Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen a specific thread for this discussion but I'd like to hear some thoughts on it.

My dealer is saying "we're selling the bronco at MSRP and the build and price will give you your cost". This seems vague to me and doesn't seem like a safe guarantee down the line that they won't try to work in additional options or fees.

If I place the order with them, I don't really have the opportunity to switch dealers anymore, correct?

What are you guys doing to hold your dealer to thier word prior to or at the time of submitting your order?
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's called a pre purchase contract. Get it in writing

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have invoice price in writing in an email string. Been locked in for months. Not needed though, small family dealership in Appalachia that has been in business since the '60s. If they were shady they would not still be in business. Gonna be waiting for more horror stories from folks who did not lock their deals in before ordering. You cooking popcorn?...: :D ...

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had the salesman send me a signed paper from management with the agreed upon price. Actually got that before I transferred my reservation to them.

Sponsored

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't seen a specific thread for this discussion but I'd like to hear some thoughts on it.

My dealer is saying "we're selling the bronco at MSRP and the build and price will give you your cost". This seems vague to me and doesn't seem like a safe guarantee down the line that they won't try to work in additional options or fees.

If I place the order with them, I don't really have the opportunity to switch dealers anymore, correct?

What are you guys doing to hold your dealer to thier word prior to or at the time of submitting your order?
Switch your reservation to Granger Ford, $1000 below invoice. You can make a nice road trip of it or ask @Granger Ford for a shipping quote. Either will still be cheaper than MSRP and you don't have to worry about any dealership shenanigans.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had the salesman send me a signed paper from management with the agreed upon price. Actually got that before I transferred my reservation to them.
What dealer was that ?

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switch your reservation to Granger Ford, $1000 below invoice. You can make a nice road trip of it or ask @Granger Ford for a shipping quote. Either will still be cheaper than MSRP and you don't have to worry about any dealership shenanigans.
I don't care much about a discount at this point (especially if you have to ship or make a trip to get it). I also don't want to end up being 500 out of 1100 in line or whatever and they have 200 allocated.

Simply working with an honest dealer with some integrity is much more important to me. So far I've been unable to get some simple paperwork rolling.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why didn't you switch to Serramonte Ford when the rest of us from Nor Cal did? Sean placed my order on day one and provided the build sheet with pricing which i signed and returned.

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why didn't you switch to Serramonte Ford when the rest of us from Nor Cal did? Sean placed my order on day one and provided the build sheet with pricing which i signed and returned.
I probably should have. When we were trying to get a group deal organized, the Serramonte guys started getting a lot of transfers. My family situation became a little uncertain and I figured it was a wrap on the bronco plan for me so I just didn't do anything with my reservation. Family situation is resolved now so I've decided to order.

Never the less, it'd be nice to just get an agreement and place the order and be set 🤔
Sponsored