Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you say "$500 off add-on" are you referring to dealer installation cost for dealer installed options? I'm curious as I have added the Top/Retractable/Front Row Twill, wheel lock, and Storage Roof bag and was wondering if this will incur additional cost for installation.
Sorry, that should have read "$500 of add-ons", by that I was referring to high mark-up dealer added items that they called "mandatory" at their dealership. For example one was "etching" theft protection where they place identification labels on parts that supposedly deters theft and should the vehicle be stolen would give me $1,500 towards a new vehicle. Another was an appearance protection warranty that would fix paint issues that occur in 5 years (and may have involved application of some sealant). Things I consider essentially no value and routinely decline.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered my Black Diamond February 9th. Signed buyers order at MSRP. Took delivery October 10th. Amount I paid was the exact amount on my original buyers order. They didn't even add the extra $100 increase in the destination charge.
Thank you, I wasn't aware of a destination charge increase, that explains why my BD sticker was $1,600 more than the order sheet rather than $1,500. Your experience is what I had with my base.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the refunded amount from Ford that is sent to the dealer required to then be forwarded to the customer if that customer paid MY'22.5 MSRP but ordered prior to the MY'22.5 price increase? Or could a dealer just keep it and act like it never came in?
In my opinion, since the dealer ultimately sets the sales price, they could keep it especially since most buyers that ordered without a reservation, weren't aware of price protection. It all comes down to how the dealer treats it.

Us with reservations were informed that there was price protection back in 21 when we had to roll over to MY22 and there was clearly an increase in price at that time. When I ordered my second Bronco in November of 22, I didn't think there was any price protection. The only way that I knew my first order, and then realized for my second order, had MY22 price protection was the flow chart on this site.

I consider a couple plausible scenarios that go like this:

#1 Person comes in orders a bronco, get an order sheet and do a sales order listing the price. When the bronco comes in MSRP is higher and dealer goes back to the customer points out the higher sticker price and says the sales order has to be amended because of the price change. Dealer pockets the protection amount. In this scenario the customer does have more leverage to fight to hold to the price on the sales order but may be talked out of it.

#2 Person orders, dealer takes order, but does not write sales agreement, tells the person they get it at MSRP. When vehicle arrives they write up the sale for the sticker price and shrug saying the price at time of order was subject to change and they are getting it for MSRP as verbally agreed to. Customer again not aware dealer gets to pocket the extra.

With the COVP requirements in MY23 scenario #2 shouldn't be possible but I wouldn't be surprised if some try and pull off scenario #1

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion, since the dealer ultimately sets the sales price, they could keep it especially since most buyers that ordered without a reservation, weren't aware of price protection. It all comes down to how the dealer treats it.

Us with reservations were informed that there was price protection back in 21 when we had to roll over to MY22 and there was clearly an increase in price at that time. When I ordered my second Bronco in November of 22, I didn't think there was any price protection. The only way that I knew my first order, and then realized for my second order, had MY22 price protection was the flow chart on this site.

I consider a couple plausible scenarios that go like this:

#1 Person comes in orders a bronco, get an order sheet and do a sales order listing the price. When the bronco comes in MSRP is higher and dealer goes back to the customer points out the higher sticker price and says the sales order has to be amended because of the price change. Dealer pockets the protection amount. In this scenario the customer does have more leverage to fight to hold to the price on the sales order but may be talked out of it.

#2 Person orders, dealer takes order, but does not write sales agreement, tells the person they get it at MSRP. When vehicle arrives they write up the sale for the sticker price and shrug saying the price at time of order was subject to change and they are getting it for MSRP as verbally agreed to. Customer again not aware dealer gets to pocket the extra.

With the COVP requirements in MY23 scenario #2 shouldn't be possible but I wouldn't be surprised if some try and pull off scenario #1
so legally they dont have to give it to you if you paid higher MSRP but qualified for the lower MSRP? This will probably just end up being a lot of people informing their dealer they will never purchase another Ford from that dealership if they dont get the retail price protection sent to them

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
so legally they dont have to give it to you if you paid higher MSRP but qualified for the lower MSRP? This will probably just end up being a lot of people informing their dealer they will never purchase another Ford from that dealership if they dont get the retail price protection sent to them
true, but only if they are aware they should have gotten price protection.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
For some reason in this case, the difference between order MSRP and sticker MSRP is $1,600 and price protection is only $1500.​
Ford raised the price of the Bronco $1500. They raised the price of the BS "Delivery Fee" by $100.

So, the retail price protection only covers the $1500 vehicle price increase and not the extra $100 delivery fee.

My dealer screwed up, and simply charged the price on the DORA, rather than Sticker minus $2000. So I got the extra $100 off, but I am pretty sure this was a mistake on the dealer's part.

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, that should have read "$500 of add-ons", by that I was referring to high mark-up dealer added items that they called "mandatory" at their dealership. For example one was "etching" theft protection where they place identification labels on parts that supposedly deters theft and should the vehicle be stolen would give me $1,500 towards a new vehicle. Another was an appearance protection warranty that would fix paint issues that occur in 5 years (and may have involved application of some sealant). Things I consider essentially no value and routinely decline.
This is good info. Upsells I forgot about I’m sure my dealer will present as well.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Note here, the MY22 and MY22.5 protection is done in the form of a discount given to the dealer so the dealer can sell it to the consumer at the price when ordered rather than the price when built.​
...​
For some reason in this case, the difference between order MSRP and sticker MSRP is $1,600 and price protection is only $1500.​
...​
I thought I would never see it, but they were honest and gave me a check for $2076 yesterday which was supposed to be the MY22 and MY22.5 protection. The $975 was processed separately and was no issue.​
...​
Retail price protection is supposed to be a check from Ford to the buyer, not the dealer. Did the check you received from the dealer come from Ford or the dealer?
Did the dealer in the first bronco have you sign a voucher assignment document? typically they have you sign those documents to assign the credits from the manufacturer to them, and they pass that later credit onto you now in the sales price.

Check your sticker vs the order sheet. My bet is you'll find the Destination & Delivery charge increased, which is why there was a 1600 price difference but just a 1500 credit. That was the case for mine. D&D was $100 more when actually delivered.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Retail price protection is supposed to be a check from Ford to the buyer, not the dealer. Did the check you received from the dealer come from Ford or the dealer?
Did the dealer in the first bronco have you sign a voucher assignment document? typically they have you sign those documents to assign the credits from the manufacturer to them, and they pass that later credit onto you now in the sales price.

Check your sticker vs the order sheet. My bet is you'll find the Destination & Delivery charge increased, which is why there was a 1600 price difference but just a 1500 credit. That was the case for mine. D&D was $100 more when actually delivered.
The MY21 price protection required paperwork to claim it and it arrived as a check from ford thru the mail. There was no paperwork involved for the MY22 protection, the dealer on the base simply gave me the price on the order sheet, the dealer with the black diamond purchase insisted I pay the price on the sticker with verbal promise to give me the price protection amount when they got it. No paperwork at all for that price protection or verbal promise. The check that I did get for that came from the dealer.

And yes, someone else pointed out the extra $100 was destination charge price increase.

Tbrownwyw

Base
First Name
Talon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford ranger, 1972 f100 ranger SWB,
Your Bronco Model
Base
What do you do if your dealer said he tried applying the rebate code but it said I was ineligible. I have had the same trim model reserved since October 2020

Sponsored

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you do if your dealer said he tried applying the rebate code but it said I was ineligible. I have had the same trim model reserved since October 2020
the smartVINCENT printout might show MY'21 price rebate of $975 (certificate 38406) but nothing for the MY'22.5 $2k (certificate 38446). If ordered way back in early '21 so MY'22.5 protection should apply. But dealer says sticker is the price and plays dumb about $2k.

After research, the '21 protection does show under current order because order was bumped from '21 to '22. The '22.5 protection certificate doesn't show because order on the books is for a 22.5 bronco. If bumped to MY'23 then that certificate would show. By buying a MY22.5, the dealer could give original order '22 msrp not '22.5 msrp. Then ford essentially reimburses the dealer the difference months after the sell. But some dealers like to scam this detail and play dumb about the whole process, or hope the buyer doesn't even ask or forgets it happened.

This protection is retail price protection i believe. They get real scammy here because they can essentially double dip...they sell the car at MY22.5 msrp to a customer with an order for MY'22 msrp pocketing the $2k diff...then when ford comes back later they keep the reimbursement of another $2k from ford.

At least thats what i've gathered

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmm, that sounds odd. When did you actually place an order? The only think I can think that would make one ineligible is never placing an order with that reservation, the reservation not actually tied to the order and order date too late to be eligible, or name and address not matching.

The MY21 protection "certificate" is tied to your name, not the order and you should be able to get the amount and certificate number calling the bronco information line or whatever they call that. Unlike MY22 and MY22.5 protection which isn't tied to your name and dealers can hide it, that MY21 they can't claim unless you sign some paperwork that assigns it to them which would be done to apply the savings at time of purchase. Unless they forge the paperwork in your name that is.

In my case, I had MY21 protection on my first order, but my second was a MY22 order with no reservation, but my second order came in first and despite it being a different dealer, and a different order, because I did buy a Bronco I was able to claim that certification even though the car being bought under that reservation hadn't been delivered yet. The dealer for the second order facilitated the paperwork for me and I got a check in the mail from ford.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
This protection is retail price protection i believe. They get real scammy here because they can essentially double dip...they sell the car at MY22.5 msrp to a customer with an order for MY'22 msrp pocketing the $2k diff...then when ford comes back later they keep the reimbursement of another $2k from ford.
Yep they could do that on the ones that aren't on a certificate tied to your name. The certificate ones at least they need you to sign paperwork (or forget it), but the one just covering price change from when ordered to built don't require any paperwork from the purchaser and dealer can play games if the purchaser is unaware.

Tbrownwyw

Base
First Name
Talon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford ranger, 1972 f100 ranger SWB,
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmm, that sounds odd. When did you actually place an order? The only think I can think that would make one ineligible is never placing an order with that reservation, the reservation not actually tied to the order and order date too late to be eligible, or name and address not matching.

The MY21 protection "certificate" is tied to your name, not the order and you should be able to get the amount and certificate number calling the bronco information line or whatever they call that. Unlike MY22 and MY22.5 protection which isn't tied to your name and dealers can hide it, that MY21 they can't claim unless you sign some paperwork that assigns it to them which would be done to apply the savings at time of purchase. Unless they forge the paperwork in your name that is.

In my case, I had MY21 protection on my first order, but my second was a MY22 order with no reservation, but my second order came in first and despite it being a different dealer, and a different order, because I did buy a Bronco I was able to claim that certification even though the car being bought under that reservation hadn't been delivered yet. The dealer for the second order facilitated the paperwork for me and I got a check in the mail from ford.
After talking with the sales manager. He said when he contacted the program headquarters they said I was ineligible because I didn’t order until October of 2021. I was like 2 things. That would still make me eligible for the private offer based off the cut off off date. Second thing was that was my second order . I ordered my 21 the first day you were able too. He said he wasn’t the sales manager then and can’t find my agreement I signed for 2021. This is going to be a real headache

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
After talking with the sales manager. He said when he contacted the program headquarters they said I was ineligible because I didn’t order until October of 2021. I was like 2 things. That would still make me eligible for the private offer based off the cut off off date. Second thing was that was my second order . I ordered my 21 the first day you were able too. He said he wasn’t the sales manager then and can’t find my agreement I signed for 2021. This is going to be a real headache
Curious if you have you taken delivery yet?

Even if you placed order after October first, according to the price protection flow chart it should be based upon what you had reserved. If you placed an order early 21 then it would be based on that order rather than reservation. In any case you should get it.

The question is if the orders were linked to the reservation. It would be very easy for dealer to mess that up and if there was no reservation attached then regardless of the early 21 order date, you wouldn't be eligible.

Did you ever use your reservaton number with the back door link to see if your vehicle showed up?
Sponsored