Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved and placed an order on 7/5/21 for a Badlands. The price protection language is a bit confusing and I'm wondering if anyone can help clarify / interpret what it means to my situation. Since I didn't reserve before 3/19/21 but I converted my order with the dealer before am I eligible? I put a $500 deposit down with them and signed a pricing agreement. Unfortunately, I didn't get a copy of it. I've reached out to my dealership, but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm worried I'll be taken advantage of similar to others.

Where the language is ambiguous from Ford's FAQ:

What does price protection for the 2022 MY mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Customers will be issued a certificate that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for their selected series and door configuration for the vehicle they had reserved or on order as of October 1, 2021.
Which one is it? A reservation before March 19th or an order before October 1st? I've searched the forum for an answer to this specific question but haven't come across anything.

If I had to assume an answer it'd be "the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with their selected dealer", but is there anything I can do to keep the integrity of the dealer? I'm worried I don't have much leverage
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your initial order had to be placed on or before March 19th. The price protection certificate dollar amount varies by trim, and it will be based on the trim you had on order as of October 1st.

1. Example: Say you placed an order for a 4dr Badlands on March 3rd and never changed your order. Your price protection certificate is worth $825.
  2. Example: Say you placed an order for a Big Bend on February 14th... then in August 17th you changed your order to a 4-door Wildtrak. Your price protection certificate will be worth $695, as you had a Wildtrak on order as of October 1st.
  3. Example: Say you placed on May 5th. You are after the price protection cutoff date, therefore you do not get any price protection.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The price protection is only for those who had a reservation or order on March 19, 2021.

The amount of the price protection is based off the build in the system on Oct 1, 2021.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You need to get a copy of that pricing agreement, soon.
Sponsored