Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I called Ford customer support to see if I could determine my price protection for my day one, hour one reservation that I converted to a Raptor order. After nicely explaining my circumstances, day one, hour one and that I had my configuration set on February 26th but my dealer couldn’t get into the system on March 9th or the 10th and had business out of town the 11th through the 13th and ordered it from a 99’ed order on the 14th she said let’s see what your price protection is. She took my information and came back to tell me I’ve got a $250 credit. I started laughing and said yeah that’s my reservation deposit and the $$$ they gave me for taking away the Raptor sticker option I had checked.

Things went quickly downhill from there.

I did start to get an understanding of how price protection works. You go to your dealer and renegotiate your purchase agreement based on the 2023 pricing. Then when the unit comes in the protection credit is applied to the new 2023 agreement. In my case $250.

what an F’n joke. Ford couldn’t even entice us with any new features. Even the damn graphic package that I splurged for is exactly the same!

JOKE JOKE JOKE.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is NO WAY on a $5k price increase that price protection is $250.
That’s what she told me mine was. She said everyone’s was different. I asked what others were and she told me she couldn’t tell me.

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Needless to say I’m pissed! I was already stretching my budget to the absolute max with an 86K purchase on a ‘22. Now Ford wants me to pay an additional 7K on the exact same machine that they couldn’t produce for me in ‘22.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford hasn't announced what price protection will look like exactly for 2023MY. They said there will be price protection, but neither we nor the dealers have gotten details yet.

And devil is always in the details with this sorta stuff.

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same boat. I am a day 1 (july 13 2020) holder. Converted to a raptor when we could, wasn’t schedule and now converted again for a 2023 but dealer says it probably won’t be price protected (but to be confirmed) and I have to eat 7K increase just because of Ford despite I am a day 1 res holder….
In Ford website on the FAQ it says Raptor not eligible for protection.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes price protection went away when you went from your reservation that was converted to an order and then GT for a Raptor. Raptor cost much more than what ever your order was. However now that Raptors are being pushed to 23 I feel the 22 Raptor order should be protected when pushed to 23. Hopefully Ford will do the right thing.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same boat. I am a day 1 (july 13 2020) holder. Converted to a raptor when we could, wasn’t schedule and now converted again for a 2023 but dealer says it probably won’t be price protected (but to be confirmed) and I have to eat 7K increase just because of Ford despite I am a day 1 res holder….
In Ford website on the FAQ it says Raptor not eligible for protection.
Seems pretty clear to me.

Ford Bronco Price protection on pushed Raptors. 1664107615415

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Price protection on pushed Raptors. 1664107836258

When taking the special edition question out of context it seems like there is no protection for Raptors - HOWEVER, the Heritage Limited DID not exits yet - so if you are SWTICHING to Raptor or HLE then there is no protection is how I read this. Price protection will be based on March 11th ORDER status. Personally, for me that is a little troublesome because my order was not updated in the system until March 20, 2022. It also sounds like alot of it is on the dealer to find the certificate (which will likely be in the form of a rebate at purchase completion)

So if you had a Raptor all along there should be PP, if you switched anytime after 3/11/22 then there won't be. Not a lawyer and I don't think an FAQ doc qualifies as a binding term or condition - but that's my take on it.

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Seems pretty clear to me.

Ford Bronco Price protection on pushed Raptors. 1664107836258
This says ‘switching to’. When I switched from a Badlands to the Raptor I lost the $900 (or whatever it was) price protection. I’d bet a dollar that they will price protect the Raptors that were bumped

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have asked my salesman to look into this and my dealer is pretty good. If there is a Warthog PP to be had on they will find it. I will update once this post or create a new one when they get back to me.

BTW .. My order was submitted on 3/10 and it was based on an allocation and not a GT

Ford Bronco Price protection on pushed Raptors. 1664110072388

1664107836258.png

When taking the special edition question out of context it seems like there is no protection for Raptors - HOWEVER, the Heritage Limited DID not exits yet - so if you are SWTICHING to Raptor or HLE then there is no protection is how I read this. Price protection will be based on March 11th ORDER status. Personally, for me that is a little troublesome because my order was not updated in the system until March 20, 2022. It also sounds like alot of it is on the dealer to find the certificate (which will likely be in the form of a rebate at purchase completion)

So if you had a Raptor all along there should be PP, if you switched anytime after 3/11/22 then there won't be. Not a lawyer and I don't think an FAQ doc qualifies as a binding term or condition - but that's my take on it.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have asked my salesman to look into this and my dealer is pretty good. If there is a Warthog PP to be had on they will find it. I will update once this post or create a new one when they get back to me.

BTW .. My order was submitted on 3/10 and it was based on an allocation and not a GT

Ford Bronco Price protection on pushed Raptors. 1664110072388
Yeah mine was based on an allocation for performance and I don't think it got confirmed until after the 10th 11th cuz that's when I believe order banks reopened for golden ticket Raptors. I mean I'm not happy about it if I don't get price protection definitely not going to be a showstopper for me at this point just puts a little crimp in the accessory budget.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
100% .. the increase of $5,280 in 2023 will not stop me from buying one.

I am already preparing myself that PP will not exist and have decided to eat rice 7-days a week instead of the usual 5-days a week to save some $$

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah mine was based on an allocation for performance and I don't think it got confirmed until after the 10th 11th cuz that's when I believe order banks reopened for golden ticket Raptors. I mean I'm not happy about it if I don't get price protection definitely not going to be a showstopper for me at this point just puts a little crimp in the accessory budget.
Sponsored