Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it. But $999, or $899, is a bit steep for what it is. If it was $499, they'd have my order now.
Right? I told my wife about it and I groaned it was 900 + tax + shipping and she called me cheap. She said, "You're spending 60k + on a bronco, what's another 1000 in the grand scheme of things?"

Still - I think it's too much for what it is. Maybe if it was made out of billet aluminum, but it looks like not so expensive metal. My bet is it costs less than 100 bucks to make maybe less than 50. Agreed 400 and I'll buy it. In the meantime, I may make one.
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn that head line post had me going! Yes us 2door people are a captive audience for this. Last time I contacted topliftpros they said the 2 door lift was coming out before the end of the year. I look for a post about it daily because I want it like right now. The hard top is unwieldy and a ceiling winch is not feasible. I am surprised by how slow the development is for such a device. Lange industries have a host a cart for a jeep and top lift has a cart type lift for the gladiator. How their engineers haven’t modified one of these designs for the 2 door bronco and gotten it to market is beyond me. I hate my hard top sooo much and want it off as much as possible but I need a one person option and a way to store it not on a ceiling. Hurry up damnit!
The problem with the 2 door is our rear section is larger, heavier, and we have a cross bar in the way.
The 4 doors lifts go up and then straight back. Our's can't go straight back because of that cross bar, so it's not a simple design.

VelocityGator

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah. Totally get that. That is why you lift it from the outside like a crane instead of going underneath on the inside. Use those flat hooks like the garage hoists at the attachment points in the roof (little cut outs on the sides near the top) and lift up. I’m sure the designers can find the fulcrum point to make a rolling lift work and not tip over.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll prob get one when the weather warms back up. Hoists are a PITA to mess with. I want the top on and off fast and with as little hassle as possible. It raises up high enough that the nose can pull under it in a garage so you don't waste the parking space. Figure it can be wheeled around easy enough to get it out of the way if need be. Would definitely be nice if it were $500 or even $600 tho.

hoist are easy and cheap... takes me less than 2 minutes. Here is the build sheet and video proof of the simplicity:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ley-150-for-manual-or-200-for-electric.51708/

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im glad that works for you but that is in no way easier or faster than the floor lift lol

true, but it saves you a $$$$ of money and you can store the top hanging in air and out of way. That floor lift basically needs a 1/2 garage to store it... but it is bada$$

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
true, but it saves you a $$$$ of money and you can store the top hanging in air and out of way. That floor lift basically needs a 1/2 garage to store it... but it is bada$$
For sure the advantage of a hoist is space and cost, no doubt! I have a standard 2 car garage so probably just big enough for the floor jack to not be too annoying but I can see if you had a smaller garage how the hoist might be the better option. I plan on keeping jack in back of garage against wall... just back into garage if you want to lift/lower top and pull in forward-facing to park so hood fits under the lift. Shouldn't really ever have to move it and the other 1/2 of garage is still available for wife's car.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy crap!…$900 for that! Sure, it’s cool but that is so overpriced.
Pay that much for a small, stand alone, manual lift?… The Chance brothers are back in town: Fat Chance, Slim Chance, and No Chance.

Sponsored

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have one and love it! Not having to ask a friend or neighbor and it stores the top off the ground and out of the way. A bit pricey as many have said, but it's easy and simple to use without any worry about damaging or dropping the top. Assembly was a project, but not painful but really smart innovation and only wish I thought of the design first!

Screenshot 2022-10-26 100103.jpg

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one and love it! Not having to ask a friend or neighbor and it stores the top off the ground and out of the way. A bit pricey as many have said, but it's easy and simple to use without any worry about damaging or dropping the top. Assembly was a project, but not painful but really smart innovation and only wish I thought of the design first!

Ford Bronco Pretty Awesome  - Topliftpros Hardtop Removal Screenshot 2022-10-26 100103
My wife is too short to help effectively and a ceiling hoist would be directly in front of my workbench, so I went with this as well and am satisfied with the purchase. Makes it super easy to put on/take off solo. I do need to get some shelving set up to maximize the space it takes up in the garage. Want to get a shelf to store the other hardtop panels underneath the hard top when it's off. I know some folks are putting the middle panel on top, but I'm not there yet.

I totally get the aversion to the cost here, but this solved a problem for me so it was the right choice.

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My wife is too short to help effectively and a ceiling hoist would be directly in front of my workbench, so I went with this as well and am satisfied with the purchase. Makes it super easy to put on/take off solo. I do need to get some shelving set up to maximize the space it takes up in the garage. Want to get a shelf to store the other hardtop panels underneath the hard top when it's off. I know some folks are putting the middle panel on top, but I'm not there yet.

I totally get the aversion to the cost here, but this solved a problem for me so it was the right choice.
Stored it all summer with zero issues or damage. Wheeled it around the garage a bunch too while I worked in the area with confidence and without issue. I believe they have options for those with lifts, but Sas badlands I was able to go with the normal unit and love it. The one learn is if you have a slipstream or the ford security cover the top will need to be removed from those security covers in order for the unit to get into the trunk and push up. The Slipstream is way easier to incorporate with the Toplift.
Sponsored