Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think that if you reserved and ordered a Bronco in 2021, you should be able to change your trim and still be price protected since t people will have been waiting two model years for their Bronco. I know that I want to change trims.

I am curious how it will work for those of us with orders at Granger? I was told that if allocations stay the same, it is likely that I donā€™t get a 2023 either.

It would be great if Ford would give guidance about price protection into 2024 for those of us that have an active 2021 that has been rolled, about to be rolled again with being told to expect 2024.

@ford_motor_company
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet it won't exist after 2023 model year.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What wonā€™t exist? The price protection?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup...I don't see Ford giving price protection beyond next model year and I'm willing to bet all trims go up by at least $1500 per year for the next couple of years as well.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Op- ā€œHey ford, I went with a dealer that charges less than you suggestedā€¦.. but now I have to wait much longer. Can I still get it cheaper than anywhere else next year?ā€

Ford-
Ford Bronco Price Protection beyond 2023? 8232DADE-440E-490E-BCD6-93B1588079CB

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Op- ā€œHey ford, I went with a dealer that charges less than you suggestedā€¦.. but now I have to wait much longer. Can I still get it cheaper than anywhere else next year?ā€

Ford-
Ford Bronco Price Protection beyond 2023? 8232DADE-440E-490E-BCD6-93B1588079CB
You might want to edit to similar as before, for accuracy;

Hey Ford, i made the mistake of believing your written terms and conditions that you would fill all reservations before dealer stock andi picked my preferred dealer as you instructed me to do. Then you changed the rules and simultaneously would not let us change dealers without giving up our reservation and associated perks. Now you are ignoring reservations completely, building dealer stock and walk in orders ahead of me and are going to end price protection because you decided to not fill the price protected orders in time, instead doing non-pre-ordered orders and not letting us move to higher allocation dealers.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Ford, i made the mistake of believing your written terms and conditions that you would fill all reservations before dealer stock andi picked my preferred dealer as you instructed me to do. Then you changed the rules and simultaneously would not let us change dealers without giving up our reservation and associated perks. Now you are ignoring reservations completely, building dealer stock and walk in orders ahead of me and are going to end price protection because you decided to not fill the price protected orders in time, instead doing non-pre-ordered orders and not letting us move to higher allocation dealers.
Ford-
Ford Bronco Price Protection beyond 2023? 6B025A7D-20D7-4D33-9F61-570D2E9A2FA1

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All joking asideā€¦ wasnā€™t Granger the ones who published info on how to and encouraged people to move their allocations from the original dealer to them?

Imagine if you originally ordered with granger. Day 2 or three. But then over the next two months everyone who liked that price on this site, with earlier reservations than you, moved to granger. This was grangers play to get the most Broncos allocated. Now that day 3 reservation guy just had 400 broncos move ahead of him? So who got screwed? The original order placer.

Granger thought they found a work around. But do you really think ford was going to send 2500 vehicles to Iowa when they barley made 25,000 in year one? I just didnā€™t understand after 3-4000 reservations taken in, why granger expected to get this much allocation when it was no secret that ford referenced previous year suv and vehicle sales as a factor to allocation.

I think Granger did a dis-service to the people of Iowa as well as the forum members who wanted a bronco. And now their wait is so long that a new reservation holder in a small dealer with fewer reservations has a better chance of driving one soon. But all the diehards that wanted the bronco the most are causing the granger bottlenecking in this self inflicted system.

Just my thoughts.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine if you originally ordered with granger. Day 2 or three. But then over the next two months everyone who liked that price on this site, with earlier reservations than you, moved to granger.
It wouldn't matter how many reservations a single dealer had if Ford followed their original promise to build broncos in order of timestamp (subject to parts availability)

But do you really think ford was going to send 2500 vehicles to Iowa when they barley made 25,000 in year one?
I'll admit, I ignorantly took Ford at their word when they committed to build in order of timestamp. I certainly won't believe anything they put out ever again but yes, naively I did think they were telling us the truth, particularly given that they put this in writing right on the website. Lesson learned.