Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey All,
Lots of price protection threads, but the goal of this one is to figure out what exactly needs to be done to get price protection with AXZD pricing, in case of an unknowledgeable or pushy dealer.

In the AXZD form, it says
Ford Bronco Price Protection with AXZD Plan Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 10.00.25 AM

I personally have an escape and bronco on order with X and A plan, and would like to know what the dealer needs to do honor the Plan price at the time of order, not delivery. Also, are there specific models that are/aren't affected? Both my escape and bronco have increased in price since time of order.

@FordVideoGuy you seem to be best in the business - do you have any knowledge on this?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you're eligible for price protection at the time of the order you should get the money back, though I'm not sure what you can do to convince them to advance the difference back to you up front given the AXZD form gives them the out of cutting you the check after the sale closes in lieu of taking it off upfront and waiting for the reimbursement from Ford for this 30-45 days after the sale completed to the original ordering customer.
Previously it was almost always taken off up front, but now it seems like they don't want to do so and aren't required to based on the wording of the plan price agreement form.

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey All,
Lots of price protection threads, but the goal of this one is to figure out what exactly needs to be done to get price protection with AXZD pricing, in case of an unknowledgeable or pushy dealer.

Ford Bronco Price Protection with AXZD Plan Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 10.00.25 AM

I personally have an escape and bronco on order with X and A plan, and would like to know what the dealer needs to do honor the Plan price at the time of order, not delivery. Also, are there specific models that are/aren't affected? Both my escape and bronco have increased in price since time of order.

@FordVideoGuy you seem to be best in the business - do you have any knowledge on this?

Thanks in advance.
It's very simple if it was ordered as a plan pricing (any of them). They just need to use the price on the original order sheet from the time they ordered the Bronco. Dealer will be paid back by Ford in their Dealer Payment Statement. Usually takes 45-60 days.
Ford Bronco Price Protection with AXZD Plan Screenshot_20220504-122821_Drive

If it wasn't ordered as plan pricing then the dealer needs to compare the invoices on the current and original and take that difference off the current plan pricing.

If you have a 21 that rolled into 22 then you will receive some of your difference in form of private cash from the smartvincent. Make sure they use the Protect Date instead of sale date.
Ford Bronco Price Protection with AXZD Plan Screenshot_20220413-114654_Gallery

I did a video discussing the Bronco Job 2 price increase that could be helpful.

OP
OP

pmi3

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's very simple if it was ordered as a plan pricing (any of them). They just need to use the price on the original order sheet from the time they ordered the Bronco. Dealer will be paid back by Ford in their Dealer Payment Statement. Usually takes 45-60 days.

If it wasn't ordered as plan pricing then the dealer needs to compare the invoices on the current and original and take that difference off the current plan pricing.

If you have a 21 that rolled into 22 then you will receive some of your difference in form of private cash from the smartvincent. Make sure they use the Protect Date instead of sale date.

Awesome. Thank you sir!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@FordVideoGuy basically nailed it. Definitely good info because for some reason a lot of dealers can't get this right even though Ford gives them instructions on exactly how it all works.

Also... here are the program numbers for pre-March 19th, 2021 order holders that your dealer can use in Vincent to look up the program:
  • PGM#38406
    • Handles the MY2021 -> MY2022 price changes
  • PGM#38446
    • Handles the MY2022 -> MY2022.5 price changes
    • Only applies if you modified your order after March 11th, 2022 and in doing so, have lost the standard retail price protection.
---

p.s. For those who come across this thread later via a Google search... worth noting that the Bronco has not yet been eligible for X-plan pricing from Ford. A/Z/D only.

Sponsored
OP
OP

pmi3

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Hey Tim, so my other vehicle (albeit an Escape) came in and the dealer is claiming that since I didn't have the PIN earlier this year to run (and show A plan price) at invoice, I cannot get price protection with A plan - only if I was going to take the vehicle at MSRP.

Does this sound right?

Again, we are all super appreciative of the help you give the forum.

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Tim, so my other vehicle (albeit an Escape) came in and the dealer is claiming that since I didn't have the PIN earlier this year to run (and show A plan price) at invoice, I cannot get price protection with A plan - only if I was going to take the vehicle at MSRP.

Does this sound right?

I think they are full of it. I ordered my Bronco in October with d plan. Took delivery in August and generated the pin number that day. I got my price protection.

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does this sound right?

No that isn't true. They should use the plan price from the original order, Ford will reimburse them on that price as long as it was ordered as a plan price when you ordered it.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. As a 15 month A-plan order holder at a very small dealership, I thank you so much for this information.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All,

Thanks in advance.
Did you tell your salesperson you had an A Plan that you want to use for your Bronco when you ordered it?

Sponsored
OP
OP

pmi3

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you tell your salesperson you had an A Plan that you want to use for your Bronco when you ordered it?
Yes, but it was verbal. Nothing in writing.

Zixer37

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2019 F-150 SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I told my sales woman when I ordered it, got a price quote in writing at that time. I put nothing down upon ordering it. The dealership was awesome to work with. I had 0 issues with the entire process.

Zixer37

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2019 F-150 SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they are full of it. I ordered my Bronco in October with d plan. Took delivery in August and generated the pin number that day. I got my price protection.
I did not have my pin when I ordered my bronco either. They are only good for a year and I didnt know how long it would take to get the truck. I did tell them that I would be using the A plan though and they worked up a price quote at the time I ordered it with me using it.

cmb396

Wildtrak
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JTR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@FordVideoGuy

p.s. For those who come across this thread later via a Google search... worth noting that the Bronco has not yet been eligible for X-plan pricing from Ford. A/Z/D only.
Any reason why this is? I have a deposit for a 23 spot @msrp, order has not been made yet, as I was told yesterday I could not order until Oct. 1, bc they are converting leftover 22 orders to 23.
I do have Xplan pin, and had planned to use it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any reason why this is? I have a deposit for a 23 spot @msrp, order has not been made yet, as I was told yesterday I could not order until Oct. 1, bc they are converting leftover 22 orders to 23.
I do have Xplan pin, and had planned to use it.
Ford limits the use of X-plan on production limited vehicles and vehicles in high demand. The demand for Bronco is dramatically higher than the supply—Ford is still trying to fulfill orders made back in January 2021.

And we don’t know when you’ll be able to place a new order for a 2023 Bronco. All Ford has said is they “will provide an update in Q4 2022”. You may not actually be able to place an order until Nov/Dec. Or… for all we know… the update may be “sorry, no new orders until sometime in 2023”.
Sponsored