First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I am waiting for Mansquatch, I've been out if the loop for a while. Now I am seeing some threads talking about how "having no signed agreement before ordering means you will be at the dealers mercy".

I must be missing something; wouldn't those people simply be "at the mercy of dealer markups" before ordering rather than after, in that case? What does the dealer care if you walk away before or after ordering?

This brings me to my main question: Do we have any leverage with dealers if they attempt to gouge? I hear it is too late to change dealers, so were there any communications from Ford on the subject?

I trust my salesman thus far, and I do have a written response to my ADM question stating that "we won't charge you more just because it is a Bronco". This made me happy back then, but looking at it now, it definitely isn't legally ironclad.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I am waiting for Mansquatch, I've been out if the loop for a while. Now I am seeing some threads talking about how "having no signed agreement before ordering means you will be at the dealers mercy".

I must be missing something; wouldn't those people simply be "at the mercy of dealer markups" before ordering rather than after, in that case? What does the dealer care if you walk away before or after ordering?

This brings me to my main question: Do we have any leverage with dealers if they attempt to gouge? I hear it is too late to change dealers, so were there any communications from Ford on the subject?

I trust my salesman thus far, and I do have a written response to my ADM question stating that "we won't charge you more just because it is a Bronco". This made me happy back then, but looking at it now, it definitely isn't legally ironclad.
I'm no expert here but the leverage you have is that you can move your reservation to a different dealer. After you order your bronco it's tricky to switch dealerships.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what has been seen on bronco6g, there really isn't much "leverage" to negotiate a price. There is a great wealth of information on what specific dealers are selling at. Find one that you agree within purchase from them.

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm no expert here but the leverage you have is that you can move your reservation to a different dealer. After you order your bronco it's tricky to switch dealerships.
From what has been seen on bronco6g, there really isn't much "leverage" to negotiate a price. There is a great wealth of information on what specific dealers are selling at. Find one that you agree within purchase from them.
This is good. I was under the impression that I had passed the date for changing dealers. Will definitely have to look into this.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is good. I was under the impression that I had passed the date for changing dealers. Will definitely have to look into this.
You are past the date. You would need to cancel your existing order and place a new one at your desired dealer.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just spoke to my dealer about this. The short answer is your leverage is your trade in, because (at least here), they REALLY need used cars to sell. You'll get more for your trade in to offset the cost of the Bronco. The new side of the lot had a few LX and LXT trim Rangers, one F150 and a few base Explorers. Empty.

As far as negotiating sale price with the threat of walking away.. They WANT you to do that, so don't try. Every Bronco out of this particular dealership is with a $10K ADM fee if you don't have a preorder. They are hearing other dealerships sticking as much as $25K ADM fees now.

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe with dealers getting a few for their lots to sell they won’t try to hammer us reservation guys to hard !

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just spoke to my dealer about this. The short answer is your leverage is your trade in, because (at least here), they REALLY need used cars to sell.
Good point! I was hoping to utilize the current used car boom to max my trade-in value, but never thought if their need for inventory.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That ship sailed for 2021 builds.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
He said he's waiting for mansquatch i.e a 2022
Ahh I lost track of all the names. If I were waiting for a 22 I’d move my build to Chapman ford by philly I believe their offering under invoice pricing. But then you run the risk of not enough allocations.
Sponsored