Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any word on what price protection will look like?

Are we protected on our exact build only?

If I add Sasqupgrade to a 6cyl manual transmission, will I pay ‘22 pricing?

Will Ford let me keep the modular bumper as standard?
Sponsored

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any word on what price protection will look like?

Are we protected on our exact build only?

If I add Sasqupgrade to a 6cyl manual transmission, will I pay ‘22 pricing?

Will Ford let me keep the modular bumper as standard?
I have been wondering the same. Have had no communication with my dealer for many months, but my offer was agreed with an attached offer for my trade-in, which they limited to six months. Wondering what they might pull when it comes time to place the order for '22/

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

only communication so far:

What does price protection for the 2022 and 2023 model year mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for all customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. The final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer.

does not state what happens if you change models, or if changes are price protected yet.

assumption is that they will allow you to change to an existing option under the original price model but that could change. if the sas package doubles for ford doubt they would eat that.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the email saying my build won't happen until 2022. I was thinking I should change my order and option it all the way out before 2022 orders open as a way to price protect everything. I don't know if it matters but what could it hurt?

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle
"Similarly equipped" seems to be the key phrase. I don't think a color change would effect pricing, but adding squatch or upgrading engines would probably not be considered to be a similarly equipped vehicle.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I've heard from my rep is:

Price protection only covers your current order.

Your dealer will reach out when the September block opens to confirm order and verify any changes.

Any changes from your March deadline order (existing) is subject to change.

They are not anticipating large price changes, but you may have incremental changes
(i.e. 2.3 > 2.7 swap may be an extra $$$ over the previous cost).

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No such thing as the 2.7 with MT. Manual Sasquatch = 2.3/MT with Sq. Ford won’t put the 7MT behind the 2.7

You’ll probably have to pay extra for the mod bumper, doubt it will cancel price protection as far as everything else goes, though.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.

I think it would be a nightmare for Ford to manage all of these point in time orders and reservations.

So many possible use cases for them to account for. Consider:

- Reservation holders don't have full builds just trims and 2dr\4dr
- Order holders may have changed their order multiple times before 3\19 to facilitate early deliveries. They might want to defer back to their original order without the '21 constraints.
- Dealers may have just submitted 99 priority orders to meet the 3\19 deadline and not worry about the detailed build that a customer was requesting until '22 order banks open.

IMO, the much cleaner, easier to manage way would be for Ford to freeze all 2021 MSPR prices and let pre 3\19 order and reservation holders be priced from that pricing sheet regardless of them changing options, trims or # of doors. For items that were not available in 2021, the only price available would be the new '22 or '23 price.

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.

I think it would be a nightmare for Ford to manage all of these point in time orders and reservations.

- Order holders may have changed their order multiple times before 3\19 to facilitate early deliveries. They might want to defer back to their original order without the '21 constraints.
- Dealers may have just submitted 99 priority orders to meet the 3\19 deadline and not worry about the detailed build that a customer was requesting until '22 order banks open.

IMO, the much cleaner, easier to manage way would be for Ford to freeze all 2021 MSPR prices and let pre 3\19 reservation holders be priced from that pricing sheet regardless of them changing options, trims or # of doors. For items that were not available in 2021, the only price available would be the new '22 or '23 price.
I agree, but...
This makes the most sense, so we know this won't happen.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m wondering if the Eruption Green will be an extra charge ( had AMB ), and if going to a 7sp manual on my basesquatch will take off the charge for the automatic.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

IMO, the much cleaner, easier to manage way would be for Ford to freeze all 2021 MSPR prices and let pre 3\19 order and reservation holders be priced from that pricing sheet regardless of them changing options, trims or # of doors. For items that were not available in 2021, the only price available would be the new '22 or '23 price.
Although looking at it from a different point of view, I'm not interested in paying more, to help Ford subsidize the purchases of early reservationists and Ford's "look how many reservations we have" PR campaign. If Ford thinks all the rest of their customers can be treated as second class, and fund the reservation mess, Ford should think twice.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wondering if the Eruption Green will be an extra charge ( had AMB ), and if going to a 7sp manual on my basesquatch will take off the charge for the automatic.
AMB was not a charged color. Ruby Red (whatever) was. I wonder if the Metallic colors have the extra charge and the non-metallics don't.

That would mean Green would be no charge and Hot Pepper Red Metallic would.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

that also should include keeping exterior colors as chosen

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wish they would expand price protection beyond 3/19
Sponsored