Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can someone add some fidelity to the various Price Protections (PP)? Thought I had it figured out and it was pretty cut and dry. But dealer is saying I might not qualify for all of them.

I have looked over the various threads here on it, reviewed the 2022 Bronco Price Protection Incentive (PGM #38406) and read Ford’s FAQ on the subject (both attached). There seems to be some discrepancies in the dollar amounts between documents and what my dealer says I am entitled too.

I reserved in Jul 2020, ordered in Jul 2021 (though technically dealer submitted my order in Feb 2021 that I was unaware of – I have proof) and re-ordered in Oct 2021. My window sticker came in at $1600 over my MY2021 Preview Order sheet and $1350 over my MY2022 Preview Order sheet.

So first there is $250 PP going form MY 2021 to 2022. This makes sense between the price increase in my two Preview Order sheets and my dealer say I qualify for this. However, there is PGM #38406 says that the PP is $250-975 for all models and Ford’s FAQ that has various PP dollar amounts for each model. In my case (OBX -4 door) it is $1500. My dealer says at the “dealership level” I do not qualify for this but they are checking with Ford.

What is the actual amount of this secondary PP since there seems to be two different dollar amounts? How do I help the dealership see that I qualify for this?

I sent the FAQ to them that mentioned it was up to the dealer to get the certificate. But as I mentioned, they said I didn’t qualify. I am reservation (and technically order) holder prior to Mar 2021. Any reason why I might not qualify? The FAQ seem pretty unambiguous. Awaiting their answer on why I don’t qualify.

Thanks.

Ford Bronco Price Protection Refresher needed Price Protection (PMG#38406) 1 of 2.pdf

Ford Bronco Price Protection Refresher needed Price Protection (PMG#38406) 2 of 2
Sponsored

Attachments

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are three groups people will be in:

1. If you initially ordered/reserved before March 19th, 2021, you are locked into MY2021 pricing. This was a special price protection program specifically for the Bronco, and is the program you posted above in your screenshot.
  2. If you initially reserved/ordered after March 19th, 2021 but before March 8th, 2022… you qualify for the standard Ford retail price protection. Your price is locked to the MY2022 pricing.
  3. If you ordered after March 11th, 2022, you are current locked into the MY2022.5 pricing.
Some added into:
  • The final price is ultimately between you and your dealer.
  • Price protection does not apply to special trims, such as the Bronco Raptor or the Bronco Everglades.
  • Any price protection you have will not be reflected on your window sticker. This is done just in case the vehicle is ultimately not sold to you.
  • For those in the 1st group, your price protection comes in the form of a certificate which is applied to your order at the time of purchase. The dollar amount of the certificate you receive is based on the trim you had on order as of October 1st, 2021.
  • For those in the 2nd group, your retail price protection is based on the MY2022 vehicle you ordered. If you make major changes to your order, such as changing the trim or package level, you may lose your price protection and get bumped to the MY2022.5 pricing.
  • For those in the 1st group, your price protection expires at the end of the 2023 model year (~Dec 2023).
  • For those in groups 2 & 3, your price protection expires at the end of the 2022 model year (~Dec 2022).

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TL;DR… if you had a 4-door Outer Banks reserved/ordered before March 19th, 2021, you qualify for a $1,500 price protection.

The first $250 was for the price increase from MY2021 to MY2022. The remaining $1,250 was the price increase from MY2022 to MY2022.5. The $250 price protection certificate should come through the VINCENT system. The other $1,250 should just be the standard Ford retail price protection for having your MY2022 order in before March 8th, 2022.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TL;DR… if you had a 4-door Outer Banks reserved/ordered before March 19th, 2021, you qualify for a $1,500 price protection.

The first $250 was for the price increase from MY2021 to MY2022. The remaining $1,250 was the price increase from MY2022 to MY2022.5 . The $250 price protection certificate should come through the VINCENT system. The other $1,250 should just be the standard Ford retail price protection for having your MY2022 order in before March 8th, 2022.
Thanks. Good info and that is what I thought.

But do you know why there is a discrepancies in PGM ($975) and FAQ ($1500)? And how do I get the dealer to honor that MY2022 to MY2022.5 PP?

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

There are three groups people will be in:

1. If you initially ordered/reserved before March 19th, 2021, you are locked into MY2021 pricing. This was a special price protection program specifically for the Bronco, and is the program you posted above in your screenshot.
  2. If you initially reserved/ordered after March 19th, 2021 but before March 8th, 2022… you qualify for the standard Ford retail price protection. Your price is locked to the MY2022 pricing.
  3. If you ordered after March 8th, 2022, you are current locked into the MY2022.5 pricing.
Some added into:
  • The final price is ultimately between you and your dealer.
  • Price protection does not stack with A/Z/D plans. (Or X-plan, but thus far the Bronco hasn’t been eligible for X-plan.)
  • Price protection does not apply to special trims, such as the Bronco Raptor or the Bronco Everglades.
  • Any price protection you have will not be reflected on your window sticker. This is done just in case the vehicle is ultimately not sold to you.
  • For those in the 1st group, your price protection comes in the form of a certificate which is applied to your order at the time of purchase. The dollar amount of the certificate you receive is based on the trim you had on order as of October 1st, 2021.
  • For those in the 2nd group, your retail price protection is based on the MY2022 vehicle you ordered. If you make major changes to your order, such as changing the trim or package level, you may lose your price protection and get bumped to the MY2022.5 pricing.
  • For those in the 1st group, your price protection expires at the end of the 2023 model year (~Dec 2023).
  • For those in groups 2 & 3, your price protection expires at the end of the 2022 model year (~Dec 2022).
As to the expiration dates...what if your car is not built prior? I'm in group 2 but not confident my car will be built by year's end!

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Good info and that is what I thought.

But do you know why there is a discrepancies in PGM ($975) and FAQ ($1500)? And how do I get the dealer to honor that MY2022 to MY2022.5 PP?
The FAQ website is listing your total price protection amount, which is the price protection program for early reservation holders AND the retail price protection for MY2022.5.

The price protection program had a range based on what you ordered as of October 1st, but is available for all trims. Some trims only got $250 price protection (4Dr. Base, BB, OBX), with the maximum amount being $975 if you had the 2Dr Badlands on order. So…. say… for example… you originally ordered a 2-door Badlands. You’ve since gotten married and had a kid, and you switched your order to a 4-door Outer Banks. Your Outer Banks order would still qualify for the full $975 price protection certificate since you had a 2-door Badlands on order as of Oct 1st, 2021.
As to the expiration dates...what if your car is not built prior? I'm in group 2 but not confident my car will be built by year's end!
Your order will expire at the end of the MY2022 final scheduling and probably will automatically be converted to a unconfirmed MY2023 order that is comparable to your MY2022 order. You will then have to go back to your dealer, confirm your MY2023 order details, come to an agreement on pricing, etc. etc.

Unless Ford offers another price protection program, your MSRP pricing will be whatever MY2023 pricing will be.

Again, MSRP ≠ Final Sales Price. Final sales price is ultimately between you and your dealer.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay. So here is the latest from my dealer. See the PGM (I assume) below. I have asked for the full PGM. They said I actually needed to make in series or door to my Bronco to get this price protection. That doesn't make sense. I have not changed my order since I first ordered it.

So back to my original question now? What do i reference to the dealer for the secondary price protection? PGM 38406 or something else? And is it $975 or $1500?

DateMar-29-2022
OverviewFord Division is announcing 2022-Model Bronco Price Protection II, effective February 28, 2022.

To provide additional Price Protection coverage for the Mid Year Pricing actions (EDC09888) on 22MY Bronco, certain customers who originally ordered or reserved a 21MY Bronco by March 19, 2021, were required to re-order a 22MY, and made a change* to their scheduled 22MY order after March 11, 2022, will be provided the following offer. This offer is in addition to the offer in program 38406.

The offer amount varies by customer and is based on each customer's 21MY order/reservation configuration as of October 1, 2021. The offer and amount will apply to the purchase or lease of a 22MY Bronco (excluding Bronco Raptor and Everglades).

To verify each customer's offer amount, please utilize the Smart Vincent certificate inquiry screen.

This offer is eligible towards the purchase of a new 2022 MY Bronco vehicle. Supplies are limited. Certificate based on Trim/Series and 2-Door/4-Door combinations as of October 1, 2021. Eligible customer's Ford Bronco SUV must be reserved or on order as of March 19, 2021 and a change* made to the order after March 11, 2022 to qualify.

If a customer did not make a change to their 22MY order after March 11, 2022, they will not be subject to the invoice price increase and dealers should utilize the existing Price Protection process.

Excludes all other Ford & Lincoln models. May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D Plan eligible. Transferable within household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place 22MY order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford Dealer’s stock by 1/3/2023.

Bronco Raptor and Everglades are not eligible for this program

This program IS compatible with 38406

*Changes subjecting the order to the new Pricing include series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system edits.

Dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #38446 and customer ID.

NOTE:

To verify customer certificates and eligibility please utilize Smart VINCENT Certificate Inquiry screen.

- Final Paid Vehicles are eligible.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying to figure this out now since my Bronco Black Diamond finally hit "in production". I reserved 9/16/20 but did not place an order until 5/17/21 tbh I can't remember why but I think I was waiting on info about the mod top, that eventually got dropped.

By being reserved in '20 am I covered under the price protection? Or am I not because I actually placed the order after the March deadline? And if it makes any different my "re-order" for '22 was done a few days after the order banks reopened. (Sometime in October).

My gut tells me from reading the replies that I am protected under the '21 prices because of my reservation but am unsure which takes precedent it or the order.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The first $250 was for the price increase from MY2021 to MY2022. The remaining $1,250 was the price increase from MY2022 to MY2022.5. The $250 price protection certificate should come through the VINCENT system. The other $1,250 should just be the standard Ford retail price protection for having your MY2022 order in before March 8th, 2022.
The price protection program had a range based on what you ordered as of October 1st, but is available for all trims. Some trims only got $250 price protection (4Dr. Base, BB, OBX), with the maximum amount being $975 if you had the 2Dr Badlands on order. So…. say… for example… you originally ordered a 2-door Badlands. You’ve since gotten married and had a kid, and you switched your order to a 4-door Outer Banks. Your Outer Banks order would still qualify for the full $975 price protection certificate since you had a 2-door Badlands on order as of Oct 1st, 2021.
Above you said $1500. Sorry if I am missing something. Trying to figure out what document raises the price protection from $250 to either $975 or $1500.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My gut tells me from reading the replies that I am protected under the '21 prices because of my reservation but am unsure which takes precedent it or the order.
That is the way I read the FAQ, it is either the reservation or order. Both should qualify.

Right now though I have the $250 PP. But my dealer says I do not qualify for the other even though I reserved and (technically) ordered before Mar 2021.

Sponsored

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to figure this out now since my Bronco Black Diamond finally hit "in production". I reserved 9/16/20 but did not place an order until 5/17/21 tbh I can't remember why but I think I was waiting on info about the mod top, that eventually got dropped.

By being reserved in '20 am I covered under the price protection? Or am I not because I actually placed the order after the March deadline? And if it makes any different my "re-order" for '22 was done a few days after the order banks reopened. (Sometime in October).

I believe if u read the fine print as a reservation holder you are protected. Unless u made changes to your order like adding the Hoss 3.0 after 3/7. At least that is what my dealer noted w my 1/17 bulle hopefully arriving in late June/July.

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of mine a couple weeks ago. First day reservation, 4dr BL. The dealer put a portion of the price protection on my deal ($8XX, which was the first step of price protection), then said Ford would evaluate the rest and send it in the form of a check. That was backed up by the person I spoke to via Ford Chat. Does that help?

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Additionally, is PGM #38406 used only for the $250 PP?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe if u read the fine print as a reservation holder you are protected. Unless u made changes to your order like adding the Hoss 3.0 after 3/7. At least that is what my dealer noted w my 1/17 bulle hopefully arriving in late June/July.
Nope the only thing I changed was dropping the tow package and I checked my texts to be sure that was on March 1,2022.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took delivery of mine a couple weeks ago. First day reservation, 4dr BL. The dealer put a portion of the price protection on my deal ($8XX, which was the first step of price protection), then said Ford would evaluate the rest and send it in the form of a check. That was backed up by the person I spoke to via Ford Chat. Does that help?
Maybe - maybe not. My dealer says I do not qualify for anything above $250. So can't even get to the part on how it will be put into practice.
Sponsored