Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just thought I would share what I actually got for price protection verses expected. I purchased two broncos, each at a different dealer. Purchasing experiences were very different. One refused to give more than the order sheet and everything else was verbal promises. The second order the dealer put all in writing on a sales order at time of the order and there was zero question thru delivery.

I'll start with the second order because it is simpler.

2 Door, Bronco Base, only option auto trans
Ordered November 26, 2021, built March 30, 2022

MSRP on order sheet $32,390​
MSRP on sticker $33,890​
Difference $1,500​
Per Price protection Flow Chart
MY21 price protection - Not Eligible as no reservation​
MY22 retail order price protection - Column B for base $1,500
MY22.5 - Not eligible due to manufactured before July
Total price protection per flow chart $1,500​
Note here, the MY22 and MY22.5 protection is done in the form of a discount given to the dealer so the dealer can sell it to the consumer at the price when ordered rather than the price when built.

Price protection did what it was supposed to do, compensate between price at time of order and when built, dealer gave price as on order sheet of $32,390.​

First Bronco order:

2 Door, Black Diamond, Squach, Advanced 4x4, roof rails, keyless entry
Reserved July 2020, Ordered January 21, rolled over MY22 Oct 22, Built August 2022

MSRP on order sheet $46,040​
MSRP on sticker $47,640​
Difference $1,600​
Per Price protection Flow Chart
MY21 price protection -Column A for BD $975.00​
MY22 retail order price protection - Column B for BD $1,500
MY22.5 - Column C for BD $0.00
Total price protection per flow chart $975 + $1,500 = $2,475​
A footnote is in order here, that MY21 protection for $975 was issued as a "certificate" attached to the buyers name. The MY22 and MY22.5 as stated above are a discount to dealer so dealer can sell at the price when ordered.

For some reason in this case, the difference between order MSRP and sticker MSRP is $1,600 and price protection is only $1500.

Because this dealer wouldn't write a sales order till the vehicle was in, they insisted on me purchasing at the sticker price of $47,640 saying verbally if Ford gives them purchase price protection credit they would refund that to me. They refused to put anything about this in writing.

I thought I would never see it, but they were honest and gave me a check for $2076 yesterday which was supposed to be the MY22 and MY22.5 protection. The $975 was processed separately and was no issue.

I do not know why the $2,076 was larger than the $1,600 difference between order sheet and sticker (or $1,500 the flow chart says).

In any case, on my Black Diamond I got a total of $3,051 in price protection while the flow chart says it should have been $2,475.​

It seem to me that the way the price protection is set up for MY22 and MY22.5, for dealers who wouldn't write sales agreements till the vehicle came in (like in the one case for me) it would be very easy for dealer to not inform the consumer that Ford was providing price protection and charge MSRP on the sticker while pocketing the protection monies. The way the MY21 protection was attached to me, I actually was able to file for that after I took delivery of the other Bronco even though that was not the bronco I had the reservation on.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For the BL did you keep the capable bumper? For '21 you got the mod bumper, '22 was capable, they covered the upgrade cost whether you changed it not so that might be the extra amount.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the BL did you keep the capable bumper? For '21 you got the mod bumper, '22 was capable, they covered the upgrade cost whether you changed it not so that might be the extra amount.
Good point, for 2022 I did order with the mod bumper which was now an option. One of my original reasons for choosing BD was to get the mod bumper. That option was $575 so if they were coving that extra cost it would bring the $2,475 to $3050. Only one dollar different than what I got.

RangerR

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak and Road Glide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We took delivery of our 23 Wildtrak today. I placed my order in December of 21 and move to the 23 in Oct of 22. I got $2925 rebated back from Ford.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We took delivery of our 23 Wildtrak today. I placed my order in December of 21 and move to the 23 in Oct of 22. I got $2925 rebated back from Ford.
Did they give that to you as an instant rebate or are you going to have to wait for a check in the mail? If it was an instant rebate did you pay tax on the full MSRP or the discounted one?

Sponsored

RangerR

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak and Road Glide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did they give that to you as an instant rebate or are you going to have to wait for a check in the mail? If it was an instant rebate did you pay tax on the full MSRP or the discounted one?
The dealer took that off the MSRP on the spot. I paid tax on the final price but in KY if you have a trade you get a tax credit from the trade in. I only had $501 in taxes due.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just thought I would share what I actually got for price protection verses expected. I purchased two broncos, each at a different dealer. Purchasing experiences were very different. One refused to give more than the order sheet and everything else was verbal promises. The second order the dealer put all in writing on a sales order at time of the order and there was zero question thru delivery.

I'll start with the second order because it is simpler.

2 Door, Bronco Base, only option auto trans
Ordered November 26, 2021, built March 30, 2022

MSRP on order sheet $32,390​
MSRP on sticker $33,890​
Difference $1,500​
Per Price protection Flow Chart​
MY21 price protection - Not Eligible as no reservation​
MY22 retail order price protection - Column B for base $1,500​
MY22.5 - Not eligible due to manufactured before July​
Total price protection per flow chart $1,500​
Note here, the MY22 and MY22.5 protection is done in the form of a discount given to the dealer so the dealer can sell it to the consumer at the price when ordered rather than the price when built.​
Price protection did what it was supposed to do, compensate between price at time of order and when built, dealer gave price as on order sheet of $32,390.​

First Bronco order:

2 Door, Black Diamond, Squach, Advanced 4x4, roof rails, keyless entry
Reserved July 2020, Ordered January 21, rolled over MY22 Oct 22, Built August 2022

MSRP on order sheet $46,040​
MSRP on sticker $47,640​
Difference $1,600​
Per Price protection Flow Chart​
MY21 price protection -Column A for BD $975.00​
MY22 retail order price protection - Column B for BD $1,500​
MY22.5 - Column C for BD $0.00​
Total price protection per flow chart $975 + $1,500 = $2,475​
A footnote is in order here, that MY21 protection for $975 was issued as a "certificate" attached to the buyers name. The MY22 and MY22.5 as stated above are a discount to dealer so dealer can sell at the price when ordered.​
For some reason in this case, the difference between order MSRP and sticker MSRP is $1,600 and price protection is only $1500.​
Because this dealer wouldn't write a sales order till the vehicle was in, they insisted on me purchasing at the sticker price of $47,640 saying verbally if Ford gives them purchase price protection credit they would refund that to me. They refused to put anything about this in writing.​
I thought I would never see it, but they were honest and gave me a check for $2076 yesterday which was supposed to be the MY22 and MY22.5 protection. The $975 was processed separately and was no issue.​
I do not know why the $2,076 was larger than the $1,600 difference between order sheet and sticker (or $1,500 the flow chart says).​
In any case, on my Black Diamond I got a total of $3,051 in price protection while the flow chart says it should have been $2,475.​

It seem to me that the way the price protection is set up for MY22 and MY22.5, for dealers who wouldn't write sales agreements till the vehicle came in (like in the one case for me) it would be very easy for dealer to not inform the consumer that Ford was providing price protection and charge MSRP on the sticker while pocketing the protection monies. The way the MY21 protection was attached to me, I actually was able to file for that after I took delivery of the other Bronco even though that was not the bronco I had the reservation on.
It seems like, in both cases you got excellent prices and both dealers treated you honestly. Over a year ago, for me the order sheet (DORA) and sticker price were exactly the same and I paid exactly that, since October 2021 delivery was before any need for price protection.
I hope you enjoy your Broncos! I do.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems like, in both cases you got excellent prices and both dealers treated you honestly.
I am enjoying them both. I did back out the little bit of ADM that I had to pay on the base, but the Black Diamond was at MSRP but that dealer did require about $500 of add-ons. Both dealers were up front with those costs and I was okay with that. Most stressful in the purchase was with the Black Diamond order as the dealer would not put anything in writing until the vehicle actually arrived and acted in ways that left me anxiety ridden over surprise ADM and not getting the price protection.

Last edited:

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchased my 22 BL in October, recieved a price protection check in the mail from Ford yesterday.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be an interesting poll to see how many dealers deduct the price protection at the time of the sale vs. a later check.

Sponsored

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am enjoying them both. I did back out the little bit of ADM that I had to pay on the base, but the Black Diamond was at MSRP but that dealer did require about $500 off add-ons. Both dealers were up front with those costs and I was okay with that. Most stressful in the purchase was with the Black Diamond order as the dealer would not put anything in writing until the vehicle actually arrived and acted in ways that left me anxiety ridden over surprise ADM and not getting the price protection.
When you say "$500 off add-on" are you referring to dealer installation cost for dealer installed options? I'm curious as I have added the Top/Retractable/Front Row Twill, wheel lock, and Storage Roof bag and was wondering if this will incur additional cost for installation.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered my Black Diamond February 9th. Signed buyers order at MSRP. Took delivery October 10th. Amount I paid was the exact amount on my original buyers order. They didn't even add the extra $100 increase in the destination charge.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid original MY22 MSRP off the DORA for my delivered MY22.5 last month at signing. $58,835 VS $60665 was the difference. Dealer also honored the original DOC fees and shipping charges. No markups or additions which was part of our original agreement at time of ordering

I ordered 8/7/21 and reordered 10/21. I did not qualify for MY21 protection which left $825 for me to suck up. I also changed the color along the way a few times so had a few DORA sheets with the final at the MY22.5 price but it wasn’t an issue.

Did receive a check yesterday for $10 due to overpayment of DMV fees.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be an interesting poll to see how many dealers deduct the price protection at the time of the sale vs. a later check.
My dealer gave me the option I choose the check which I recieved the exact amount that was added to the orginal msrp. I agree that would be an interesting poll

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the refunded amount from Ford that is sent to the dealer required to then be forwarded to the customer if that customer paid MY'22.5 MSRP but ordered prior to the MY'22.5 price increase? Or could a dealer just keep it and act like it never came in?
Sponsored