Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
I placed a reservation on 8/23/20 and placed a order for 2 door base with 2.7 and Sasquatch for 2021 but when I reorder for 2022 I changed to BigBend with 2.7 and Sasquatch so did I lose my price protection when I switched from base to BB and if so can I just switch back .
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Someone with more knowledge may have more insight but I am under the impression that changing trim level negates price protection and once lost it is lost

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Changes after March 11th this year will leave you in the cold...

1663847187216.png
Is there a new PGM# for MY2022.5 -> MY23? I noticed my 4DR BD Auto is now $3k more than my original invoice.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed a reservation on 8/23/20 and placed a order for 2 door base with 2.7 and Sasquatch for 2021 but when I reorder for 2022 I changed to BigBend with 2.7 and Sasquatch so did I lose my price protection when I switched from base to BB and if so can I just switch back .
You should qualify as is.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MY'23 Order Holder FAQ supersedes past communications. The Ford Video Guy's info was correct at the time. It is no longer. No PP is negated or lost for MY'23 unless you opt for the Limited Heritage Edition or the Raptor. The PP private offer in Smart Vincent for MY'23 will be based on the order prior to 3/11/22. Make the changes that you need to. Your PP will not increase to reflect the changes. But you won't lose them either.

Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The MY'23 Order Holder FAQ supersedes past communications. The Ford Video Guy's info was correct at the time. It is no longer. No PP is negated or lost for MY'23 unless you opt for the Limited Heritage Edition or the Raptor. The PP private offer in Smart Vincent for MY'23 will be based on the order prior to 3/11/22. Make the changes that you need to. Your PP will not increase to reflect the changes. But you won't lose them either.
I saw, on the Ford website, that price protection carries over even if you switch to a Heritage edition, which I may do. My original order was for an Outer Banks on 12/8/21. Original MSRP was $53,200. The Heritage edition I would order prices out at $47,600. How would price protection carry over as the MSRP of the Heritage is less. Am I going to get a PP voucher that I can apply to the Heritage?

F3A97895-BA41-4ACF-BBC7-988E6C21A613.png

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw, on the Ford website, that price protection carries over even if you switch to a Heritage edition, which I may do. My original order was for an Outer Banks on 12/8/21. Original MSRP was $53,200. The Heritage edition I would order prices out at $47,600. How would price protection carry over as the MSRP of the Heritage is less. Am I going to get a PP voucher that I can apply to the Heritage?

Ford Bronco Price protection question F3A97895-BA41-4ACF-BBC7-988E6C21A613
When anyone gets a PP private offer it is for the difference of the locked build. If the MY'22 locked build is X and the same MY'23 build is Y then the PP cert (Z) would be for the difference Y-X = Z (rough ballpark math). According to the MY'23 Order Holder FAQ that PP can be applied to new orders with changes including switching to the Standard HE and the Everglades.

*Note: pre-3/19/21 order holders PP cert will vary as Ford will account for earlier PP amounts.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
When anyone gets a PP private offer it is for the difference of the locked build. If the MY'22 locked build is X and the same MY'23 build is Y then the PP cert (Z) would be for the difference Y-X = Z (rough ballpark math). According to the MY'23 Order Holder FAQ that PP can be applied to new orders with changes including switching to the Standard HE and the Everglades.

*Note: pre-3/19/21 order holders PP cert will vary as Ford will account for earlier PP amounts.
I saw that but it seems to good to be true. The difference in price between my 2022 and 2023 Outer Banks MSRP is about $2400. So, theoretically, Ford will issue a price protection certificate for me in the amount of $2400. The Heritage I priced out comes to $47,600. Would Ford let me keep this $2400 certificate and apply it to the Heritage, if and when it actually shows up, and sell me the Heritage for $45,200?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw that but it seems to good to be true. The difference in price between my 2022 and 2023 Outer Banks MSRP is about $2400. So, theoretically, Ford will issue a price protection certificate for me in the amount of $2400. The Heritage I priced out comes to $47,600. Would Ford let me keep this $2400 certificate and apply it to the Heritage, if and when it actually shows up, and sell me the Heritage for $45,200?
Well, we all know that Ford's word is as good as the paper it is written on. For those here long enough, we know that Ford communicated that Broncos would be built in reservation timestamp order. And then, Ford updated their communication to introduce allocations. There are plenty of archived examples posted here to show that Ford said one thing and changed it.

We can only go by what is conveyed in the recent communication. For some, the math would reflect a greater savings by switching trims. In the past, Ford said that negated the PP. With the most recent communication, it is clear that it does not and can indeed be applied to those switching trims.

In the end, Ford will do what it wants to do. They will change the communication as it suits their needs. We'll find out soon when Ford does it's kung-fu math and loads the certificates in Smart Vincent.

OP
OP

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought last year that if you changed trim you still got price protection but reading Fords FAQ it sounds like you dont and did not last year thats why I asked .did anyone who changed there trim last year that got there Bronco not get price protection.

Sponsored

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How about if I qualify for the PP, because I converted my reservation to order prior to 3/19/21, but still opted to get the modular bumper for 575.
Does it negate the voucher, or reduce the voucher?

OP
OP

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How about if I qualify for the PP, because I converted my reservation to order prior to 3/19/21, but still opted to get the modular bumper for 575.
Does it negate the voucher, or reduce the voucher?
How about the Sasquatch do people get price protection on that sense it went up in price.
Sponsored