Ledbetter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like most of you, I placed an online reservation with the Ford website along with the $100 deposit back in 2020. I was assigned to Napleton Ford in Libertyville, Illinois. I had been in contact with their sales manager since the beginning of the process. The first placed order was in early 2021 when the order banks opened, and I was provided a preview order of the Bronco with an itemized listing of the costs. NO ADM WAS LISTED. Napleton Ford requested an additional $900 deposit as part of this order, which was immediately paid. Since the vehicle was not chosen to be built for MY21, another identical (or nearly identical) order was submitted for a MY22 Bronco in October. Again, as part of the preview order I received from Napleton Ford, NO ADM was listed. After multiple attempts to get a copy of a formal purchase agreement, I finally received one with an added ADM of $5,000. Perhaps not coincidentally, shortly after I received a notification from Ford that my vehicle was scheduled to be built in January. After speaking to the sales manager as recently as yesterday in person, I was told that since this Bronco could be sold by them for as much as $20,000 over MSRP that because of that their $5,000 ADM was fair and they would not remove it. For many reasons, I did not accept.

This kind of business practice is not only deceptive, but leads me to the conclusion that they wanted me to refuse their surprise ADM so that they could simply sell the Bronco to the general public at a massive markup. Buying a car should be fun, particularly a car that we've waited for as long as we all have. It's amazing to me that @Ford Motor Company allows these dealerships to continue with their deceptive business practices that take the fun out of buying a car and push us to other automakers.
Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like most of you, I placed an online reservation with the Ford website along with the $100 deposit back in 2020. I was assigned to Napleton Ford in Libertyville, Illinois. I had been in contact with their sales manager since the beginning of the process. The first placed order was in early 2021 when the order banks opened, and I was provided a preview order of the Bronco with an itemized listing of the costs. NO ADM WAS LISTED. Napleton Ford requested an additional $900 deposit as part of this order, which was immediately paid. Since the vehicle was not chosen to be built for MY21, another identical (or nearly identical) order was submitted for a MY22 Bronco in October. Again, as part of the preview order I received from Napleton Ford, NO ADM was listed. After multiple attempts to get a copy of a formal purchase agreement, I finally received one with an added ADM of $5,000. Perhaps not coincidentally, shortly after I received a notification from Ford that my vehicle was scheduled to be built in January. After speaking to the sales manager as recently as yesterday in person, I was told that since this Bronco could be sold by them for as much as $20,000 over MSRP that because of that their $5,000 ADM was fair and they would not remove it. For many reasons, I did not accept.

This kind of business practice is not only deceptive, but leads me to the conclusion that they wanted me to refuse their surprise ADM so that they could simply sell the Bronco to the general public at a massive markup. Buying a car should be fun, particularly a car that we've waited for as long as we all have. It's amazing to me that @Ford Motor Company allows these dealerships to continue with their deceptive business practices that take the fun out of buying a car and push us to other automakers.
Add them to the list!

🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sorry to hear about that. I hate seeing this happen for reservation holders. I'll be leaving a review. I will also note that to never use them myself. I used Wickstrom in Barrington and they are honest with great customer service. I didn't sign a purchase agreement but just finished the financing paperwork and no surprises (although purchase isn't official yet since the bronco hasn't been shipped yet. But not worried).

https://goo.gl/maps/bnATYTjuakqMPRTT6

EStepCG2022

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What a joke some of these dealers are. They never would have had that car if it weren't for you. Absolutely will not be using them ever in the future. So sorry to hear about that terrible experience. This shouldn't be a dealer to dealer policy. Ford really should be saying if a vehicle is custom ordered and waited for by a specific person, MSRP should be the mandatory pricing. Very irritating.

Sponsored

EStepCG2022

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to hear about that. I hate seeing this happen for reservation holders. I'll be leaving a review. I will also note that to never use them myself. I used Wickstrom in Barrington and they are honest with great customer service. I didn't sign a purchase agreement but just finished the financing paperwork and no surprises (although purchase isn't official yet since the bronco hasn't been shipped yet. But not worried).

https://goo.gl/maps/bnATYTjuakqMPRTT6
I also ordered through Wickstrom as did a buddy of mine with no purchase agreement, but they assured they aren't one of those dealers....I hate putting my trust in a dealer but here I am...

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also ordered through Wickstrom as did a buddy of mine with no purchase agreement, but they assured they aren't one of those dealers....I hate putting my trust in a dealer but here I am...
Im through Arlington Heights Ford, and they told me MSRP. But I have my trust in them also. They have been great to me in the past.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

That's absolutely CRAZY, tacking on 5 grand!! And my wife thought I was a little nuts for spending 300 bucks to fly to Granger Ford (Iowa) for my Bronco for $1300 under invoice... absolutely no hassle/pressure....so I could avoid these types of shenanigans!!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Good luck!!

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are going on the list for sure.

Also, you aren't the only one they've done this to.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This doesn't surprise me at all. I couldn't find a single Ford dealer in the area that would even talk about price. I got so many lies from these folks and the nearby dealerships in NE Illinois and SE Wisconsin. I ended up switching to Granger because I felt they were going to do this. Sorry this is happening.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ledbetter I bought from Napleton as well back in October. I actually agreed with the sales managers Chris P to have them honor X-plan pricing. He gave me a print out and said the price is set in stone +/- a few hundred for some rebate/tax malarkey. I was so excited when I showed up to pick it up. They said the same, $5k over MSRP, not x-plan and that was a deal and they were being nice to the people with reservations. I outright asked if they were "F***ing me" they just responded with some more BS. I walked.

Called back the next day and asked how long before they offer to the public so I could contact legal counsel. Told me it was already being offered for a much higher mark-up. They ended up coming back and saying ok we'll only do $2.5k over MSRP. I ate that shit sandwich telling myself if I didn't like it enough for the $5k+ extra I just paid over my expected price, then I would sell to a true fan for what I paid.

I'm in love with the Bronco and couldn't give it up for a $20k profit. But yea, fuck those guys.

Dave Melamed there has been ok to deal with afterword, Chris P total scumball
Sponsored