Sponsored

Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is far more likely. Nobody outside of this forum cares about nonsense like “dirt mountain” “bad batch” and “lot rot”
And, I bet, most of us on this forum aren’t very concerned about it either.
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I predict they will get the MIC Top issue figured out, but then the Railway Union will go on strike :ROFLMAO:
I would not be surprised. I do know one local OTR driver who said his employer requested about 40 auto hauler trained drivers be at the railyard on 9/27 ready to roll. He won't know which dealerships or brands of vehicles until the trailers get assigned, but he noted it was unusual his company got called since they are a 'backup to the backup' to the actual company who handles it. We will see though. I can only hope its Broncos in there somewhere.

Prestons96

Base
First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was pushed to 22 for a 2 door.. no VIN yet. Was hoping for next summer. Probably going to be later than that. Lots of dirt mountain Broncos to go through.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I expect a lot of the Dirt Mountain Broncos to be refused by the original customer and available for sale at the dealers on delivery. I already had a dealer reach out to me with one that's someone decided not to to pick up when it gets delivered.
I don't understand why a lot would refuse them. Because they were parked 4-8 weeks? There are tens of thousands of Fords (and other makes) parked all over the country waiting on chips. I mean if a day 1 wants to go to the back of the line, maybe they weren't going to get one anyway.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a 2-door non FE order, 10-1/2 hours after reveal, I would hope by Memorial Day 2022. I can't see it coming any sooner.
I saw on a Long McArthur video yesterday that FE builds are being looked at tomorrow. Tim Bartz said if you have one, you may see it get scheduled.

Sponsored

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I don't understand why a lot would refuse them. Because they were parked 4-8 weeks? There are tens of thousands of Fords (and other makes) parked all over the country waiting on chips. I mean if a day 1 wants to go to the back of the line, maybe they weren't going to get one anyway.
Just naturally, a brand new car, right off the assembly line delivered in June is much more desirable than one that sat for 90+ days, has miles on it from being driven back and forth, had things replaced, and was delivered in November/December. I think the take rate will be lower.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I predict they will get the MIC Top issue figured out, but then the Railway Union will go on strike :ROFLMAO:

Which of the 13 Railroad Unions?

Fortunately, it's not gonna happen. The threshold for a railroad strike in the US is so high there is little chance of it ever happening and there are no current bargaining issues even close to that threshold.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My source is this website, nearly 8 months ago. The issues first surfacing with webasto never mentioned any quality issues. Only that they wouldn't be able to make enough tops per day to keep up with the body shop and MAP
I'm not going to dig through all of that, but if I recall correctly 8 months ago the discussion around hardtop production was around product mix and the higher take rate than expected for hardtops. Everything as of late has been about quality.

A lot has changed over the last 8 months.

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't even have a VIN yet...got my hammock though...or whatever was in that bag they sent me.....
I'm with ya Jim...I reserved an hour and a half after the reservation banks went live. 4-Door Wildtrak

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just naturally, a brand new car, right off the assembly line delivered in June is much more desirable than one that sat for 90+ days, has miles on it from being driven back and forth, had things replaced, and was delivered in November/December. I think the take rate will be lower.
I get the impression that many don't look on the window sticker to see the date the vehicle was built. It's very common to see vehicles sitting built over 6 months ago.

Sponsored

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully they get the early time stamp (day 1) hardtop orders built. I don't want to drive my little shitbox all winter.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's one I found at random built 2-7-20.
Ford Bronco Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out. stick

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched from a 2 door to a 4 door soft top and got a build week of September 20th and received a VIN but today my dealer told me I got moved to October 11th at first I was like WTF but after thinking about I figure it’s because of the Mic top FIASCO And if am ok with it because a lot of you all on dirt mountain deserve yours first and good luck to you all!

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a 2-door non FE order, 10-1/2 hours after reveal, I would hope by Memorial Day 2022. I can't see it coming any sooner.
You are probably right but as someone who is in the exact same boat, I'm still stupidly hoping for Mid-March...

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So wait, honest question here:

Are these Dirt Mountain Broncos being driven back & forth between MAP and the storage lot that is approx 10 miles away?

Pretty sure there is a straight-shot rail line that is likely being utilized.

I'll be less than thrilled if my Dirt Mountain shows up with upwards of 40 miles on it.

Ford Bronco Predictions since the MIC 2.0 is now ready, and going out. Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 3.18.33 PM
Sponsored