Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone know if I will have to pay 1590 more for my OBX if my order date was on 9/14/21
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get a 2021 model built and are awaiting delivery? Did you have a reservation prior to ordering. Did you re-order for a 2022?

Need a tad more to go on.

OP
OP
Glenn Gray

Glenn Gray

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you get a 2021 model built and are awaiting delivery? Did you have a reservation prior to ordering. Did you re-order for a 2022?

Need a tad more to go on.
walk in order at my dealer 9/14/21 changed order to my22 on 10/14/21

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know if I will have to pay 1590 more for my OBX if my order date was on 9/14/21
Not according to my dealership and Ford. I called Ford and my dealership to ask. I called the Bronco hotline. I also went in to change something on my order and they printed a new summary which shows the old pricing.

My initial order was 01/11/21 FYI.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MIC Hardtop orders: All retail customers with an order placed by August 20th, 2021 not able to be built as a 21MY due to the MIC Hardtop commodity restriction are eligible to receive price protection.

The above was a snippet from a Ford notice to dealers, it was the closest I could find to your situation. Based on that, I would say you are not covered due to the date and the fact that you are probably a soft top, since you did not mention it in your description.

YMMV

obviously you do not qualify for originial price protection.

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MIC Hardtop orders: All retail customers with an order placed by August 20th, 2021 not able to be built as a 21MY due to the MIC Hardtop commodity restriction are eligible to receive price protection.

The above was a snippet from a Ford notice to dealers, it was the closest I could find to your situation. Based on that, I would say you are not covered due to the date and the fact that you are probably a soft top, since you did not mention it in your description.

YMMV
That quoted article directly contradicts what Ford told me so who the F knows! lol

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think there are now 2 layers of "price protection. There's the true price protection program for orders before 3/19/21, then there is current "pricing" not protection vs the 3/7/22 order bank shutdown. If you choose to order any of the new so called 22.5 options then you will pay the upcharges for the "new" build.

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not according to my dealership and Ford. I called Ford and my dealership to ask. I called the Bronco hotline. I also went in to change something on my order and they printed a new summary which shows the old pricing.

I just placed my order a few days ago (walk in, no reservation) and hoping that you are right. My dealer also told me I am price protected when I asked about the price increase for MY22.5 and also anticipating MY23 price increase.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My dealer stated the same to me... I will pay exactly what my order MSRP was

Sponsored

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think there are now 2 layers of "price protection. There's the true price protection program for orders before 3/19/21, then there is current "pricing" not protection vs the 3/7/22 order bank shutdown. If you choose to order any of the new so called 22.5 options then you will pay the upcharges for the "new" build.
Yeah from my understanding as long as you place your order before 3/7/22 you get the MY22 pricing and that stands unless you make changes after that date.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That quoted article directly contradicts what Ford told me so who the F knows! lol
No, you are incorrect and giving out harmful and inaccurate advice. You are protected under the original 3.19.21 date. The OP is NOT because they reserved/ordered at the same time, well after the cut-off, that brings the memo that I snipped into play.

Please stop assuming your situation is the same as all other people and stop giving out inaccurate info.

You are 100% wrong per Ford on the OP's situation (which, again, is not yours)

OP
OP
Glenn Gray

Glenn Gray

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My build was a mic top outer banks . I guess we will not know until we get a window sticker. I am thinking it will be up to Ford, my dealer says what ever MSRP is that's what you will have to pay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glenn Gray

Glenn Gray

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So even if the new window sticker is different from my order contract I will pay based on my contract at time of order !
Sponsored