Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered my Bronco on 1/21/21 and it finally came in, but the price protection is all jacked up! First, it is very unclear how much "price protection" Ford is offering or when I will get it. Then, when I went to go pick up my Bronco today, the dealer said I will get no price protection because my address has changed! I have called Bronco support and they said that I should be able to get price protection honored regardless of the address change. My base bronco had a base price of 28,500 when I ordered and now is is 32,095 base price. So I would think I would get $3595 of price protection based on what Ford promised in fairly plain English. Bronco Support suggested I email the dealer's GM, which I just did and I am waiting to hear back... @Ford Motor Company

Has anyone had a similar experience and have any ideas how to get what was promised?

Happy Trails!
Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey,

I was in the same boat - they had to send in a request to FoMoCo, I believe. I can't remember if I paid up front and am receiving a check or if they gave me the discount and are keeping the rebate... (I know.. I know.. I should remember but if there was a check to be sent, I wrote down a follow-up date in the calendar. I'm a set-it-and-forget-it kind of guy).

You're welcome to call my dealership and ask what they did to see if your dealership can do the same for you: Monaco Ford in Glastonbury, CT

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered my Bronco on 1/21/21 and it finally came in, but the price protection is all jacked up! First, it is very unclear how much "price protection" Ford is offering or when I will get it. Then, when I went to go pick up my Bronco today, the dealer said I will get no price protection because my address has changed! I have called Bronco support and they said that I should be able to get price protection honored regardless of the address change. My base bronco had a base price of 28,500 when I ordered and now is is 32,095 base price. So I would think I would get $3595 of price protection based on what Ford promised in fairly plain English. Bronco Support suggested I email the dealer's GM, which I just did and I am waiting to hear back... @Ford Motor Company

Has anyone had a similar experience and have any ideas how to get what was promised?

Happy Trails!
You can still get Price Protection, it sounds like an uneducated sales person; not their fault, a lot of dealerships are desk stores, which contain order takers... anyways

Price Protection follows the customer by First Name & Last Name/Address; It even transfers to your spouse or relative who lives within the household. If you need to prove prior address, previous insurance policy will do just fine, plus other official documents(mortgage statements, rent, etc.) Price Protection is very new to many Ford Dealers still and they don't understand.

EDIT:

Your dealer will have to contact VOPC if they don't receive their payment, and verify that you are still the original order holder.

Ford Bronco Price Protection Nightmare 1667513217007

OP
OP
donniesp

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the info @JoshuaPrieto I am back to waiting patiently. I feel like I may lose it, but at this point if that happens it is what it is.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
donniesp

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks Ron, looking at this reminds me of a question I had about the content, particularly the 3 columns. My BASE order had a base MSRP of 28500 and my vehicle base MSRP is 32095 that is 3595, and the 3 columns for base add up to 2800 which is a 795 discrepancy. The emails from ford and the FAQ state pretty plainly that the MSRP price will be protected, so why the 795 discrepancy?

budnr22

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer is simply honoring the price at the time I made the order.

OP
OP
donniesp

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If only it were that easy for me. I think MOST people are getting that experience. I am not, best case I get 800 off and MAYBE a check from Ford for $2000, which is still ~800 off what Ford promised. But now, I can't get anything off because my address changed. I think they are just sweating people out of their deals, but that makes no sense because they can mark them up however they wish....

OP
OP
donniesp

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my end state after contacting Ford and the dealer gm was I accepted 2300 off from the dealer because I didnā€™t want to lose the vehicle. My OG msrp was 28500 for a base I ended up paying 29795 base price. So I paid 1295 more than what ford promised. 1395 if you count the extra 100 in shippingā€¦ Buyers beware! You may be faced with a tough decision! Itā€™s not the end of the world, but left a bitter taste in my mouth!! That said, I LOVE my bronco so far!!
Ford Bronco support is fine but not really empowered to do anything, nor did I ever hear back from the ā€˜escalationā€™ they put in on my behalf. Iā€™m going to continue to pursue Ford because I definitely would consider an equivalent amount of FordPass points a total/final resolution.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, Granger gave us a hard time about price protection on my wife's Bronco. Sadly, we were in the low 40's on thier list, but my wife as so pissed she decided to cancel.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can still get Price Protection, it sounds like an uneducated sales person; not their fault, a lot of dealerships are desk stores, which contain order takers... anyways

Price Protection follows the customer by First Name & Last Name/Address; It even transfers to your spouse or relative who lives within the household. If you need to prove prior address, previous insurance policy will do just fine, plus other official documents(mortgage statements, rent, etc.) Price Protection is very new to many Ford Dealers still and they don't understand.

EDIT:

Your dealer will have to contact VOPC if they don't receive their payment, and verify that you are still the original order holder.

1667513217007.png

So glad to see this comment.
Moved out of state during the process and my certificate is in my name tied to original address. I was panicking over whether the cert needed to be updated. Ford Customer Service did not make it sound like it had to be, but it would depend on dealership. She gave me my cert # and price protection amount on cert.
I spoke to dealership and they said I just need to have certificate number and that will help them look it up when my Bronco comes in. My blend date was yesterday, so I am trying to have all of my ducks in a row before I show up to get my baby.
Sponsored

Last edited: