Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So what I have posted in posts # 1 & 7 are the PGMs for the PP programs that RagnarKon and I reference. He goes on to explain how they work (post #16) and these are ones that have certificates. As for the straight MY 22 to MY 22.5 he says that it is standard "retail" price protection. There is no certificate up front. His post #21 explains how to get this "retail" PP.
Sponsored

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So here is the final results of all this for me.

Basically, I copied RagnarKon's post #21 (sorry, hope you don't mind) and sent an email this morning to the Rep. Said this is how this should work for you. They called back and talked a lot about there is "different layers to the Bronco price protections." Not sure what they were getting at but then said they would honor the original order sheet among a deal we made to do it. So done in about 10 minutes on the phone and thus no hassles when picking it up later in the day.

So all said and done, our MSRP was at the MY22 price increase not the MY22.5 price. But with PGM 38406 price protection, they rebated $350 ($250 for vehicle and $100 for D&D). So new price was back down to original MSRP when ordered back in 2021.

So good ending here.

Thank to the community here for their assistance.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reserved July 2020. Ordered March 17 and Oct 16.

I picked up my OBX last week. My dealer honored the MSRP at the time of order minus the $250 OBX MY21 cert. That seems to be the way it ought to work. I've seen lots of pretty bad stories on here though. Glad it worked out for you.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer honored the MSRP at the time of order minus the $250 OBX MY21 cert. That seems to be the way it ought to work.
You would think.

piazzmic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sasquatch Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an early 2021 badlands reservation and placed an order on 3/2/22. No changes were made.

My my21-my22 price protection certificate for $825 is good to go but my badlands showed up with MY22.5 pricing on the window. Can anyone help with what I need to tell them to do for the MY22-MY22.5 price protection for $1,750?

thanks all!

Sponsored
OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had an early 2021 badlands reservation and placed an order on 3/2/22. No changes were made.

My my21-my22 price protection certificate for $825 is good to go but my badlands showed up with MY22.5 pricing on the window. Can anyone help with what I need to tell them to do for the MY22-MY22.5 price protection for $1,750?

thanks all!
I am pretty sure they know what to do but I think they are going to play dumb until shown otherwise. But whether they really do or don't know (😉) I used the info in post #21 to inform them of I how should get the additional MY22.5 "retail" price protection (post #32). Key word "retail." My dealer agreed to the original agreement MY22 pricing then applied the MY21 proce protection certificate - netting me the original pricing I had when I first reserved back in Jul 2020. Don't know if I truly informed them or not.

OP
OP
603BB

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Three price protections:
PGM38406 - certificate (you probably qualify for this) - see post #1 for overview
PGM38446 - certificate (probably don't qualify for this) - see post #7 for overview
"retail" price protection - no certificate - see post #21 for overview

PGM - no idea

D&D - Destination and delivery

They shouldn't have to call. They should already know this. However, my dealer did call the regional rep because they said they were unaware of the MY22.5 pricing protection. After the call they said that I did not qualify for the MY22.5 protection by citing PGM38446. I told them I don't disagree with that assessment because I don't fall into that category. It is the "Retail" price protection that I qualified for. With the help @RagnarKon, I made my case and they came around. Btw, I worked out all the numbers on the phone before I ever showed up. That way I could enjoy the process of closing on my Bronco buy.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad it worked out @603BB !

Also for those who stumble across this in the future… found a really good YouTube channel that goes into all of this in greater detail than I did here. He’s got a bunch of videos on a variety of Ford vehicles, but just search for Bronco and all of the Bronco-specific videos should pop up.

https://youtube.com/c/LongMcArthurSalina

I believe @FordVideoGuy runs this channel.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So if one ordered a Base 2-door, the values should be

MY21 to 22 - $800
MY22 to 22.5 - $1500

And since I missed the March 19 cutoff by a week, I should expect a price increase of $800 over my original DORA, but the "retail price protection" covers the dealer for the other 1500.

Correct?

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can someone add some fidelity to the various Price Protections (PP)? Thought I had it figured out and it was pretty cut and dry. But dealer is saying I might not qualify for all of them.

I have looked over the various threads here on it, reviewed the 2022 Bronco Price Protection Incentive (PGM #38406) and read Ford’s FAQ on the subject (both attached). There seems to be some discrepancies in the dollar amounts between documents and what my dealer says I am entitled too.

I reserved in Jul 2020, ordered in Jul 2021 (though technically dealer submitted my order in Feb 2021 that I was unaware of – I have proof) and re-ordered in Oct 2021. My window sticker came in at $1600 over my MY2021 Preview Order sheet and $1350 over my MY2022 Preview Order sheet.

So first there is $250 PP going form MY 2021 to 2022. This makes sense between the price increase in my two Preview Order sheets and my dealer say I qualify for this. However, there is PGM #38406 says that the PP is $250-975 for all models and Ford’s FAQ that has various PP dollar amounts for each model. In my case (OBX -4 door) it is $1500. My dealer says at the “dealership level” I do not qualify for this but they are checking with Ford.

What is the actual amount of this secondary PP since there seems to be two different dollar amounts? How do I help the dealership see that I qualify for this?

I sent the FAQ to them that mentioned it was up to the dealer to get the certificate. But as I mentioned, they said I didn’t qualify. I am reservation (and technically order) holder prior to Mar 2021. Any reason why I might not qualify? The FAQ seem pretty unambiguous. Awaiting their answer on why I don’t qualify.

Thanks.

Price Protection (PMG#38406) 1 of 2.pdf.jpeg

Price Protection (PMG#38406) 2 of 2.jpeg
I had same thing happen. They just told me I didn’t qualify. Dealers are scum.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if one ordered a Base 2-door, the values should be

MY21 to 22 - $800
MY22 to 22.5 - $1500

And since I missed the March 19 cutoff by a week, I should expect a price increase of $800 over my original DORA, but the "retail price protection" covers the dealer for the other 1500.

Correct?
Yup, this is correct.

Your MSRP will be whatever the MSRP cost is when you re-submitted your order as a 2022MY. Which, as long as you did it before March 11th, 2022, will be $1500 less than the prices that are currently on Build & Price.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

piazzmic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sasquatch Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t change my order after February but it showed up with a window stick showing the current (MY2022.5) price. My dealer gave me the price on my build sheet (which was MY2022) but wouldn’t give me the 21 to 22 price protection certificate on top of that because they said that was a part of the 22 to 22.5 price change and they were “eating the rest to do the right thing”.
So basically via a round about way they gave me the 22 to 22.5 protection but not the 21 to 22 amount so I got shorted the $825 (badlands).

kind of crummy but the whole process has been convoluted.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They make this shit confusing. I was not a reservation holder, ordered 4 dr Badlands October 13th 2022, made NO changes to my order other than correcting the keypad missing within a week of initial order. Window sticker is $58,320(about $1300 more than my initial order) of $57050. Its waiting for a truck to deliver it but the dealership gave final pricing sheets and the price was $57070 so they must have applied the $1250 Price Protection. They didn't need me to even bring it up.
Sponsored