Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really, they need to change the laws to allow direct sales. The old dealer model little long in the tooth. Outside of service, I would never set foot in a dealership.
And even the service model is changing/needs to change. Despite being shit on by liberals and Republicans alike for owning one, my Tesla never leaves my garage any time it needs service. And that beats sitting inside of a shifty Ford service department drinking their shit coffee service and powered creamer any day of the week.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to say I am so disappointed to see so many people focused on the legality of a contract. Basically supporting the dealer for screwing reservation holders who put down a $100 or $500 deposit with the expectation of the dealer upholding their word to do the deal. I can say for me, my family, and friends all know when we give our word it stands. I don’t give two shits about paper. Paper can always be legally challenged in any court. But as a man or woman when you give your word and walk away you are worthless as a friend or to do business with. I spent 5 minutes in Westway Ford talking to a salesperson a couple months ago and immediately walked out. Not somewhere I’d ever care to do business at.

Last edited:

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shout out to Verner-Cadby Ford in Fairfield NJ for selling a big Ben MSRP 38,000 with a mark up price of $53,700 insane
This happened to you? Start a new thread to get more eyes on it. And Merry Christmas!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry dude, but you’re wrong. All sales contracts for goods over $500 must be in writing in Texas (and most states). A “purchase order” was never signed here. The customer himself said he expected to pay “some mark up”; which in and of itself shows there was no meeting of the minds on a price…a critical piece of a contract. There was no agreement. There was no contract.
No legal recourse…only way forward is through pressure.
Sorry "dude", but your comments aren't consistent with the facts that the OP wrote. The guy said he had a signed DORA.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry "dude", but your comments aren't consistent with the facts that the OP wrote. The guy said he had a signed DORA.
The dealer should give him the vehicle at MSRP…but a DORA signed with nothing else is no contract. I actually don’t think he said he had that, but even if so, there was still no contract. It is not an offer in and of itself. It even has multiple prices (MSRP and invoice)…which one are you agreeing to with the dealer? He SAID himself he expected to pay a mark-up. That by itself shows there was no meeting of the minds on price, and thus no contract….he has no legal standing at all. Only moral obligation from the dealer.

it’s a lesson to actually get a sales agreement in writing…of which a DORA is not one (unless specific language is written into it.). You telling people they can just sign a DORA is not helpful for anyone, as it is non-binding and has no legal weight. It does not show any agreement on price.

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still down for a big ole billboard next to westway. The dealership that stole Christmas.
Also, I think this might have been posted before but here's the poor woman running the customer relations department
Screenshot_20211226-004307_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Will_05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base
WORSTWAY FORD says they got a couple special deals for us Bronco 6G members! I hope none of these were stolen from reservation holders? How else would the get a First edition?

Ford Bronco Price Gouging @ Westway Ford Irving Texas Screenshot_20211225-225902_DuckDuckGo

Ford Bronco Price Gouging @ Westway Ford Irving Texas Screenshot_20211225-225902_DuckDuckGo
Good Lord😆

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When dealers like these tack on surprise adm at the end, do they atleast reimburse the original $100
When my dealer changed hands they refunded my deposit several months before delivery thus releasing them from my contract, or that's the excuse they gave me.

Sponsored

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
:ROFLMAO: I love the folks supporting purchasing at MSRP for an order fulfiller relationship = "Stealing from the Dealership" For a guaranteed sale and a whole 45min, if that, of paperwork. It would be like ordering a crate motor and picking it up at the shipping company loading doc to have the shipping company say..."oh your $10k grand crate motor is now $50k...you know...cause the market demands a $40k markup!":ROFLMAO:

Seeing threads like this makes me want to walk away from Ford and the Bronco just on principle.

Last edited:

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

:ROFLMAO: I love the folks supporting purchasing at MSRP for an order fulfiller relationship = "Stealing from the Dealership" For a guaranteed sale and a whole 45min, if that, of paperwork. It would be like ordering a crate motor and picking it up at the shipping company loading doc to have the shipping company say..."oh your $10k grand crate motor is now $50k...you know...cause the market demands a $40k markup!":ROFLMAO:

Seeing threads like this makes me want to walk away from Ford and the Bronco just on principle.
Cant walk away! Then they win! We must fight!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with almost everything you said here except the resale of the Bronco would be like stealing money from the dealer. The dealer in our scenario as reservation holders wouldn’t have the Bronco other wise so I don’t see that point holding here.
I guess I wasn't very clear...I am not accusing the OP of being a speculator. If someone reserved one with the INTENT of reselling it themselves at a profit, they would be taking that profit at the dealer's expense. If these reservations actually meant something, it would be much easier for all parties. It's too late for this roll out...but if anybody at Ford is reading any of this, it's food for thought for how they can improve the system. All of us reserved a Bronco w/the belief we had a rough idea of what it would cost...nobody believes this was open ended. Sure, a couple bucks here and there but $24k? That's a whole additional vehicle...that's CRAZY TALK!

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Agree

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went to my dealer today with my deposit and financing to pick up my bronco after waiting 12 months only for them tell me that the sticker price of 57500 that ford sent me in email is not what the vehicle is available for, and the actual cost is now $82000 take it or leave it. This can't be right. pretty upset especially after all the hype. i even convinced my wife of all the family trips a trail rides we can all go on.
Here's another one

Screenshot_20211227-091920_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored