First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm so torn. I want to be one of the first people to have one... On the other hand, I want more time to rat hole away more money. The more delays, the more I pay up front, the lower my monthly bill is, the better life is. BUT, if I was offered, I'm sure I'd take one tomorrow.
We sound alike :)
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And with this line of thinking, which Iā€™m not saying itā€™s wrong, there is no reason to think they numbers they say they are giving away is accurate. This could very well be the way Ford allows VIPā€™s with no reservation to just walk in and leave with whichever Bronco they want. There is no way to know if 2,500 ends up being 12,500
Not trying to argue here but it would appear Ford knows exactly how many of these priority orders have been offered. Why wouldn't they? It's not the dealer that gets to decide how many priority orders they are allotted. If that were the case, why not everyone. My point from the start is Ford shouldn't have offered it. That's all.

Life will go on....the sun came up this morning. And it's the first round of Masters weekend. Movin on.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Playing devils advocate, with a system of allocations and reservations there is a reasonable way for people to figure out when they should be getting their ride. With this loophole Ford can quite literally give out as many Broncos to whoever they want with the excuse of ā€œpriority orderā€. There is no way to track priority orders because they just made it up, so no way to actually know.
There is no reasonable way for us to figure out when we should be getting our ride... not until Ford (supposedly) supplies us with our "delivery window estimate" next month... and even then, what if there's a part shortage no one anticipated. If there was you would be able to tell me right now when you were going to originally get your Bronco, and what your new date is now that Priority Orders is a thing.

With this priority order ford is saying that based on metric X, you get Y priority orders to give out.... it's transparent and limited in number from what we understand (dealerships with hundreds of orders get a single, maybe 2 priority orders).

Technically, Ford could be playing games and altering people's timestamps already... the same way that they do when someone transfers a converted order. What's keeping Ford from just playing games and doing that for select people?

Either that is a much larger problem (since it's possible, unlimited, and totally hidden), or it's not a problem because we believe/trust Ford, or, the total number of people that would be bumped that way is statistically insignificant to actually matter to any of us.

Last edited:

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is no reasonable way for us to figure out when we should be getting our ride... not until Ford (supposedly) supplies us with our "delivery window estimate" next month... and even then, what if there's a part shortage no one anticipated.

With this priority order ford is saying that based on metric X, you get Y priority orders to give out.... it's transparent and limited in number from what we understand (dealerships with hundreds of orders get a single, maybe 2 priority orders).

Technically, Ford could be playing games and altering people's timestamps already... the same way that they do when someone transfers a converted order. What's keeping Ford from just playing games and doing that for select people?

Either that is a much larger problem (since it's possible but totally hidden), or it's not a problem because we believe/trust Ford, or, the total number of people that would be bumped that way is statistically insignificant to actually matter to any of us.
I donā€™t have an early time stamp, however if you were a day 1 etc and there are a few dozen of your wealth neighbors riding around in Broncos this summer it would might give an idea you got hosed.

Sponsored

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, normally I donā€™t feel ā€œentitledā€ to something unless they let me make a reservation. See, thatā€™s how reservations work.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think people need to realize that just having a place in line for a 2021 is better than the alternative...no reservation system and broncos on the lot with ADM going to the highest bidder.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something to enlighten. Remember most dealerships had to spend a good chunk of $$$ renovating their showrooms for the bronco. Yes they were also slightly rewarded with more allocations depending on how much they spent on said renovations/marketing.

So is it fair for the dealership to get rewarded a little with priority/premium sales to just a couple people? Absolutely imo. At the end of the day Ford has to keep dealerships happy to keep selling their shit. And the dealerships have to keep their top customers happy. I have zero entitlement unlike most of society these days so I will get mine when I get mine.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have never felt ā€œentitledā€ to a car before, but I have never made a reservation for a car before or even ordered a car before. I absolutely get doing favors for top customers in any other case. But if thatā€™s how this is going to be, they shouldnā€™t have done paid reservations. It is highly unlikely Iā€™d have planned to get a Bronco but for the reservation ability, which enabled me, I thought, to get my spot in line at the price point I wanted.

Now, I just heard some dealers may do ADM, and I see that my dealer is not on the list of those definitely NOT doing ADM. My dealer who never contacted me when the order window opened and was out of town when I got the 3/15 Ford email about it, and who has never returned my three phone calls in the last month, except when an office assistant called me back to tell me the workaround for getting my order placed while management was on vacation. Left a message with him two days ago just to ask what their allocation is and where I stand, and he said the sales manager would call me back, and he hasnā€™t.

So, I may not get it until October, and I may not find out until then that theyā€™ve added a markup?

But I guess Iā€™m just ā€œentitled.ā€

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never felt ā€œentitledā€ to a car before, but I have never made a reservation for a car before or even ordered a car before. I absolutely get doing favors for top customers in any other case. But if thatā€™s how this is going to be, they shouldnā€™t have done paid reservations. It is highly unlikely Iā€™d have planned to get a Bronco but for the reservation ability, which enabled me, I thought, to get my spot in line at the price point I wanted.

Now, I just heard some dealers may do ADM, and I see that my dealer is not on the list of those definitely NOT doing ADM. My dealer who never contacted me when the order window opened and was out of town when I got the 3/15 Ford email about it, and who has never returned my three phone calls in the last month, except when an office assistant called me back to tell me the workaround for getting my order placed while management was on vacation. Left a message with him two days ago just to ask what their allocation is and where I stand, and he said the sales manager would call me back, and he hasnā€™t.

So, I may not get it until October, and I may not find out until then that theyā€™ve added a markup?

But I guess Iā€™m just ā€œentitled.ā€
I feel your frustration. It sounds like your dealer has been dropping the ball and providing terrible service... and I too would not trust them to use a priority order (if they get one) in a meaningful or fair way.

I'm realizing from your post now that this Priority Ordering news is just one more straw adding to your already terrible Bronco experience, and another unknown on top of all the others.

I'm going to guess that this is where the dichotomy in this thread comes from... those of us that aren't phased by this news are working with dealers who have communicated clearly and we feel have been treating us fairly... and those that are upset at the news, like yourself, are with horrible dealers.

(Also, I'm shocked and worried you don't have a price negotiated yet. I think many of us didn't place our actual order until the negotiations were done.)

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was a lucky one too! I hope this means I will get my Bronco in June :)

Black Diamond | 2.7L | Velocity Blue
Congrats Christa and welcome to Bronco crazy town.

When was your reservation?
Sponsored