Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There have been some great and helpful people here regarding this topic but I find myself at odds with Ford corporate.

I initially ordered a Wildtrack years ago. In plenty of time for price protection.

Bottlenecks in supply had me change to a Badlands as I eliminated the hardtop and the tow hitch and what not.

After Hoss came out I again dumbed down my order but went back to Wildtrack, added HOSS and downgraded from Lux to High.

I'm super happy to pay list on HOSS and but Ford is saying I cannot have Price Protection because I changed the model and the equipment They say 'THE SYSTEM' dropped me out of Price Protection. Folks 'The System' is code for 'nah I don't feel like it's my job to help'. Furthermore they deflected blame to the dealer for not informing me I would lose price protection.. Like the dealers are expected to be experts on some janky last minute program put in place to save face. Ford could easily request a policy sign off as part of an order change. I thought the finger pointing was lame. My dealer (Babbit Ford) has been fine through the whole process.

If I started with a Wildtrack and ended with a Wiltrack and never heard hear a peep from these people between that time, it really doesn't matter if I had a Badlands ordered for a minute or a FORD GT.

How does one escalate this beyond the super friendly and totally unhelpful 'nah I don't feel like it's my job to help' folks you get on the phone over there ?
I told my dealership I would spend the Price protection difference with them if they could help, and I will, but this is a super frustrating. Thanks for making it through my rant, and make sure they don't do the same to you.

Order# 10326017
Order Code 4925
Sales Code F71467
Sponsored

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been some great and helpful people here regarding this topic but I find myself at odds with Ford corporate.

I initially ordered a Wildtrack years ago. In plenty of time for price protection.

Bottlenecks in supply had me change to a Badlands as I eliminated the hardtop and the tow hitch and what not.

After Hoss came out I again dumbed down my order but went back to Wildtrack, added HOSS and downgraded from Lux to High.

I'm super happy to pay list on HOSS and but Ford is saying I cannot have Price Protection because I changed the model and the equipment They say 'THE SYSTEM' dropped me out of Price Protection. Folks 'The System' is code for 'nah I don't feel like it's my job to help'. Furthermore they deflected blame to the dealer for not informing me I would lose price protection.. Like the dealers are expected to be experts on some janky last minute program put in place to save face. Ford could easily request a policy sign off as part of an order change. I thought the finger pointing was lame. My dealer (Babbit Ford) has been fine through the whole process.

If I started with a Wildtrack and ended with a Wiltrack and never heard hear a peep from these people between that time, it really doesn't matter if I had a Badlands ordered for a minute or a FORD GT.

How does one escalate this beyond the super friendly and totally unhelpful 'nah I don't feel like it's my job to help' folks you get on the phone over there ?
I told my dealership I would spend the Price protection difference with them if they could help, and I will, but this is a super frustrating. Thanks for making it through my rant, and make sure they don't do the same to you.

Order# 10326017
Order Code 4925
Sales Code F71467
Wondering if the original MY21 to MY22 price protection certificate is still tied to your order number and VIN (if u have one) in the system. If you made any changes post the 3/7/22 date like adding the Hoss 3.0 I believe it stated you lost the 22.5 increase protection. Not sure if the same applies to MY21. Worth calling again and going straight assumptive and ask for your MY21 price protection certificate again. Good luck.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hoss add on doesn't mess with price protection. Changing back to a Wildtrack did. I don't agree with it but they were pretty explicit that changing "series" knocks you out of price protection.

I agree and I also blame his dealership for playing dumb. They are deflecting the blame on Ford.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not Ford fault as it was pretty clearly stated. It sucks to lose out on it as a longtime order holder but it was there in plain english.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if the original MY21 to MY22 price protection certificate is still tied to your order number and VIN (if u have one) in the system. If you made any changes post the 3/7/22 date like adding the Hoss 3.0 I believe it stated you lost the 22.5 increase protection. Not sure if the same applies to MY21. Worth calling again and going straight assumptive and ask for your MY21 price protection certificate again. Good luck.
This right here. If your original reservation number is the same, then it has nothing to do with any system. Their “ system” should recognize the reservation/ order number from the time it was created. Now if those identifiers changed, not good.Good luck, and I hope it works out for you.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree and I also blame his dealership for playing dumb. They are deflecting the blame on Ford.
They're not playing dumb, that's Ford's policy on price protection, and it's been this way since before Bronco. If you change Series (WT>BL etc..), PEP code (331A>334A for instance), or Body Type (E5A>E5C or E5B>E5D etc..) then you lose price protection:

Ford.com said:
Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?

If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.
What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?

An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

Not Ford fault as it was pretty clearly stated. It sucks to lose out on it as a longtime order holder but it was there in plain english.
This right here. If your original reservation number is the same, then it has nothing to do with any system. Their “ system” should recognize the reservation/ order number from the time it was created. Now if those identifiers changed, not good.Good luck, and I hope it works out for you.
It's a limitation of the system, that's why Ford put it on the FAQ.

FWIW, the 2021>2022 Price Protection is a rebate, and you'll likely still qualify for that one, just not the J1>J2 Change.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're not playing dumb, that's Ford's policy on price protection, and it's been this way since before Bronco. If you change Series (WT>BL etc..), PEP code (331A>334A for instance), or Body Type (E5A>E5C or E5B>E5D etc..) then you lose price protection:

It's a limitation of the system, that's why Ford put it on the FAQ.

FWIW, the 2021>2022 Price Protection is a rebate, and you'll likely still qualify for that one, just not the J1>J2 Change.
This is the exact correct answer.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order# 10326017
Order Code 4925
Sales Code F71467
ok we all know price protection is a lie. But you got a Wiltrack with hoss 3.0? if so this my be the first off the line at least the first i seen so far.

OP
OP
Canyon Coolers

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No I just changed my order to get it. I still haven't been scheduled.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright… details needed and I can help un-weave this mess, because you definitely quality for some price protection.
  1. When and what trim did you reserve?
  2. When did you place your MY2021 order?
  3. What did you have on-order as of October 1st, 2021?
  4. When did you initially place your MY2022 order?
  5. What options did you change after March 11th, 2022? Is that when you changed from Badlands back to Wildtrak?

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you changed trim levels you won't get all the price protections. Ford told everyone this.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Canyon Coolers For the record, your 22 cooler fits in the cargo hold of a 2-door longitudinally with the back seat up. You need to be advertising this in the 2-door group and then making a special B6g edition color and I would accept kick-backs for being your spirit guide and inspiration on this marketing campaign.

Anyway, on topic: yea, it's been pretty clear this whole time. But the process has been terrible overall.

Ford Bronco Price Protection Falsehood Rant canyon 22

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah if you JUST changed it then you lost PP. Changes made BEFORE March 7th you would've been fine.
Sponsored