First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Havenā€™t read all the posts. Sounds like they wonā€™t budge.

Comments and reputation aside, have you tried calling Ford to move the reservation to another dealer?

Yeah I know may be difficult to move the reservation but from what I am seeing this wonā€™t be resolved and the dealer is rather disappointed from the backlash ruining their reputation and could care less about selling the bronco to you at Msrp.
If allowed to happen to one, dealer wins and will happen to others. It is principle, not one Bronco. Though I hope this buyer gets his for msrp as Ford promised price protection for reservation holders. :)

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they working with you? They are saying they are working with the customer.
As far as is apparently to me, that is simply a lie that they have been posting as a response to many of the negative reviews. You see the exact same text in each response.

Last edited:

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the moral of this story is dealers are scum and not to be trusted. I had a written and signed price agreement that AutoNation Ford Gulf Freeway (Houston) refused to honor. They even threatened to refuse my business and not sell me my Bronco. They offered me a discount to switch my reservation from another dealer (Day 1 res) and come time for delivery refused to honor our deal. Clearly gaming the system by conning buyers into switching so they can get more allocations.

In the end Iā€™ve got a Bronco in my garage but had to pay $2k over our agreed price. Reached out to the GM and he could care less. They all do it because they know they can get away with it. I guess Iā€™m one of the lucky ones. Good luck out there!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#2 on Google!
1640287516422.png
This is really impressive. It takes a lot to make the first page of google results unless the search terms are super specific.
I wonder if this counts as some kind of honor for me.

I do not see my name, but I recognize the profile parameters shown in the circled area as mine.

Sponsored

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this may be a strategy that the stealers are adopting. My rig was delivered on a thurs and I waited for the call and never got it. On sun when they were closed I drove over and physically laid hands on it. Then when I called them on tues the following week I had to make an "appointment" to go talk about what I thought was my truck. When I arrived the bronco was no where to be found so I'm assuming they had no intention of selling me a vehicle that from Ford had my name all over it.... with that info the dealer said "so"? whats your point... all dealers are charging an ADM. luckily I found an honest dealer about an hours drive but my deal is for msrp and its all in writing.... although it sucks sometimes its better just to walk away....
If I get that treatment I'm going let them know that I'll be bringing bail money with me.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If allowed to happen to one, dealer wins and will happen to others. It is principle, not one Bronco. Though I hope this buyer gets his for msrp as Ford promised price protection for reservation holders. :)
Just before I read this post, a thought came into my mind.

One of the unfortunate elements of this sort of situation is that the amount of markup is more than can usually be sued over in small claims court, but not enough to justify the cost of full litigation. That is a big part of how sleazy dealers like this get away with this solid digestive waste from a male bovine. I've even seen it suggested that the amount of markup is specifically crafted with this in mind.

I suppose I should state that I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

But it seems to me that aside from the issue of how much it would cost to litigate this matter, compared to the amount in dispute; that this looks like a more solid case than most on which, if @sadiki2527 were to pursue litigation, he'd have a good chance of winning.

As you say, letting one dealer get away with this manure increases the risk of all of us falling victim to it.

If enough of us were willing to contribute to the cost, and perhaps if there is a qualified lawyer among us to take the case, might it work to set up a crowdsources/crowdfunded effort to sue this dealership in @sadiki2527's behalf? Sure, the total cost to pursue this one case would likely be more than that of the amount in dispute, but if we win such a case, perhaps it would be worth it for the deterrent effect against other dealers pulling this crap against other members of our community.

Side thoughts:
  • If such a case were started quickly, could we get a restraining order preventing Westway from selling @sadiki2527's Bronco to anyone else before the case is resolved? Aside from protecting the possibility that eventually, @sadiki2527 would finally get the Bronco that is rightfully his, perhaps it would hurt Westway to force them to sit on a valuable asset that they were counting on being able to sell quickly. I don't know the whole financial aspects of running a car dealership, but maybe they would even decide that it made more sense to sell it to @sadiki2527 at the originally-agreed price than to let it tie up so much of their value in an asset that they are otherwise enjoined from selling.

• Probably not likely, but in such a case, if we were to win, could Westway Ford be also held liable for legal costs, or even unitive damages, that could recover the cost of pursuing such a suit in the first place?

• Might such a suit be expanded to include other plaintiffs, who have been screwed over in the recent past by Westway? Looking at reviews on various sources, looking at complaints against them on the BBB, it looks like there would be no shortage of other potential plaintiffs.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just before I read this post, a thought came into my mind.

One of the unfortunate elements of this sort of situation is that the amount of markup is more than can usually be sued over in small claims court, but not enough to justify the cost of full litigation. That is a big part of how sleazy dealers like this get away with this solid digestive waste from a male bovine. I've even seen it suggested that the amount of markup is specifically crafted with this in mind.

I suppose I should state that I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

But it seems to me that aside from the issue of how much it would cost to litigate this matter, compared to the amount in dispute; that this looks like a more solid case than most on which, if @sadiki2527 were to pursue litigation, he'd have a good chance of winning.

As you say, letting one dealer get away with this manure increases the risk of all of us falling victim to it.

If enough of us were willing to contribute to the cost, and perhaps if there is a qualified lawyer among us to take the case, might it work to set up a crowdsources/crowdfunded effort to sue this dealership in @sadiki2527's behalf? Sure, the total cost to pursue this one case would likely be more than that of the amount in dispute, but if we win such a case, perhaps it would be worth it for the deterrent effect against other dealers pulling this crap against other members of our community.

Side thoughts:
  • If such a case were started quickly, could we get a restraining order preventing Westway from selling @sadiki2527's Bronco to anyone else before the case is resolved? Aside from protecting the possibility that eventually, @sadiki2527 would finally get the Bronco that is rightfully his, perhaps it would hurt Westway to force them to sit on a valuable asset that they were counting on being able to sell quickly. I don't know the whole financial aspects of running a car dealership, but maybe they would even decide that it made more sense to sell it to @sadiki2527 at the originally-agreed price than to let it tie up so much of their value in an asset that they are otherwise enjoined from selling.

• Probably not likely, but in such a case, if we were to win, could Westway Ford be also held liable for legal costs, or even unitive damages, that could recover the cost of pursuing such a suit in the first place?

• Might such a suit be expanded to include other plaintiffs, who have been screwed over in the recent past by Westway? Looking at reviews on various sources, looking at complaints against them on the BBB, it looks like there would be no shortage of other potential plaintiffs.
The way he can win is by pressure, not legally. Either he had a legal sales contract or he didnā€™t. He didnā€™t. He has ethical grounds to buy the vehicleā€¦not legal. At all.

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My worthless 2 centsā€¦from someone who bought something else a year agoā€¦but am sticking around because I still like the vehicle and will probably buy one someday.

I donā€™t care if itā€™s a 1000hp vehicle that gets 1000mpg and does everything perfectly. If I got treated the way many of you have, Iā€™d have walked away from this fiasco months ago and bought something else. If itā€™s that good, come back in 2 or 3 years when supplies and prices are at a normal level and the kinks are worked out and Ford and the dealers arenā€™t screwing their customers anymore and the power of being a customer in a truely competitive market is back in your hands.

But I can understand the ā€œIā€™ve waited this longā€ train of thought. A little.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did this get resolved yet? Good luck op. Respect to all the people helping out. I would put a negative review if still needed. ā€˜Be fair or beware.ā€ You were warned stealership.
Sponsored