Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not how price gouging works; that's the free market.
Agreed. Price gouging involves a necessity in which events have occurred that cause a shortage. While the supply of Broncos are short, the Bronco is not a necessity- it is a luxury.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Price Gouging E27CBD6B-64E8-497E-9543-69FBA8DEC4E8
I know we all want a Bronco, but price gouging like this would keep me from ever purchasing a vehicle from this dealership.
It’s used. The price it whatever the market will bear.

Sponsored

ShroederK

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
If some moron pays it, then good on them. Note the vin so you can shame them when you see them around town.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my reservation with this dealership. I luckily have a signed document from the dealer to lock in MSRP. When I went to test drive there (in that actual bronco) they told me they bought it from someone who came in and wanted to sell it. I have no problem with the markup on broncos that are anything but customer reservation orders. If it's an abandoned order or a normal transaction like this one was, they can do what they want with it.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

price gouging like this would keep me from ever purchasing a vehicle from this dealership.
If only you knew how little repeat business the run of the mill dealer gets. They expect minimum 90% of their customers to buy another brand next, and of those 10% who stick to one brand, they expect most will shop around.

There are dealers focused on customer retention, but they are more the exception than the norm, at least among non-luxury brands.