Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roger that. It sucks that the dealer is adding ADM...but not surprising. I truly hope they change their mind and work something out with you.

This is yet another story of why we all need to have a signed purchase agreement BEFORE taking delivery. The way I look at it is that we all have to have an agreement on price sooner or later, why not before you get your Bronco? I certainly don't want the stress of ADM when picking mine up.

Wishing you the best!
OP says he had one. I am kind of tired of people blaming customers for outrageous behavior of dealerships.
Sponsored

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To anyone doubting OPs situation, I highly recommend you go take a look at the past two years worth of other buyers' reviews. INSANE.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, i mean, it doesn't necessarily help the O.P. here, but it seems like a ton of us have a price/order sheet that ONLY we signed....no dealer signature, and at best MAYBE some emails...now, as a lawyer, I think that's enough to form a binding contract (the signed price sheet and an email or two confirming MSRP), but, again, this is the very reason I went yesterday and had my price sheet signed. Now there's no doubt it's a binding agreement, and i'm protected on that. I'd suggest that anyone in this situation get ahead of this and do it now, so you don't walk in the day your Bronco arrives at the dealer, (after weeks of checking the production tracker, and following it from the rail yard, and staying up all night thinking of driving that sweet Bronco), only to be hit with ADM at the dealer.

Just do it now and then at least you can have some time to try to work out a solution before the Bronco arrives if the dealer WON'T sign it.
Yeah didn't sleep much just feeling cheated.

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
sadiki2527
Play the game sadiki.........
Call an attorney. Find one that may have been used previously and has experienced dealings with Westway. Find one that has a bug up his or her ass regarding Westway.

Sometimes it's only a phone call or two and the matter goes away.

Don't just walk away.

They deserve a kick in the nuts just for trying to pull that stunt.

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may get shot at. But isn’t that blackmail? There could be legal repercussions for that.
I think he meant that as a hypothetical....
Yea, i mean, it doesn't necessarily help the O.P. here, but it seems like a ton of us have a price/order sheet that ONLY we signed....no dealer signature, and at best MAYBE some emails...now, as a lawyer, I think that's enough to form a binding contract (the signed price sheet and an email or two confirming MSRP), but, again, this is the very reason I went yesterday and had my price sheet signed. Now there's no doubt it's a binding agreement, and i'm protected on that. I'd suggest that anyone in this situation get ahead of this and do it now, so you don't walk in the day your Bronco arrives at the dealer, (after weeks of checking the production tracker, and following it from the rail yard, and staying up all night thinking of driving that sweet Bronco), only to be hit with ADM at the dealer.

Just do it now and then at least you can have some time to try to work out a solution before the Bronco arrives if the dealer WON'T sign it.
Agreed (lawyer here too). I had my dealer sign the order sheet and I have texts from the sales manager saying they specifically wont charge ADM (even said he moved to this dealer to not work at other shady dealers for what its worth). If they didn't confirm such, I was switching. As an agent for the dealership, this is about as good as I can get in my opinion. I have a paper with my order and price signed by me and the dealer and various communications (emails and texts), together they lay out (in my opinion) that an agreement on the price is understood by both parties.

Then again, I wont really relax until mine is in the driveway.

Sponsored

thestanz

Black Diamond
First Name
stanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They have a lot of reviews so it will take ~40 1 star reviews to move them down 0.1 with rounding, then it is 70 1 star votes per 0.1 pt. after that.

We have 50+ 1 star reviews so I assume they started at 4.3 and we moved them down 0.1 so far . Keep it up fans!

Hunt

Base
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Review left on Google. Good luck my friend.đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base

Same situation here, only had my price/order sheet signed by me. The dealer multiple times it be MSRP, but never gave me anything in writing. I finally pressed them a month ago for something in writing after getting my salesperson to once again verbally say it was MSRP. He said new orders were $2,500 ADM but mine was original and MSRP.

Well when it came time to get an actual signed document they tried to backtrack on what was said just minutes before and tried to tell me the manager said the $2,500 ADM applied to mine too. It took little more than a "are you seriously telling me this crap after all this time" to get past that attempt to get $2,500 ADM from me, but in the signed pricing sheet they did tack on $900 of worthless foist it upon the suckers add-ons that I NEVER take. These were "etched windows" which aren't really etched anymore, window tinting, and some body corrosion protection plan which I think is no more than insurance, no actual coating.

I accepted these items as I do recall at the time of original order placement the salesperson did tell me price would be something on that order more than the build sheet said so that was consistent. He says it is policy at this dealer for all vehicles they sell to have those fluff high profit (my word) dealer add-ons.

I did point out the window tint that they do is illegeal in my state and that I do not, and cannot have it done on my vehicle. He said if that is the case that would come off. We will see. My big concern is that they will tint the windows before I can stop them and then force me to take them.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

sadiki2527
Play the game sadiki.........
Call an attorney. Find one that may have been used previously and has experienced dealings with Westway. Find one that has a bug up his or her ass regarding Westway.

Sometimes it's only a phone call or two and the matter goes away.

Don't just walk away.

They deserve a kick in the nuts just for trying to pull that stunt.
They don't even need an attorney, just a well written demand letter with threat.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same situation here, only had my price/order sheet signed by me. The dealer multiple times it be MSRP, but never gave me anything in writing. I finally pressed them a month ago for something in writing after getting my salesperson to once again verbally say it was MSRP. He said new orders were $2,500 ADM but mine was original and MSRP.

Well when it came time to get an actual signed document they tried to backtrack on what was said just minutes before and tried to tell me the manager said the $2,500 ADM applied to mine too. It took little more than a "are you seriously telling me this crap after all this time" to get past that attempt to get $2,500 ADM from me, but in the signed pricing sheet they did tack on $900 of worthless foist it upon the suckers add-ons that I NEVER take. These were "etched windows" which aren't really etched anymore, window tinting, and some body corrosion protection plan which I think is no more than insurance, no actual coating.

I accepted these items as I do recall at the time of original order placement the salesperson did tell me price would be something on that order more than the build sheet said so that was consistent. He says it is policy at this dealer for all vehicles they sell to have those fluff high profit (my word) dealer add-ons.

I did point out the window tint that they do is illegeal in my state and that I do not, and cannot have it done on my vehicle. He said if that is the case that would come off. We will see. My big concern is that they will tint the windows before I can stop them and then force me to take them.

This window tinting thing seems to be a new thing? I had no idea dealers did this. Is it at least the new type of tinting (like ceramic or whatever they do nowadays, not an actual film like the old days?)

This is all going to make me email my dealer as a follow-up to yesterday, to specifically tell them I do not want any of the following:

tinting
license plate brackets
stickers
undercoating
etc
etc.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They don't even need an attorney, just a well written demand letter with threat.
The problem right now I see is that the OP literally said it was on the lot for sale. It might be gone before we all have lunch.

Honestly, if I was in this situation and it's beyond the point of the dealer being understanding, I think if he wants THAT actual Bronco, he has to file a lawsuit for specific performance and get court/judge to issue a temporary injunction on selling the Bronco......and disclaimer, I'm an NC lawyer, I have no idea if this can even be done in Texas. But that's what Id do here.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer tried to do the same thing. I kept asking what is their policy on previously placed orders, not walk ins or orders placed today. I just want what was offered to me when I moved my reservation to them (msrp). I mentioned I'm on a website and everyone is sharing how dealers are treating them. I mentioned some people already picked their Bronco's up at msrp from their dealership. I did end up at msrp after they said they spoke with the general manager. I only had the $100 reservation dep, and the printout with only my signature, nothing else.

Don't say you won't take it, just say you want them to honor their original agreement. Salesmen and sales manager know they have nothing to lose if you walk. They make more money if you do. Get the general manager involved, their reputation is based on ratings reviews of the dealership.
Sponsored