Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As I understand it at this point, all of us that won’t be getting a 2021 will have to go back to the dealer to update our orders to a 2022. If this isn’t correct please let me know.
In preparation of getting screwed at the dealer when updating order to a 22, I want to try and find some answers. If we have a dealer signed 2021 Vehicle Order Agreement with final pricing on it, can the dealer now say it is void and rip it up since we are updating to a 22 and force us to renegotiate? Or do they have to stand by the negotiated price on the Vehicle Order Agreement since the vehicle was undelivered and we are being forced to a 22? thanks
Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would hold them to a written agreement for 22 as they did 21. I think the entire order submission is redone from scratch since it cant be carried over from 21 to 22, hence a new preview order then (hopefully) a Retail Sales Order (or equivalent) can be negotiated and signed/validated.

I'm open for correction if I got that wrong but I believe thats a realistic expectation.

Lakeman77

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We won't get hit with increases to the MSRP. As for any ADMs, not sure that is part of the rollover. But if the order is converting again I would think you could switch dealers if you want to.

OP
OP

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would hold them to a written agreement for 22 as they did 21. I think the entire order submission is redone from scratch since it cant be carried over from 21 to 22, hence a new preview order then (hopefully) a Retail Sales Order (or equivalent) can be negotiated and signed/validated.

I'm open for correction if I got that wrong but I believe thats a realistic expectation.
Thanks, my thing is that I negotiated a great price on the 21 and got it signed off on. No way I can renegotiate this price for a 22. Want the dealer to stand by order pricing

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah thats a valid point about moving dealerships and the MSRP. If your dealer wont meet you on the same terms as 21 threaten to remove your business entirely.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately it'll depend on the individual dealers, as ultimately the final price is between you and the dealer.

Ford themselves is offering price protection for everyone who ordered on or before March 19th (I think that was the date). Therefore the cost to the dealer should not change even in MSRP is higher. So as long as your dealer isn't scummy they'll pass that on to you.

But we all know some dealers are scummy... so just read the fine print. That said, I'd be willing to bet that Ford themselves is going to pressure dealers to honor the price protection.

pdonoh

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150, 2015 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer gave me an oral assurance my price won't change for 2022 when I was invited for a test drive of their demo Bronco this week. I know an oral contract is worth nothing in this case, but its a family dealership (Joe Cotton Ford, Carol Stream, IL) that promotes its fair and honest dealing. Fretting constantly about getting screwed on an ADM takes a lot of energy. I choose to believe everything will work out.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of dealers submitted the “99 order to Ford; the reservation was therefore converted. Once converted, I’ve read you can no longer switch dealers. I hope that’s not true.

As to why dealers converted 99 orders , I think it helped with their overall allocation. At least that’s what my dealer told me… maybe the real reason was to lock you in from switching come time to update the 22 order.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford guaranteed price protection for 2022 for those that got moved. I would insist

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is powerless at the end of the day against the dealer if the dealer wants to be a total ass. Price protection is nice from Ford but the dealership has to pass that along. Good ones will but others will add whatever.

I doubt the penalty for selling x % and over to those not Originally reserved is not even enforced at the end of the day. Will the dealerships playing this game even care if they are making pure profit up to 40-50% of msrp?

I am SO glad I jumped to Granger.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford guaranteed price protection for 2022 for those that got moved. I would insist
That guarantee is absolutely worthless. It guarantees that MSRP will not go up on an similar build Bronco ....but it SPECIFICALLY STATES ... final price agreement is between the dealer and customer. Emphasis added below.
So the question is always, how much integrity does your dealer have....especially after a year of starving?

What does price protection for the 2022 and 2023 model year mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for all customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. The final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That guarantee is absolutely worthless. It guarantees that MSRP will not go up on an similar build Bronco ....but it SPECIFICALLY STATES ... final price agreement is between the dealer and customer. Emphasis added below.
So the question is always, how much integrity does your dealer have....especially after a year of starving?

What does price protection for the 2022 and 2023 model year mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for all customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. The final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer.
Yeah even Mike Levine has said as much. As recent as last week. Bummer to those with crappy dealers.
Ford Bronco Preparing to get screwed 83F59708-8C26-420B-89F2-1F85F4E51E8E

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks, my thing is that I negotiated a great price on the 21 and got it signed off on. No way I can renegotiate this price for a 22. Want the dealer to stand by order pricing
Why can't you renegotiate the same price? Why are you getting weird before you even talk to them? Why do you automatically assume you're going to get screwed before you even go there? Like the famous quote from Henry Ford " if you think you can, or if you think you can't, you're right".

Assume the best and go with it. Bad attitude can be smelled a mile away, and is self fulfilling. Be positive, be nice, and expect them to do what you want. It is so easy.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have an original reservation then Ford price protects you for a 2022 or even a 2023 if you wait that long for a painted roof. MSRP for an identical 2022 of your reserved turned ordered but bumped should only change if you add packages not available this year or vice versa

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why can't you renegotiate the same price? Why are you getting weird before you even talk to them? Why do you automatically assume you're going to get screwed before you even go there? Like the famous quote from Henry Ford " if you think you can, or if you think you can't, you're right".

Assume the best and go with it. Bad attitude can be smelled a mile away, and is self fulfilling. Be positive, be nice, and expect them to do what you want. It is so easy.
He's talking about a dealership, not his local baptist church bake sale trying to get a deal on brownies....
Most dealers are always looking to make as much money as possible and with adm already rampant on bronco orders, he's not wrong for being apprehensive.... You think other dealers haven't seen the stories and thought hmmmm great idea!
Not to say there aren't honorable dealers out there, but you'd be wrong to think dealers aren't at least curious about ADM especially with a vehicle shortage.
Sponsored