Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the analysis, but I still think people are getting too worked up when pricing and options aren’t finalized. I love to do all the speculating and dreaming as well, just remember this is preliminary info and subject to change.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like charts... but IMO the chart is a bit misleading if you are trying to gauge total value. If you are purely looking at price difference to go from 2-door to 4-door, a chart isn't really necessary.
@Torgsurv, outstanding chart, thank you.

@ColoradoGuy, everyone visualizes data differently, some raw numbers, some spreadsheets and some charts, its all good.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does this take into account the difference in tops included with the 2 & 4 door trims?
i think most of the 2 dr. get the hardtop, and most of the 4 dr get the soft top except the FE (which may or may not get both)

Mrknowitall

Base
First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R 6spd, '10 Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
they really don't want to sell base 4dr,and hammer you on the fe
The bigger price difference between the Base 2 and 4-doors is from the auto trans being required on the 4-door base.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is a great visual, and now has me wondering what the margin analysis would show in relation to the MSRP curve at a corporate level. I would think it would be somewhere near the 15% mark for base and top out at 25-28% for the FE units. The dealership PNL will be more difficult due the hold back amounts not being published or the performance tiers being published that I have seen. Plan pricing would also be interesting. Do we have any of those data points located in other posts?
Some of it, in my spreadsheet I have the the X-Plan, MSRP vs Invoice difference and the Holdback calculated, all by trim. From the information I've gathered the Holdback base is 2% with the performance tiers increasing it by .9%. I've rounded that off at 3% in my spreadsheet. Corporate profit is unknown but your numbers are a good starting point.

2021 Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Invoice and Below Invoice)

Mrknowitall

Base
First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R 6spd, '10 Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
The price difference between a "base" 2020 Jeep.

4-DR: $31,795
2-DR: $28,295
DIFF: $3,500

That's BEFORE a single feature, including what comes standard on the base Bronco like OTA CarPlay, hard top, etc. For Automatic 8-Speed on a Jeep add $2,750.

I know B&P isn't out yet, but Bronco pricing is comparable.

EDIT: Apparently A/C, power windows and locks are optional too.
On a 2-door JL, by the time it has everything the base Bronco comes with, you're at $35k. That'll have aluminum wheel, but nothing comes easier.

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The question is, what exactly are we sacrificing for that bargain basement price on the two door base? I don't think it'll be anything we can't correct with the aftermarket though.
Selecting Base Sasquatch over Big Bend Sasquatch, you're giving up fog lamps, tinted windows, and leather-wrapped steering wheel...for $4,800. There is also another G.O.A.T. mode for the Big Bend, but zzzzzzzzz.......
Your not really sacrificing much, I think it is Ford the is doing the sacrificing. I think the 2 door base price exists simply to grab headlines and say look the new Bronco starts under 29 just like Wrangler
Pretty much this.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Mrknowitall

Base
First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R 6spd, '10 Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your not really sacrificing much, I think it is Ford the is doing the sacrificing. I think the 2 door base price exists simply to grab headlines and say look the new Bronco starts under 29 just like Wrangler
The Base has power windows, hard top, keyless entry, AC, LED headlights, and an 8" radio with (wireless IIRC) carplay.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Math might not be a SCIENCE, but you can't spell STEM without MATH...;)

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The question is, what exactly are we sacrificing for that bargain basement price on the two door base? I don't think it'll be anything we can't correct with the aftermarket though.
I thinks its really a pretty good value, however, the crap steering wheel will make you wish every second that you spent a little more money. If you could get a quality cover for that, you might be ok. Seems like it would be more cost effective to get all of one kind of steering wheel, but I really think car companies know that that’s a way to squeeze a little extra money from you.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Base has power windows, hard top, keyless entry, AC, LED headlights, and an 8" radio with (wireless IIRC) carplay.
It's a fantastic value for the consumer there is no doubt about that. Blows the base wrangler away. I am simply saying on the business side, you see the price difference in 2 door vs 4 door for all the other models is no where near the jump it is for the base bronco. Which leads me to believe it is priced the way it is to to grab headlines/show low starting price.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thinks its really a pretty good value, however, the crap steering wheel will make you wish every second that you spent a little more money. If you could get a quality cover for that, you might be ok. Seems like it would be more cost effective to get all of one kind of steering wheel, but I really think car companies know that that’s a way to squeeze a little extra money from you.
Agreed the crappy steering wheel won’t be great, but I’d rather save $4,800 than have leather on the steering wheel.

However I do think that the leather steering wheel and shifter will push the majority of non-enthusiast buyers up to BB at a minimum.
Sponsored