First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Preproduction Frankenstein mish-mash Badlands with Molded In Color (MIC) hard top and gloss grille.

2021 Bronco Badlands production line 2.jpg
IMO the smaller wheel arch flares (seen here) look better than what you get with the Sasquatch package. The later version IMO sticks out too far and just looks awkward. This version (w/33s) doesn't look over-done and is proportional looking.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
It might be a good color to find body imperfections and alignment issues. Some colors hide things and black is extremely unforgiving.
This. My black Jeep looks amazing (well as good as a Jeep can look) when it’s clean/detailed. When it’s dirty it looks like shit and any scratches etc are extremely noticeable.

If y’all don’t follow vinwiki this is an amazing story about a car salesman who sells someone a black truck. Hilarious.

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will take it if it gets me first in line! Here is my ticket! lol.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny because I like blacked-out jeeps, but not feeling black at all on the bronco
IMO, I like the lighter colors on the Bronco because the 'black/dark' accents are awesome on it. On the Jeep, it's pretty much fender flares and mirrors that are dark so blacking it out works (of course the Bronco isn't much different) along with a smaller looking front end. Also in regards to color, driving a black vehicle off-road in the woods/trails...you'll have a nicely pinstriped vehicle courtesy of mother nature when you get back.

cdawg65

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 bronco2,2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sooo,what do they do with all these "pre production" Broncos ??? And if they can build this many,why aren't they building Broncos for sale ? ? ?

Sponsored

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not the first Badlands I've seen with out the modular front bumper. I was under the impression the High and Lux packages automatically give you front forward sensing in the bumper, more than likely negating the modular bumper. Yes I know preproduction. But I've been noticing a trend.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the first Badlands I've seen with out the modular front bumper. I was under the impression the High and Lux packages automatically give you front forward sensing in the bumper, more then likely negating the modular bumper.
The modular bumper can have sensors

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The modular bumper can have sensors
Modular bumpers don't get sensors or fog lights as discussed in a previous thread where the outside of the bumpers can be removed for more clarence.

High Package
Mid Package content, plus: 12" center stack touchscreen; 360-Degree Camera; additional sound deadening materials; Forward Sensing System; and sideview mirror LED approach lamps and spotlight

Below are the 3 different bumpers out there. The outer banks and Wiltrak share the same bumper. The Badlands has had the modular and the forward sensor version on many a test mule.

Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne ford-bronco-sasquatch-comparison-front-

Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne ford-bronco-sasquatch-comparison-3-

Last edited:

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Modular bumpers don't get sensors or fog lights as discussed in a previous thread where the outside of the bumpers can be removed for more clarence.
Most of the pictures of the modular bumper do not show sensors but I have seen one with it ... didn't think much of it at the time though ... so not sure if I can find it again.

GK6G

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '16 Merc Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

High Package
Mid Package content, plus: 12" center stack touchscreen; 360-Degree Camera; additional sound deadening materials; Forward Sensing System; and sideview mirror LED approach lamps and spotlight

Below are the 3 different bumpers out there. The outer banks and Wiltrak share the same bumper. The Badlands has had the modular and the forward sensor version on many a test mule.

Ford Bronco Preproduction Frankenstein Bronco that just came off the line at Wayne ford-bronco-sasquatch-comparison-3-

Not sure what it said in the other thread, but the Badlands appears to support the front parking sensors in the non-removable upper portion of the bumper.

I’m pretty sure you are right about the fog lights being an aftermarket type of thing (no oem) with the modular bumper.

C826511D-5474-4F6C-B4DD-74B5B89DCBDE.jpeg
Sponsored