/mo. = ~end of 2022
10k/mo. = Sept. 2022
13k/mo. = July 2022
15k/mo. = Jun 2022
18k/mo. = Memorial Day
20k/mo. = April 2022

Now actual production is a lot more uneven than that from month to month, but I don't think it's crazy to think the backlog is mostly wiped out next summer if new major problems do not arise (and the chip shortage is a looming one).
Sponsored