toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many think the V6/Auto is $500 to $1,000 overpriced. You could have been absolutely outraged 1 month ago instead of waiting for the survey.

The BB is $4.8k more than Base. Everyone buying a Trim level above Base is effectively "buying" the BB because the $4.8k is baked into every trim line over the Base.

The $4.8k buys: leather wrapped steering wheel/gearshift; back tint; aluminum wheels/larger tires; fog lamps and a few oher really minor items. It's probably $2k of options.

Therefore, you're paying $2,800 "too much" for any Trim level that is not Base. Makes that V6/Auto look like a Kmart Blue Light Special.

Now you can be properly Outraged!
Sponsored

Last edited:

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it is what it is. We can bitch and moan about the pricing structure all we want, it’s not going to change. Go ahead and threaten to cancel your reservation, better yet, threaten to buy a Jeep, makes no difference. Come ordering time in December, you pay the price or you don’t. Your choice.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a great point! I have the suspicion after this initial rollout, the BIG BEND will be the default BASE model for dealers to have on the lot. There are few actual bare bones Jeep vehicles in my area, short of ordering one to be delivered!

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a great point! I have the suspicion after this initial rollout, the BIG BEND will be the default BASE model for dealers to have on the lot. There are few actual bare bones Jeep vehicles in my area, short of ordering one to be delivered!
There is a good possibility that the base will become a fleet order vehicle for police/fire/government agency/civil uses.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People are also assuming the survey pricing is the final pricing, it may end up being more or less. To me this was just a marketing research survey, I'm trying not to read too much into it. I'll just wait for the builder to come out before I make any decisions.

Sponsored

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People are also assuming the survey pricing is the final pricing, it may end up being more or less. To me this was just a marketing research survey, I'm trying not to read too much into it. I'll just wait for the builder to come out before I make any decisions.
i mean, if they wanted to get a feel for whether or not the pricing structure was good there would have been an option in those sections (or immediately after) to specify reasoning for the choice. all this does is reinforce the pricing they show. they can take it back to the board and say "see, they want these options at these prices." its not research, its fishing.

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, it is what it is. We can bitch and moan about the pricing structure all we want, it’s not going to change. Go ahead and threaten to cancel your reservation, better yet, threaten to buy a Jeep, makes no difference. Come ordering time in December, you pay the price or you don’t. Your choice.
Wrong. The whole point of the survey was so Ford could get a better idea on how the consumer felt about the pricing. I am sure Ford watches this website, so complaints on here is just more data for them to work with. I am not saying they will change it, but by not saying anything bad about the pricing, when we feel it is bad, is not good for anybody.

At the very least Ford will need to address the perspective that people have with its proposed pricing. After the post last night I priced a Rubicon with comparable specs to the Badlands with a Lux and towing package and it still came out cheaper.

smseagren

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wrong. The whole point of the survey was so Ford could get a better idea on how the consumer felt about the pricing. I am sure Ford watches this website, so complaints on here is just more data for them to work with. I am not saying they will change it, but by not saying anything bad about the pricing, when we feel it is bad, is not good for anybody.

At the very least Ford will need to address the perspective that people have with its proposed pricing. After the post last night I priced a Rubicon with comparable specs to the Badlands with a Lux and towing package and it still came out cheaper.
Are you sure? Its been suggested that they might have been gathering date for inventory/production. That way they have a better idea of what they need to ramp up before all the orders start flooding in. ?‍♂

edit: You might be right...the poll (of who received survey) is pretty damn lopsided so far. Ford probably did it just to buy them so more time.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i mean, if they wanted to get a feel for whether or not the pricing structure was good there would have been an option in those sections (or immediately after) to specify reasoning for the choice. all this does is reinforce the pricing they show. they can take it back to the board and say "see, they want these options at these prices." its not research, its fishing.
The reality is none of us know a darn thing. Just a bunch of people talking out their butt like every other internet forum, and making assumptions. all we can do is wait.

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure? Its been suggested that they might have been gathering date for inventory/production. That way they have a better idea of what they need to ramp up before all the orders start flooding in. ?‍♂
I hadn't heard that, but either way I think it is still good for Ford to receive honest feedback. In the case were they are trying to judge demand, false feedback might result in a oversupply in material.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People don't understand that things were adjusted to give a low base price, and the rest of the models have to make up for that difference

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reality is none of us know a darn thing. Just a bunch of people talking out their butt like every other internet forum, and making assumptions. all we can do is wait.
i dont disagree with you. i have some experience/background in surveys, user polling, and user testing. i didnt get a survey and only saw the screenshots, but i didnt see anywhere for a user to provide text response to quantify their choices or other general comments. from what i know about survey construction and data gathering, this is either to prove a preconceived point or gauge reaction.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Please note that I made no comment about the survey prices. None. Whatever Ford chooses to price the options at is the price we we must deal with. The bean counters will have their say in this and they do not care one iota what we think about the pricing, they are soulless number crunchers. If you feel the Rubicon is a better value for your money, go for it, just wave back at me when I drive by.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
and if it ends up being more $$ then THERE WILL BE MORE FREAKING COMPLAINING.

There's a lot of complaining on this forum.

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please note that I made no comment about the survey prices. None. Whatever Ford chooses to price the options at is the price we we must deal with. The bean counters will have their say in this and they do not care one iota what we think about the pricing, they are soulless number crunchers. If you feel the Rubicon is a better value for your money, go for it, just wave back at me when I drive by.
No the Badlands was cheaper, I may have to save longer but I still plan on getting it.
Sponsored