Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing the picture yesterday of the Bronco sitting next to a Raptor and really noticing the size difference in the two got me thinking about whether these two vehicles will be "cross-shopped."

I didn't realize how close in price the higher-end bronco models will be getting to the base Raptors. Looking on autotrader, I definitely see some brand-new supercab and even a few supercrew Raptors under 60K. For some reason, I thought they were much more expensive.

The First Edition Broncos will be above $60K and I expect other well equipped Broncos to be $55K+. I would also expect to be able to work a much better deal under MSRP for a Raptor.

Still loving the Bronco, but this is just something I will keep in mind when loading one up and pushing the pricing limits.
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seeing the picture yesterday of the Bronco sitting next to a Raptor and really noticing the size difference in the two got me thinking about whether these two vehicles will be "cross-shopped."

I didn't realize how close in price the higher-end bronco models will be getting to the base Raptors. Looking on autotrader, I definitely see some brand-new supercab and even a few supercrew Raptors under 60K. For some reason, I thought they were much more expensive.

The First Edition Broncos will be above $60K and I expect other well equipped Broncos to be $55K+. I would also expect to be able to work a much better deal under MSRP for a Raptor.

Still loving the Bronco, but this is just something I will keep in mind when loading one up and pushing the pricing limits.
A new 2020 Ford Raptor Supercab, at $53,455.00 plus $1,695.00 destination and delivery, it might be a viable option. Dealers are discounting $1,500.00 off MSRP if you shop around. Will haul your RTT and all the camping gear you can imagine. Love Ford products!

Ford Bronco Price Close to Raptor? raptor2

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Current gen, definitely. Next gen with the bigger engines to match Dodge I seriously doubt will be in the same price category

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
adding any interior to a raptor adds 10k instantly.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Next gen raptor will have 2 engine choices. The v8 supercharged will be in the 90k range when optioned out. but ford knows the v8 supercharged are for enthusiast and thus sales will be low.

here’s a little secret. Dodge is releasing a smaller engine for the TRX once all the enthusiast gets their hell cat on.

Current gen, definitely. Next gen with the bigger engines to match Dodge I seriously doubt will be in the same price category

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no. You are taking about the lux package. There are only 2 interiors .., based and recaro. Base interior is what most guys have but it is a super nice base interior.

adding any interior to a raptor adds 10k instantly.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no. You are taking about the lux package. There are only 2 interiors .., based and recaro. Base interior is what most guys have but it is a super nice base interior.
They put the heated steering wheel as a seemingly stand alone option but if you try to add it, it requires 10k worth of option with it.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, the Bronco is better on tight off road trails than the F150 Raptor.
No kiddin... There are several trails around here that I avoid because of my Raptor’s size. Fortunately I also have a Wrangler Sport that can do most of those trails.

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we are getting a raptor version of the Bronco since they wont give us the Ranger Raptor since it would take sales from the big Raptor.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This type of comparison is why I don't already have a Jeep Gladiator. With Bronco and Gladiator you are paying a premium for a "lifestyle vehicle." Essentially, you're paying a premium to be able to remove the doors and top.

If you look past that, and compare what you can buy in a full size truck for the same money it's kind of crazy.

Base Raptor is just one comparison. You could also buy a Ram 1500 limited with a rediculous interior and much more powerful V8 engine.

Similar to the vast majority of people on this board, I will not be doing a ton of rock crawling or small jeep trails, so at the end of the day I need to rationalize why Bronco is worth it. I will test drive both a Raptor and a loaded Ram. I may fall in love with one.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you priced used raptors? They don't lose their value, I am seeing 1st year small v8 raptors for $27k with 187k miles. What will the raptor version of the bronco do to the non raptor versions?

Logically for me a Rav4 Hybrid Awd will do 98% of what I need it to do and be fully loaded and cheaper than the Bronco's I was looking at, it will also get 40mpg.

I would like a raptor and was all hyped for the bronco till I ran the numbers and then looked at Raptor values. Plus they are already going to have a Raptor version of the bronco. Why get a standard bronco when in a year they will have announced the Raptor version?

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you priced used raptors? They don't lose their value, I am seeing 1st year small v8 raptors for $27k with 187k miles. What will the raptor version of the bronco do to the non raptor versions?

Logically for me a Rav4 Hybrid Awd will do 98% of what I need it to do and be fully loaded and cheaper than the Bronco's I was looking at, it will also get 40mpg.

I would like a raptor and was all hyped for the bronco till I ran the numbers and then looked at Raptor values. Plus they are already going to have a Raptor version of the bronco. Why get a standard bronco when in a year they will have announced the Raptor version?
$$$$$

Ford Bronco Price Close to Raptor? 1600619445565

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
and what is your point? Your post is about the interior. You can get the base interior without any options.

They put the heated steering wheel as a seemingly stand alone option but if you try to add it, it requires 10k worth of option with it.
Sponsored