Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Then what about all this price guarantee promise I have been hearing about for the last 8 months? What does that mean?
The MSRP of a 2022 Bronco is more then the MSRP of a 2021 Bronco. Ford put in a price protection for MSRP on a 2022 model if you reserved for 2021. Unfortunately the dealer still has the final say on what the dealer will sell it for.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then what about all this price guarantee promise I have been hearing about for the last 8 months? What does that mean?
The "Price Guarantee" is Ford promising to lock in MSRP from year-to-year for reservation holders... it's still up to the dealer to decide what they are going to sell the vehicle for.

If you negotiated a price based off of MSRP (or Invoice), then your price is locked in.

If you negotiated a price based off of anything else, or didn't negotiate a price, your price is not locked in.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
they just went down from 3013 google reviews to 2999
Yup... they scrubbed mine from last night.

Of course it shows up when I'm looking at it, but in an incognito window it's gone (sorted by newest, and looking at the gap between the previous review and the next one).

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The MSRP of a 2022 Bronco is more then the MSRP of a 2021 Bronco. Ford put in a price protection for MSRP on a 2022 model if you reserved for 2021. Unfortunately the dealer still has the final say on what the dealer will sell it for.
All these people who are getting scammed should switch dealers if possible. I would drive a few hundred miles to save thousands of dollars. Even a couple thousand .

Sponsored

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to my dealer today with my deposit and financing to pick up my bronco after waiting 12 months only for them tell me that the sticker price of 57500 that ford sent me in email is not what the vehicle is available for, and the actual cost is now $82000 take it or leave it. This can't be right. pretty upset especially after all the hype. i even convinced my wife of all the family trips a trail rides we can all go on.
What's the dealer name? and address.
Let's start a game.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This dealership absolution by automakers is infuriating. Yes, the dealerships are "individually-owned franchises" but Ford is the product provider and has FAR more leverage over these weasels than they will publicly admit.
Yup, Automakers get to focus on sales and ignore customers.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just called Grand Prairie Ford and Don Davis Ford in Arlington. Both told me all sales for Bronco orders are MSRP plus no add ons unless requested by the customer. The sales girl Skylor at Don Davis said you dealer is a scammer!

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would just like to say that I love what's going on here, if only for the fact that this dealership deserves every bit of it. I hope things work out for OP.

Sponsored

BrawnyL71

Outer Banks
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just left a 1 star Google review... heading to the other sites now. Best of luck!! My Bronco just got off the train in Fort Worth... Bob Tomes in McKinney has been great so far, hopefully I don't run into any of this BS when I go to pick mine up!

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s fucked up. Do you have a DORA or anything else showing the order at MSRP? Did you pay a deposit beyond the $100?

Name the dealer and let’s start the accountability campaign.
I just contacted my dealer and they are honoring the MSRP and got an email from them. I recommend anyone else waiting to do the same. I paid $500 Deposite.

My dealer had bunch of First Edition and when I looked at the website they were going above $100K

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just left a 1 star Google review... heading to the other sites now. Best of luck!! My Bronco just got off the train in Fort Worth... Bob Tomes in McKinney has been great so far, hopefully I don't run into any of this BS when I go to pick mine up!
My Bronco is coming to Bob Tomes too but no ETA

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The order was placed and charged so many times I wasn’t thinking about that plus ford said they would honor their pricing.
Have you gone down there and talked to the general manager? You need to do this, and expect them to keep their word. You must talk to them and not give up. Haven't read the whole thread so don't know what you have done.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may get shot at. But isn’t that blackmail? There could be legal repercussions for that.
I don't think it would be fraud. OP isn't trying to get something of value. He's just asking to pay MSRP for the Bronco.
I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

A similar thought occurred to me in another thread, discussing a similar treatment of another dealer that tried to screw a member of the community with a last-minute markup.

I had intended to include in my review, a specific statement that I would remove it when/if the dealer did right by the customer, and sold the customer the Bronco at the previously-agreed price; but it occurred to me that including a condition in my review could be construed as some form of blackmail or extortion.

It's not the outing of bad behavior that constitutes blackmail or extortion; it is the implied or stated threat to badmouth someone unless he does what you think he should.
Sponsored