Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All I know is if this thing doesn’t ride smooth enough to keep my soy no whip extra hot light foam one stevia packet sprinkle of vanilla powder latte from sloshing onto the center console when I pull out of the Starbucks drive through on my way to the mall it’s definitely getting traded back in.
Lmao that's what the MGV is made for ? .. OP forgot to tell us that ..
Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This beast does and it's on 35's.

Ford Bronco Probably buy used before July 4th IMG_1967

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I'll get a badlands and go full Bōsōzoku on it, just to see how many heads explode in here.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of course the Early Bronco Forum will have more knowledgeable members around the Early Bronco, because the early Bronco has been around for over 50 years! It’s a vintage vehicle with owners with many years of experience with the vehicle. The 2021 Bronco isn’t out yet so posts on here are just in anticipation of the launch, none of us actually has a 2021 Bronco. There is limited information to discuss. The New Bronco will be a mass produced vehicle and will ride better than anything built in the 60s and 70s but there will probably be some people with buyer remorse but I doubt many will be on used car lots by July. Early reservation holders might not even get delivery by July!!
Being a car guy and in the past few years trying to buy cars that I had or wanted in my younger days, I've found that all of them drive like crap compared to modern vehicles. A 1970 Bronco if bought by one of the inferred Posers the OP is talking about, would be like OMG! I can't believe people actually drove theses POS's. THAT '70s Bronco would be back on the Auto Trader Classic site in a heartbeat.

What a joke of a thread...

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every passenger vehicle sold in the U.S. today is 'refined enough' for the average American. Full-size SUVs like the Tahoe are objectively hot garbage in terms of handling/steering, yet millions of soccer moms drive them and love them. The Wrangler with its SFA is about the only exception, and only a small subset of regular drivers notice the steering box that feels like a bowl of Jell-O.

The Bronco with its IFS will drive/handle about the same as any midsize pickup (surely better than the Taco and Frontier, actually), and plenty of non-enthusiasts drive and love those. People put cheap lifts and huge MT tires on all sorts of 4x4s, completely ruin the handling, and don't even notice or care because they spend most of their driving stuck in traffic anyway.

Let's not kid ourselves that the 6th gen Bronco will be some kind of hardcore machine that only true enthusiasts can tame. It'll be easy to live with just like every other modern vehicle.

Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both my EBs (73 and 67) kept me white knuckled on pavement. Off road was definitely when they were in their element. 65 mph on the road - scary. 65mph on the washboards out to Grand Falls on the Navajo nation - like a dream!

Even though the new Bronco WONT drive like a BMW, I would think the IFS would give it some nice road manners. I'm at that age where I want capability, but also want to be able to easily drive on the road. I cant imagine it would drive any worse than my current stiff, bouncy F350 with factory 33-ish tires on it. I certainly drive that much differently than the wife's BMW!

Sure there will be a population of folks who will change their minds after buying them. I would hope ANYONE buying a rig with 33s or 35s on it would know that there are tradeoffs involved and what they are getting into.

If you commute, you should probably have a commuter car for comfort and cheapness. For me, I only commute to work on vehicles with wings (and have not done that since March), so the Bronco is what I want. Is a squatched BL overkill for my needs? Probably, but go big or go home :)

But then again, here in AZ, you see lots of Superduties lifted 6+ inches with $10k plus in suspension where all the running gear is clean and pristine. Especially love it when they have 24" rims and low profile tires. Seems dumb to me to take a truck that is a poor offroader (to big and heavy), raise the center of gravity, kill the towing ability, and degrade the road manners just to drive it to the mall. But, that's just my opinion :)

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Jeep thing is definitely a lifestyle of mostly posers.... I said MOSTLY. I drive a Hyundai Veloster N and there are Jeeps in the parking lot at work that sit on 35s and 37s that are way cleaner underneath than my Hyundai. I have had my Veloster in a 4 wheel slide on dirt more than once. No reason owning them if you aren't gonna use em.

I also own a 1970 Bronco that was on 37s with a Detroit locker in it so I know what its like to drive a terrible highway driving 4wd. Drop them bias ply Boggers down to 10psi and have a Detroit loading and unloading in the rear end makes for some sketchy moments.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every passenger vehicle sold in the U.S. today is 'refined enough' for the average American. Full-size SUVs like the Tahoe are objectively hot garbage in terms of handling/steering, yet millions of soccer moms drive them and love them. The Wrangler with its SFA is about the only exception, and only a small subset of regular drivers notice the steering box that feels like a bowl of Jell-O.

The Bronco with its IFS will drive/handle about the same as any midsize pickup (surely better than the Taco and Frontier, actually), and plenty of non-enthusiasts drive and love those. People put cheap lifts and huge MT tires on all sorts of 4x4s, completely ruin the handling, and don't even notice or care because they spend most of their driving stuck in traffic anyway.

Let's not kid ourselves that the 6th gen Bronco will be some kind of hardcore machine that only true enthusiasts can tame. It'll be easy to live with just like every other modern vehicle.
I had a YJ for a long time and concurrent with three BMW 3 series I own. I have to say I found the YJ fun to drive on the street. It had great brake feel and direct steering. Raw as hell, but not some uncontrollable beast.

Same with my H3T. A big heavy beast but pretty decent at accurately placing it at the apex of a curve. As good as the last BMW F30 I drove. Lol.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As good as the last BMW F30 I drove. Lol.
I spent my 20s lusting after E46 M3s, and ended up cheap-leasing an F30 (N20 engine) with sport package and 6MT thinking it would be a fun, sporty drive. Boy, was I wrong. Great engine, but every tactile interface from the steering, to the brakes/clutch, to the shifter feel was just 'dull'. I remember test-driving a 7th-gen Camaro and thinking "Damn, Chevy now makes a better BMW than BMW".

I ended up returning the lease 6 months early, before it killed me by lulling me to sleep at the wheel. Even though it's FWD, my GTI is a million times more engaging than that turd. BMW is dead to me now.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I spent my 20s lusting after E46 M3s, and ended up cheap-leasing an F30 (N20 engine) with sport package and 6MT thinking it would be a fun, sporty drive. Boy, was I wrong. Great engine, but every tactile interface from the steering, to the brakes/clutch, to the shifter feel was just 'dull'. I remember test-driving a 7th-gen Camaro and thinking "Damn, Chevy now makes a better BMW than BMW".

I ended up returning the lease 6 months early, before it killed me by lulling me to sleep at the wheel. Even though it's FWD, my GTI is a million times more engaging than that turd. BMW is dead to me now.
That's the exact version of the F30 I was talking about. The Camaro is based off of GM's Alpha chassis that underpins the ATS. Both are great driving cars.

Now... back to Ford and the New Bronco

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea, i fall into this camp and after reading too many post's got more and more confused, so tomorrow we are picking up our new 2020 Macan and see down the road how the Bronco Fairs

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea you're right but people need to live their lives and experience new things if they so choose. If they don't like it they'll probably take a small money bath, but that's fine; happens to most of us at some point with something lol

My JL was the first jeep I owned but I was also fortunate that my salesman was a friend and let me test drive it for an entire weekend. I got a very good idea of what I was getting into. Definitely sacrifices over a typical SUV, but the last 3 years with it have been awesome.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, i fall into this camp and after reading too many post's got more and more confused, so tomorrow we are picking up our new 2020 Macan and see down the road how the Bronco Fairs
Enjoy it. I've heard they are a lot of fun. Definitely a different vehicle than a Bronco.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did I get here? I have always *wanted* a 4x4 something but was too cheap to get it when I had my Explorer or the 1st Sport Trac.
Growing up - my brother had an F100 Ranger and my sister drove an F150 Explorer. What was formative was the year he had a beat up FJ40. I rode in the back from downtown to Galveston and back. Reeked of gas and felt dangerous AF. When we got home, I drew a version of the FJ with a back that the roof in the back became the trunk lid like my kid mind imagined a Pulsar NX had to work. I sketched and re-sketched that transformer truck from 1988-1990 until I saw my first Explorer. It was close. I got a 1993 eventually and it leaked, so I replaced it with an 01 SportTrac that I drove to the lake all the time. Never needed 4x4 where I went, but I didn’t push hard. The tonneau cover and extender were great on the SportTrac. I loved that thing. I wrecked it.

I’ve driven a hot hatch for the last 14 years, but home negotiations were pointing towards something like a Bronco sport, but from a german brand. COVID led to an Olympic National Park vacation this year and logging roads in the F150. Just not as capable... and I explained all the reasons I loved the transformer truck and why I was excited about the Bronco. I do miss the cornering of the GTI, but I’ve been driving an F150 for a couple years now so the switch isn’t big. In 06 when I first moved to VW, I tested the all new 4 door unlimited Wrangler - with a manual. It was the runner up, but it was going to cost more for less features than getting a GTI. Now the Bronco is at price parity with the Wrangler, so there’s no incentive to change away. Last summer a buddy was working strange shifts at work so we would end up hanging out 2 nights a week in his JKU. Carlene Carter on the stereo and wind in my hair. I’m as ready as I’ll get. Who knows - I might trade this one fast and only keep it 3 years until they make the new Ranger better.

I know it won’t be quiet, but I’m hoping for something that is a polished Wrangler. Not too bad to take to the office 5 days a week and just fine to sling mud in the forest Saturday and Sunday. My other half can have the German CUV. It’ll be obvious when I go to pick it up if it’s the right choice or not. But given the dreams about it for the last year and the sketches from being a kid... I’m pretty sure it’ll come home with us.
Sponsored