First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry, like I said this is all new to me.

I did have an MSRP deal. Sticker was $44,900
Which is what I paid. It is a 4dr. $1750 does seem like what it increased from original build spec.

so will this automatically come to me or is there something I need to do? I guess that’s what I’m asking?
I've had to constantly follow-up with my dealer on my price protection, and was finally notified I should receive mine this week from a purchase 75 days ago. Per my dealer, Ford credits their account typically within 60 days of sale, and it is confirmed the reservation holder purchased the vehicle.

edit: some dealers apply the price protection up front, while it seems others wait to be reimbursed from Ford - mine was the latter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My reservation was 8/2021 and original order 10/2021. When I spoke to my dealer, I discussed all the scenarios I have heard about on these boards and he said it was a simple process. At time of sale they attach the certificate from Ford. Since they are charging current MSRP, it is essentially cash down in their eyes.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My reservation was 8/2021 and original order 10/2021. When I spoke to my dealer, I discussed all the scenarios I have heard about on these boards and he said it was a simple process. At time of sale they attach the certificate from Ford. Since they are charging current MSRP, it is essentially cash down in their eyes.
Would be great if they were all like that. Unfortunately most aren't. Mine wants to play dumb so they can keep that money and get me for even more.

Philyn8iv

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Edge, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I called the Ford retail department. They say price protection was for orders placed before march of 2021. She said it did not show any eligible certificates for my vehicle.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I called the Ford retail department. They say price protection was for orders placed before march of 2021. She said it did not show any eligible certificates for my vehicle.
The Q&A specifically stated March 2022

Ford Bronco Price Protection - Check in the Mail F8BC135D-B8C2-42B5-8809-AA69A7F63D0F

Sponsored

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

F8BC135D-B8C2-42B5-8809-AA69A7F63D0F.png
2023 MY Price Protection
Is price protection still in effect for the 2023 MY?
Ford will continue to honor MSRP pricing based on when a customer’s reservation or order was placed for similarly equipped vehicles. Previously announced price protection amounts for eligible customers are still valid, and price protection will also be provided for 2023 MY price increases. In the coming weeks, Ford will provide dealers with the 2023 MY price protection amounts for each eligible customer.

According to this, you are price protect from the day you ordered, regardless of when. However, when you ordered may alter the program/process to obtain price protection.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To have a certificate for MY22 (which covers the MY21 to MY22 increase), you must have reserved or ordered before Mar 19, 2021.
To get a refund for the MY22 price increase, I believe you just have to have ordered an MY22 before Ford closed the order banks.

Ford Bronco Price Protection - Check in the Mail F8BC135D-B8C2-42B5-8809-AA69A7F63D0F
To my knowledge, Ford has not released the details on how the MY23 price protection will work beyond what is in the FAQs. Since FAQs say "Ford will provide dealers with the 2023 MY price protection amounts for each eligible customer.", I'm guessing you have to place an MY23 order and then wait for Ford to determine the actual amount.

YYCbroncofan

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has been a great read with a tonne of great info! Here's my bit, and I am sorry for the long read..

I am facing a bit of a problem of my own with my dealer Northstar Ford out of Calgary Canada. I have been dealing with two different sales people, one of which is the sales manager.. Both claim that Ford does not offer "full/complete price protection" on my order.

I first placed my order in November of 2020 when my Wildtrack MSRP was $67,564 (optioned)
I was notified in 2021 that my MY build was being transferred to 2022 which I agreed to without hesitation. My former sales rep was going on Maternity leave and confirmed that my price was protected going forward so this was a no-brainer. But then I was handed over to a new sales rep...

Fast forward to October 2022 when Daniel and Greg reached out stating that I have to sign a new purchase order with a #$%* tonne of price increases being applied.

First off they said I had to pay for the hardtop which, to the best of my recollection was included with all WT orders when the model was first launched. I am now being charged $1695 for the hard top. I recall an email that went out as results of the delays in production. . It stated a $750 discount was being applied to my order or any other order of my choice. Nowhere to be found in the new quote :(

The MSRP went from $67,564 (equipped) to $78,195 (equipped)
Base MSRP went from $59,994 to $69,590

Lux Package went from $3750 to $3995
Tow package $700 from $600
Dealer admin fee $899 from $799
Destination fee $2095 from $1900
The quoted interest rate at the time of purchase was 4.99% and now increased to 5.49%

Now- the dealer is stating that I'm a lucky customer (hooray) and that I am receiving a special discount of $7,066 on my build although this represents a shortfall of $4583 compared to what pricing would look like if I were to get "actual" price protection.

I called Ford and spoke to one lady who confirmed I would be getting FULL price protection given that I was an early order customer. Unfortunately, the dealer came back to me and stated that Ford was referring to the "7k discount" and that Ford does not offer complete price protection due to market adjustments.

I have read many threads now and it seems that the info is a bit skewed. I am reading that as of today, Ford has not provided concrete info on how price protection will be handled. I guess my concern is that my dealership is trying to get a few extra bucks out of me while I am feeling cheated. In conversation, I asked Daniel how great it would be if I backed out and he agreed that they would make a great profit by reselling it on their lot.

When being asked to SIGN the altered purchase order document, should I comply and sign??

I know this is all up to personal opinion, I am just looking for some advise if you can offer any :)

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got my check in the mail last week. A little over $2k. Nice having a great, trustworthy dealer. pick up date was 8/1.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received the initial price protection on the sales order at the dealership and showed them the info from Ford regarding the additional price protection. They informed me that I would receive a check after the sale goes through since the additional price protection required the sales certificate. Surely enough I received my check within a week or two.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I reserved a bronco in early 2021, ordered at dealership on 3/11/21
Got pushed to 2022, reorder the same. Built in September and delivered 10/20/22. Only received the 1 certificate for 975(BD) but should have additional 1500 on second certificate. Hopefully I get it from Ford? Thoughts on this anyone?

OP
OP
sanford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved a bronco in early 2021, ordered at dealership on 3/11/21
Got pushed to 2022, reorder the same. Built in September and delivered 10/20/22. Only received the 1 certificate for 975(BD) but should have additional 1500 on second certificate. Hopefully I get it from Ford? Thoughts on this anyone?
You won‘t get a second certificate from Ford. You’ll get a check from the dealer once they receive a refund check from Ford or the dealer will give you a discount off your sales price.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the response
Sponsored