Sponsored

Pricing $50k+? Outer Banks - A breakdown of what would it take to get most of the nice/luxury features offered in other SUVs

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2k extra on leather seats seems low doesn't it?
Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was interested in the leather if they offer that saddle brown combo from the press launch, but if not, I'll probably be OK without. I do want the 12" screen. Probably need the hardtop, but I guess we will see how the soft top is prior to ordering?

I'm trying to figure out the difference between an OBX with the 2.7, hard top, high package and sasquatch - which is probably pushing $51K and the wildtrack. Seems like i could get the extra "goat modes" by moving to the wildtrak for free. Am I looking at that right?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like you should be getting a Wildtrack. You are basically optioning out an OBX to be a standard Wildtrack.

OBX base is $42.5
Wildtrack base is $50.5

The difference between the two largely are that Sasquatch package and 2.7L come standard in Wildtrack, and modular hard top (which you want), hence the $8k upgrade. Which sounds right

Both are standard in cloth, and mid-package. Meaning you still need to pay additional $$ to get leather, high package for 12" screen.

It just a question of what is more expensive, an OBX with sasquatch, hard top and 2.7L checked off, or a base Wildtrack. I cant imagine they would price too differently. Either OBX saves you a grand by foregoing some minor tid bits included in the Wildtrack...or the Wildtrack undercuts the optioned out OBX by a grand because its baked into the standard packaging.

Either way, it sounds like you should be at around $50.5k plus high trim ($2k?). Thats $52.5k....plus $1.5k destination...plus tax and fees. ~$58k OTD (depending on state) sans a dealer mark up.

Lotta coin, especially given i didnt include leather.

Last edited:

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the trim comparison sheets, it looks like Leather is essentially a standalone option, though it may require you to at least get the Mid package.

I'm in a similar situation - would be my daily driver and family hauler, wouldn't use the off-road capabilities often, but want them for heading to the mountains in winter and the coast the rest of the year, might do some light off-roading as well - so I was initially looking at the Outer Banks.

However, I really like the idea of the washout interior* for longer family trips, beach, etc., and it looks like that's only in the Black Diamond and Badlands. I like to max out on tech options, and since the Black Diamond can't get all of the packages, that likely leads me to the Badlands.

* The caveat with the washout interior being the quality of the marine vinyl seats. If it feels cheap or gets too hot, then it's not worth it. But if it's good quality (some marine vinyl out there feels just like leather), then I'll probably take it over leather.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been telling myself 55k. I cant see myself getting away for any less regardless of which trim I start with.

Body color hard top
Sasquatch
Steel bumpers

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what is the consensus for a price estimate for a OBX with 2.7/body color mod top/leather seats/sasq/12" screen? And a Badlands with leather seats/2.7/12'screen/body color mod top but not the sasq pkg? I know it is all speculation for the time being but we should be able to estimate in the ball park. Appreciate any input.
Sponsored