dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone have their dealership refuse to honor price protection even after providing them with a price protection certificate number from Ford?

Dealership said I didn't qualify for pice protection. I called Ford's Bronco support Team, they looked up my info , said I qualified based on my
reservation number/order placed and gave me a price protection certificate number. Dealership still says I don't qualify for price protection.
Sponsored

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have their dealership refuse to honor price protection even after providing them with a price protection certificate number from Ford?

Dealership said I didn't qualify for pice protection. I called Ford's Bronco support Team, they looked up my info , said I qualified based on my
reservation number/order placed and gave me a price protection certificate number. Dealership still says I don't qualify for price protection.
I think it's a matter of them not understanding the process (and being too lazy to figure it out). I mentioned in a few other threads, but I had a lot of trouble getting both of mine. Finally worked out but not before I showed my ass (just a bit of it). Ask them to call their regional Ford rep - and for good measure, ask if you can be on that call as I'd doubt they'd ask the right questions.

Sponsored

Drabon74

Black Diamond
First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner(2007 & 2021)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s the ford # to call?

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's nuts. I just got a different bronco, the one I ordered (2 years to the month). I told them I didn't want it so they marked it up and put it on the lot.

I changed my mind and went and looked at it and decided I did want it. I got it for sticker plus 980 dollars off for some rebate they were having and since they ceramic coated it and I told them I didn't want that, they didn't charge me for it.

I understand marking up inventory (because supply and demand) but if you had price protection, they absolutely need to honor it. Call ford. Sounds like a crappy dealer.

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Price protection comes from Ford based on the base price of your model trim , not total MSRP. Dealer has to request certificate from Ford via Ford’s Smart Vincent system. Dealer transaction/sell price is separate and not related.

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think the dealer wants to pocket the difference.

Mine hasn't gotten built yet, but asked about price protection and my dealer said in essence I had to pay whatever the price was, and that ford later issues a credit, that I will have no paperwork. It feels sketchy. My experience is that taking anything off a lot that isn't clear in paperwork will never be honored.

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Report the dealership to Ford customer care team. Also share their name here.

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to my dealer about a month ago to change some stuff on my build and when the price changed for updated prices my dealer said they would take the price down to what it was before. I signed the paper but I guess we will see when the day comes.

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
+1 on having them call their rep. It was how we got through our issues with the price portection.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

report them to ford and find different dealer
translation, waste your time, find out you can't transfer orders anymore, cancel your order and start over with a new dealer and wait for another year. Great advice.
Sponsored