JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the concern is that the dealer acts like they are playing ball. You place your order. You go to pick up your shiny new Bronco and realize they’ve added 2k in BS dealer add ons. At that point the dealer holds all the cards and can sell your Bronco to whomever they please.

We all need to get something in writing about the final price before we commit to a dealer by 10-31.
I think you are right, get something in writing in October or change dealers. I realize it might not be a binding contract, but it will at least show you who wants to do it the right way. You hold the only card that counts. Just walk away. Its hard to admit it, but its just a car. Maybe you have to wait another 6 or 8 months, but in the end don't hate yourself.
Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's why it's nice to establish a relationship with a salesman at a dealership. My Bronco will by the 7th vehicle I've purchased from my salesman over a 17 year relationship at the same dealership. I've referred him at least 8-10 customers over the years that have resulted in sales for him.

We don't BS each other. I tell him what I want to pay, there's minimal negotiation, I get full Kelly BB for my trade. He doesn't add on any crap on the back end.

I come with financing arranged and he's always welcome to beat it. Twice he has.

Twice I've bought cars from him, never set foot in the dealership, and he's showed up to my business with the paperwork to be signed. It's hard to beat that kind of relationship.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealerships mainly take advantage of uneducated buyers.

Go in there with all your ducks in a row and you'll escape relatively unscathed.

For those that have reservations, it should be relatively easy until you get to the finance room when they try to sell you all the add-ons. Just be firm, but polite and try to study up on what they are going to try to sell you.

When I bought my F-150 they tried to sell me GAP, extended warranties, an interior protection package, a maintenance package, a paint protection package, and a few other things probably.
I will say that GAP insurance is sometimes a benefit for those who don’t put a lot of money down on a car. It protects you from taking a loss on the value of the car if you happen to get into accident in the first year or two. With that said I would call your insurance company and ask how much GAP will be from them as for me it was super cheap through my insurance company but not from the dealer. It did really save me thousands when someone decided to run a red light and hit me in my brand new car.

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the concern is that the dealer acts like they are playing ball. You place your order. You go to pick up your shiny new Bronco and realize they’ve added 2k in BS dealer add ons. At that point the dealer holds all the cards and can sell your Bronco to whomever they please.

We all need to get something in writing about the final price before we commit to a dealer by 10-31.
This is exactly why the @Granger Ford method is so appealing. They will make money (as they should) and the buyer will get a transparent, great deal.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping to get something in writing sooner than 10/31. Preferably right after the build and price tool comes out.
I was able to get my current dealer to respond they're only charging MSRP. But "they'll let me know if plans 'change' " Not sure if I want to hunt for another dealer. But I'm waiting for the B&P tool too

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
im not really expecting much of an issue on either side with the Bronco.
I know I'm not getting much of a deal since I paid to reserve and order the thing and I know they're not charging ADM. It's just going to be small stuff (dealer add-ons I don't want, etc).
Sponsored