Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the first hand insight.

I will say that the pictures I’ve seen of the existing picatinny rail makes it look like it was 3D printed. (Along with the rest of the trim including the USB cover in that area). I wonder if what you saw is final design or not. Fingers crossed it’s not.

Also, the pullout tailgate and tray are not in the B&P because they are have been announced as late availability, and only items that are immediately available are currently shown in the B&P.
Oh, I'm aware they are late availability. It's just that we've been seeing them since the reveal, and they're almost universally yearned for by the Bronco community. I suppose logistically (large, cumbersome, custom painted, sourced by an outside vender), I can understand the delay in the painted tops, but something like the tray and table seem like they'd be easier to manufacture and have ready to go, since they've clearly been interested in offering them all along.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, no steering wheel stalk for headlights? Kinda weird. How do you flash brights? Turing a dial seems like it would take too long.

Also, I was hoping Badlands still had a button for fog lights even if it didn’t have the lights, but looks like it doesn’t.
Ford has had the dash-mounted headlight knob forever - at least on most products since the 90s (some Euro-derived ones might be an exception). You flash the brights by pulling or pushing the left turn stalk. No different than any other car.

Mustang's is the same way.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a chance to swing by Sanderson Ford yesterday just before the rush (around 5). I was both encouraged, and slightly let down. Overall, these things look good. I have a 4-door reservation, but that OBX, to me, was hideous. The color combo (red, blue handles, brown seats, bronze dash) was atrocious in person. The wheels/tires were waaaay too small, making it look similar to a Honda Element. This wasn’t a big deal as I’m getting Sasquatch. Overall, the interiors look nice, but when comparing them to my wife's 2019 Tacoma, the quality in the plastics used in the door panels, it isn’t to the level of Toyota. That being said it wasn’t terrible, but it was something I definitely noticed across both vehicles.

The 2-door Badlands looked incredible, especially sitting next to that ugly OBX. In person , the 33s seemed great. So to know the Sasquatch will add 2 more inches is incredible. The proportions on the 2-door are perfect. The yellow accents looked great with the Black paint, perfectly complementing it. I would also say the BL grill looks amazing in person, and personally I like it better than the OBX/BB grill.

It was great to be able to sit in one, and being 6ft tall, there was plenty of clearance between my head and the roof, probably a good 3-6 inches. I did notice, and contrary to another member's post, and the inside of the roof was very flimsy (the carbon fiber-like interior). I was able to push it in a bit, without barely any pressure, and it seemed hollow between it and the exterior roof. Hopefully this is just a pre-production, not finalized version, because it seems like they could potentially rattle.

Another issue I can anticipate is the rattling of the picatinny rail. It appears to only have the hardware attachment at the center spot, which leaves the ends (the further you get away form the middle of the rail) without a mounting point to the dash, it just sort of rests there. The rails that were installed on these were some sort of plastic, or polycarbonate, and they easily lifted right up, which will cause endless rattling, especially offroad.

I don't mean to be overly pessimistic, because I still fully intend to move forward with my purchase, but I just wanted to highlight a few things that I was able to see.
Oh, and also, I can't believe Ford hasn't included both the pullout tailgate and the foldown table in the B&P. Those seem like no-brainer purchases.

17C07425-BB3E-482A-B4C5-B63C4AADF026.jpeg

03DAABFF-CEF3-4134-A56C-91FA74354E7E.jpeg

D26FB1D5-C4EE-4C6F-B210-3DC49F3F5E40.jpeg

6F7FC60C-59E6-406D-A41E-D6B0A827B475.jpeg

CC7DF76F-EF8A-4A24-B93A-2F464E1A450F.jpeg
Wow, what a difference in opinions. I thought it looked way better in person.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That engine bay looks like a challenge...

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, what a difference in opinions. I thought it looked way better in person.
Really? The OBX?
I found it hard to ignore the contrast between the Rapid Red with those bright blue accents, which were right in the middle of the brown leather, bronze dash, and black and grey interior/carpeting. It was like a color explosion. I think it would have looked infinitely better had the blue simply been black or grey. I think the bronze and brown compliment each other fine, which both look good with Rapid Red. But the blue throws everything off.

And the wheels/tires were much too small for a 4-door.

But to each their own. There's a reason these are modular, making it that eventually no two will be alike anyhow and completely customized to each owners' liking.

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just tried to go by as it said they would be there through ‘this afternoon’. It’s 1:15 pm. They are gone. ?

77wimbledon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f150, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the back seat

20201202_164357.jpg

20201202_164402.jpg

20201202_164414.jpg
Brilliant marketing Sanderson. The classic bait & switch with that awesome 66!!! I'd like to get a 2021 in white with white grill.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really? The OBX?
I found it hard to ignore the contrast between the Rapid Red with those bright blue accents, which were right in the middle of the brown leather, bronze dash, and black and grey interior/carpeting. It was like a color explosion. I think it would have looked infinitely better had the blue simply been black or grey. I think the bronze and brown compliment each other fine, which both look good with Rapid Red. But the blue throws everything off.

And the wheels/tires were much too small for a 4-door.

But to each their own. There's a reason these are modular, making it that eventually no two will be alike anyhow and completely customized to each owners' liking.
I'm getting black, so the red won't be a factor. I'm fine with everything inside. I didn't think so when looking at pics, but in person, I'm fine with it.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I'm aware they are late availability. It's just that we've been seeing them since the reveal, and they're almost universally yearned for by the Bronco community. I suppose logistically (large, cumbersome, custom painted, sourced by an outside vender), I can understand the delay in the painted tops, but something like the tray and table seem like they'd be easier to manufacture and have ready to go, since they've clearly been interested in offering them all along.
This likely has to do with the tooling to mold the tailgate. What we're likely seeing are prototype parts that are run on soft tools. Once the concept is proven and determined to be marketable then the investment in hard tooling is made. Given the fact the molding would likely be done in Asia and the supply chain and transportation (ocean freight) is jacked up due to Covid it's easy to understand why this is late availability. Hopefully it's something that can be easily added later.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tried to go by as it said they would be there through ‘this afternoon’. It’s 1:15 pm. They are gone. ?

Yeah, they got moved early for the event.

Ford probably decided we were all going to wear the things out if they left them sitting at the dealer any longer.

I just received an email stating that the Broncos have been moved early to the event at West World.
The Broncos have left the building.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford probably decided we were all going to wear the things out if they left them sitting at the dealer any longer.
Or no one would go to the show because they've already seen the Bronco's. After seeing them yesterday I now wish I didn't buy my tickets 3 weeks ago. Oh well at least I got to sit inside and get an up close look where at the show we still don't know if they'll be roped off.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or no one would go to the show because they've already seen the Bronco's. After seeing them yesterday I now wish I didn't buy my tickets 3 weeks ago. Oh well at least I got to sit inside and get an up close look where at the show we still don't know if they'll be roped off.
I bet they'll be roped off so you made the right decision

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Terrible promotions work. Don't tweet that they will be there till the afternoon and then not follow that up with them leaving early. On me for not reading ALL 19 pages of this thread before dropping everything and taking my lunch I guess.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sooooooo what’s the point of this thread again, where’s the Rigs at?
Sponsored