First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
On Friday April 1st, I purchased a 2022 Base 2 Door Bronco. I mentioned the price protection and sales guy said he put an $800.00 "rebate" on the contract. I showed him the price protection chart showing $2,300. He took a picture my phone screen and showed someone. He came back and said I was on a fake Ford website. He said he took my original order from 09/2020 and subtracted it from the 11/2021 reorder and that is how he came up with the $800.00 "rebate".

How does the price protection work?

I called Ford and they said there was nothing they could do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Educ8or78

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, he said it was fake and if it were true he and the general manager would have taken advantage of it.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are a few threads on this from people that posted. You might want to go through those.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
When was it built? There were two price increases, if your VIN was created before the second increase, $800 would be the correct amount...

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the bigger of the two rounds of price protection, the MY22 to MY22.5, doesn't kick in until they start making JOB2 broncos in May

Sponsored

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah the bigger of the two rounds of price protection, the MY22 to MY22.5, doesn't kick in until they start making JOB2 broncos in May
This is incorrect.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is incorrect.
Please correct me then, I hopefully should be in one of the my22.5 price protection groups, I would like to know if something has changed or if I misunderstood Fords communications on the matter.

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please correct me then, I hopefully should be in one of the my22.5 price protection groups, I would like to know if something has changed or if I misunderstood Fords communications on the matter.
MY22.5 price protection applies to orders made prior to the price increase that also were not changed after March 11th and is taken possession of as a 22MY.
I believe it also had to meet the name match requirement.

We were built on 3/29 and will be taking delivery hopefully tomorrow. We qualify for the 22.5MY protection and have already discussed it with the dealership. There are posts all over the forum about people recently picking up and being qualified for the protection.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know why ford made this so difficult. I got the $975 cause it is in their computer. I fought for the 2k but the dealer would not budge even after showing them I was supposed to be getting it. I’m sure they figured it out after I left and I’ll never see that money cause ford sends it to them.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY22.5 price protection applies to orders made prior to the price increase that also were not changed after March 11th and is taken possession of as a 22MY.
I believe it also had to meet the name match requirement.

We were built on 3/29 and will be taking delivery hopefully tomorrow. We qualify for the 22.5MY protection and have already discussed it with the dealership. There are posts all over the forum about people recently picking up and being qualified for the protection.
That sort of makes sense, I was under the impression that stuff made before may would be stickered at the MY22 price and would not "need" the actual price protection and that it was builds may and after that would actually have the price increase on the sticker

Sponsored

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sort of makes sense, I was under the impression that stuff made before may would be stickered at the MY22 price and would not "need" the actual price protection and that it was builds may and after that would actually have the price increase on the sticker
I think it was the 3/21 Build group that first observed window stickers changing and we definitely saw it in the 3/28 group.

We did have an issue with the dealer. They had no idea what we were talking about at first but we asked them to contact their Ford Rep and finally got the info they needed.

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Untrue. Mine stickered in late March at 22.5 price increase. I will have to battle with my dealer for price protection.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know why ford made this so difficult. I got the $975 cause it is in their computer. I fought for the 2k but the dealer would not budge even after showing them I was supposed to be getting it. I’m sure they figured it out after I left and I’ll never see that money cause ford sends it to them.
That was the consensus of what would happen in more than a few cases once Ford came out with this convoluted 'plan'. As to their motivation for making it difficult; It is a real mystery why Ford would make dealers and people jump through hoops and make it likely that a large number of orders will just not follow through (a dealer gets no extra money for claiming the stealth rebate and then cutting a check to the final consumer, they have financial motivation to not do it in fact as it costs them money to process it). Ford would then keep the money owed, sort of a manufacturer ADM...

Yep, a real head-scratcher as to why Ford makes it difficult and confusing.

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was the consensus of what would happen in more than a few cases once Ford came out with this convoluted 'plan'. As to their motivation for making it difficult; It is a real mystery why Ford would make dealers and people jump through hoops and make it likely that a large number of orders will just not follow through (a dealer gets no extra money for claiming the stealth rebate and then cutting a check to the final consumer, they have financial motivation to not do it in fact as it costs them money to process it). Ford would then keep the money owed, sort of a manufacturer ADM...

Yep, a real head-scratcher as to why Ford makes it difficult and confusing.
Because even though ford is a big “sophisticated” manufacturer, it’s still made up of dolts.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it was the 3/21 Build group that first observed window stickers changing and we definitely saw it in the 3/28 group.

We did have an issue with the dealer. They had no idea what we were talking about at first but we asked them to contact their Ford Rep and finally got the info they needed.
Curious - did they give you the credit up front or tell you they would send you a check once the Smart Vincent system updated and the funds were sent to the dealer?
Sponsored